Author Topic: Video games become only legal form of entertainment in world  (Read 2197 times)

Video games become only legal form of entertainment in world
« on: March 20, 2020, 02:05:15 pm »
as all bars, restaurants, cafés and gyms, cinemas, theatres, leisure centres ordered to close

sworddude

Re: Video games become only legal form of entertainment in world
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 02:57:09 pm »
as all bars, restaurants, cafés and gyms, cinemas, theatres, leisure centres ordered to close

what about sports, reading any other hobby that is not gaming.

not everything has to cost money?

Also if where talking cinema's the cheap variant is netflix use that instead.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 03:50:43 pm »
This has got to be the dumbest one yet. No, you can watch movies at home, listen to music, read a book....write a book, write music. Exercise. Learn a new hobby like cooking, sewing, gardening. Study. Learn about other cultures or history. There are endless possibilities out there, from your very own home.

Just because theaters aren't open doesn't make movies illegal. Just because concerts are being cancelled, doesn't make music illegal.

Warmsignal

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 04:32:58 pm »

The post is obvious hyperbole.

That said, sports are definitely a no-go right now. I wouldn't recommend it. Also, Netflix is terrible and not even close to be being an alternative to cinema, or bluray in terms of quality or quantity. I've come to realize that Netflix is basically the 21st century HBO. I'd rather pay for exactly what I want to watch than pay a network to spoon feed me content that I may or may not want to watch.

sworddude

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 08:28:40 pm »

The post is obvious hyperbole.

That said, sports are definitely a no-go right now. I wouldn't recommend it. Also, Netflix is terrible and not even close to be being an alternative to cinema, or bluray in terms of quality or quantity. I've come to realize that Netflix is basically the 21st century HBO. I'd rather pay for exactly what I want to watch than pay a network to spoon feed me content that I may or may not want to watch.

Sit ups, push ups etc can be done at home so excercise can still be done. It is most definitely recommended to stay in shape.

Also netflix is only around 10$ a month or less and you can always cancel it per month. also for a couple of $ more you get ultra HD. only the most picky viewers will give a damm about the minimal quality increase with blue ray not to mention that most people are perfectly fine with the basic setting wich is plenty good.

One time to the cinema costs more for a single movie for 1 whole month of tons of series and movies. also it doesnt need to be netflix you also have stuff like hulu.

Eitherway the value is way better than a cinema if that's your kinda stuff it's pretty hard to say it's bad value if your watching tons of movies. also it's not a subscription in wich you are stuck for 1 year you can cancel it at any month.

single blue rays or trips to the cinema are pretty pricy in comparison. but I get your point, paying for the stuff that you want to watch right now.

but again tons of series. the better older movies like lotr harry potter etc, not everything is there at all times but there is a rotation. There is a reason why these kinds of subscriptions are so popular these days.

Cinema's and physical movie sales really are declining thanks to these sites. The only things that are holding sites like netflix or hulu back is competition from other sites trying to earn big money in that subscription bandwagon making certain shows exclusive to certain sites. and ofcourse the brand new movies wich are cinema obviously not on these sites until some time has passed.

seriously though netflix compared to the extra channels you get when your paying extra for tv with them cable services. It's not even close regular tv will go bankrupped at this point leaving only news channels sports and talk shows behind. normal series and movies on regular tv are so hard to watch, only certain times usually not in order skipped episodes even with the premium channels for the extra stuff.

Getting seperate blue rays is nice and all, kinda a rough task and a pricy one at that probably more pricy than the cinema unless your going 2nd hand. but again convenience of sites like hulu, netflix is way better for most people or a seperate rental most people don't rewatch movies multiple times they only need to see it once.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 08:41:55 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 10:31:57 am »
I've been internally smirking, just a lil' bit, at all the people going 'oh what will we do with all the things closed?!' When my main job shut down for two weeks, I spent the last thinking of all the stuff I was gonna do- I'm gonna finish Yakuza Kiwami! I'm gonna clean/rearrange the closet! I'm gonna work on my Zelda map cross stitch! I could read the second Yukikaze novel, or Adam Savage's book! I'm gonna walk around playing Pokémon Go! I mean- I know minimalism is in and all, but do people really not keep things to do around their homes?

My plans have actually been messed up a bit becuase my second job isn't closing, so I've got some work shifts breaking things up. Although I shouldn't be too surprised-my second job is a craft store, we've had a lot of people coming in to buy things to occupy themselves/their kids. I picked up a little more thread for my map, and a punch needle kit- apparently all you need is a base fabric & some embroidery floss, and I've definitely got some of that around. If this gets extended into April, maybe I'll make a new, smaller carry pouch for my Lynx & embroider an Atari logo on it. Or look up YouTube videos on turntables and see if I can fix mine.

Aside from Yakuza & fighting new monsters in Iceborne, games are actually kinda low on the list- like, "I suppose I could start FF15. Or the Witcher 3, that'll use up time..."