Author Topic: Silent Hills Coming Back!  (Read 1842 times)

shatterstar69

Silent Hills Coming Back!
« on: March 14, 2020, 02:56:11 am »
It has been rumored that Silent Hills might be resurrected by Sony and Kojima.  I’m not sure
about the logistics of this, since I believe Konami still has the rights to the franchise.  I’m one of those that missed out on the P.T. demo so this is very exciting to me
since everything I have heard and seen about it has been excellent.  Anyway, just
curious what you guys think about this? 
Time to make the donuts!

Re: Silent Hills Coming Back!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 04:03:40 am »
It would be pretty interesting if it turns out to be true.  While Kojima and Konami have very bad blood between them, I think this is looking to be very much on Sony seeing money left on the table and wanting to capitalize on what a big win it would be to not only bring Kojima back to do Silent Hills, but to reboot Silent Hill entirely with a brand new game, so that's two Silent Hill games Sony would get hold of.  The talk seems to be that Silent Hills might be more "Until Dawn"-like, which isn't the best, that means minimal gameplay, more cutscenes and quicktime events.  That said, the other game would have some original Silent Hill members involved, which is usually a good sign.

I'm not a huge fan of Silent Hill myself, regular horror with minimal combat isn't usually my thing, so I never got into the series, but Kojima getting a second chance to try and do what he was doing before is very interesting, especially if he can get Del Toro back to help out with it.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 04:18:52 am »
The rumors sure are interesting but it just doesn't make sense that Sony would want to pay to license the name from Konami instead of building something of their own.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 05:23:02 am »
The rumors sure are interesting but it just doesn't make sense that Sony would want to pay to license the name from Konami instead of building something of their own.

Silent Hill has a ton of name value and PT was a big hit for Sony, despite it not actually making them any money.  The hype they could get by bringing back Silent Hills, under Kojima, would be pretty big news.  I figure at this point that Konami has given up on doing anything notable with their game properties and probably are open to just taking money from the likes of Sony to license the property.

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 01:44:54 pm »
I really, really hope this ends up being true and not just another internet rumor. I feel like before Silent Hill got put on the shelf the series had gone very stale, and it's certainly been long enough to where if done right the series could have a triumphant revival.