Author Topic: What games are you playing during this dystopian lockdown?  (Read 2965 times)

shatterstar69

Re: What games are you playing during this dystopian lockdown?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 07:20:39 am »
Playing Doom Eternal, Children of Zodiarcs, Resident Evil 0 and Gears of War 3. I haven't left the house except for work (I am lucky to work in one of the deemed "essential" jobs by the government, although we are told to stay home if we become sick)
Time to make the donuts!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 08:35:37 am »
What lockdown. Ole Pappa Turf is still out there in the world building roads.

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 09:06:39 am »
Just working on the back catalog.  Recently completed SOMA and Snatcher.  Not sure whats next yet.....

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 06:02:55 pm »
Mostly Animal Crossing New Horizons. Though I picked up a few games on spring sale as well on the Japanese eshop, they had Ni No Kuni, Yokai Watch, and Layton DX for 1,000 yen each. Mostly playing Ni No Kuni and Yokai Watch as I can't yet make out the instruction in Layton.

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 07:02:57 pm »
NASCAR Heat PS1

Multiple Tiger Woods golf games

The Sims 2

I plan to play multiple racing games and golf games
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 11:59:22 pm »
Been mostly working on improving my speedrun of Uncharted Waters: New Horizons, an obscure SNES RPG.

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 10:53:38 am »
Been mostly working on improving my speedrun of Uncharted Waters: New Horizons, an obscure SNES RPG.

Nice! I stumbled into a copy of that buying a $30 SNES lot at a thrift store. If this whole thing runs long, perhaps I'll start it up & bug you for tips!

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2020, 11:52:59 am »

Nice! I stumbled into a copy of that buying a $30 SNES lot at a thrift store. If this whole thing runs long, perhaps I'll start it up & bug you for tips!

It was one of my favourite games as a kid. It's this bizarre hybrid of Open-world exploration/Tactical strategy/RPG/Economic simulation. I never actually owned it until I was an adult, but I'd rent it from Blockbuster every chance I got. It has some decent replay value as it has multiple characters, each with their own story that intertwines with the other characters, so you have to play all six stories to get the whole plot. It has some continuity with the original Uncharted Waters as well, but no knowledge of that game is required, since it's a self-contained story. My only big complaint with it is that it has 6 stories but only one save slot!

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2020, 09:53:48 pm »
Wanted to pick up Doom Eternal, haven't done it yet though. Been mostly playing random PlayStation stuff, got a PSTV and put some psp stuff on it. Wipeout Omega Collection, Doom 64 and Quake Champions for my multiplayer fix

megasilverx1

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 11:20:37 pm »
Been playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX and when it gets released in a few days, Persona 5R.

kypherion

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2020, 11:26:34 pm »
DOOM Eternal. I already beat it last Saturday and I have a 100% save file as of thursday (2 days ago). It's a blast.

Also the originals (Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II, Final DOOM)
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2020, 06:50:28 am »
DOOM Eternal. I already beat it last Saturday and I have a 100% save file as of thursday (2 days ago). It's a blast.

My copy of Eternal hasn't arrived yet (I pre-ordered the day before release just to get D64), so I have been taking the opportunity to play the original 2 games, which I had never beaten before.  I'd of course beaten the shareware chapter 25+ years ago, but never the whole game.  I finished a couple of days ago, and I am now on Chapter 24 of Doom II, which is way harder and more dense with enemies than the first.

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2020, 05:39:45 pm »

My copy of Eternal hasn't arrived yet (I pre-ordered the day before release just to get D64), so I have been taking the opportunity to play the original 2 games, which I had never beaten before.  I'd of course beaten the shareware chapter 25+ years ago, but never the whole game.  I finished a couple of days ago, and I am now on Chapter 24 of Doom II, which is way harder and more dense with enemies than the first.

In chapter 30 (end game) I'll give you a hint, just in case you get stuck, but I won't spoil it for you. But you don't win the boss by shooting down his spawns think rocket launcher ;)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 05:41:58 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2020, 11:28:10 pm »
I already knew what the trick was (The Icon is a pretty famous boss), but it was still a major league pain in my ass.  Kept getting bad spawns that made it difficult to actually get those rocket shots off.