Author Topic: What's your Mario kart series tier list  (Read 6942 times)

sworddude

What's your Mario kart series tier list
« on: April 08, 2020, 10:15:53 am »
Wich mario kart games do you rank high in the series.

My personal top 3 are mk wii gamecube and ds

Mario kart wii and gamecube have the best soundtrack by bar
Mario kart wii has the tech, the insane modding community still active online community vs mode hacked and playable today the best rankings my favourite gameplay in the entire series
MK cube has the most chaos and the 2 player per carts definitely adds to the experience along with exclusive weapons for each character.
MK ds, snaking is a thing in normal races but most importantly the best battle mode in the entire series also mission mode was interesting, wii also had a toned down version of it wich was really cool aswell with them bosses and other objectives. wich is accesible thanks to hacking since those where timed events.

most mario kart games have excellent menu ost but mario kart wii was something else it gave it a cool vibe. It's a shame that mk 8 and deluxe have such a lame sountrack for the menu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlQmCfjXApM

Mario kart 8 is pretty good, but for the first time in a while the series hasn't brought the magic back as my personal top 3, way less shortcuts less offroad lakitu literally dragging you for going slightly offstage being a baby sitter compared to other mario kart games, items have way less of an effect. and in a lesser degree the soundtrack even though it has allot more stages. still having toned down stunts less freedom in movement less tech.

The noob mode while you could turn it off in mk 8 deluxe kinda worries me for the future of the series in terms of movement tracks shortcuts lakitu being even faster than in 8, not to mention mario kart tour.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 10:19:08 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Re: What's your Mario kart series tier list
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 10:22:54 am »
I've only ever really played Mario Kart 8/Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Mario Kart 64 over the years, just never really owned a lot of Nintendo systems for very long after N64, like I never had a Gamecube, I didn't own a Wii for more than like 6 months, I didn't own a DS, and much the same as the Wii, I didn't own a 3DS for too long, mostly just playing the N64 Zelda ports and some of that awful Xenoblade port.

-Mario Kart 8/Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
-Mario Kart 64
-Super Mario Kart
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:56:27 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 12:44:00 pm »
I haven't played all of them, but here's how I'd rank them.

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (including standard Mario Kart 8 here as well)
2. Mario Kart 64
3. Super Mario Kart
4. Mario Kart DS

telly

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 01:43:55 pm »
For me:

Mario Kart 8
Double Dash a close second
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Kart 64

Super Mario Kart is borderline unplayable for me.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 03:07:18 pm »
For me:

Mario Kart 8
Double Dash a close second
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Kart 64

Super Mario Kart is borderline unplayable for me.

How are you playing Super Mario Kart? What console or device are you playing it on?
The only Mario Kart game I ever played currently "Super Mario Kart" for the SNES Mini console is the only one I  played before.

I like it, to me it seems no different than any other racing game, yes it is challenging but I also played other cart racing game like "Crash Team Racing" for the PlayStation 1 and Mickey Speedway USA for the Nintendo 64 all three of these games are similar, I beat Super Mario Kart on all the easy levels, but I will reckon just like the most of the other older racing video games out there. Super Mario Kart is challenging on the hardest difficulty just like all the rest or the kart racing clones I've  played

What character do you choose on Super Mario Kart? Bowser is the heaviest racer and is usually the slowest the kumpa troopa is the fastest to play as, but usually loses when he is controlled by the CPU. and when you are controlling Mario himself
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 03:12:58 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

hexen

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 03:50:09 pm »
I am pleasantly surprised by your list, Sworddude. It is actually similar to how I would do it with a few differences. I was certain most people where gonna do the bog standard MK8 as the top every time.

S: Double Dash
A: Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart DS
B: Mario Kart 8
C: Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 7, Super Circuit
D: Mario Kart 64

Double Dash is my all time favorite. I love the tracks, I love the doubles system, I love the controls.

Wii and DS are next on how much I've played them and also great in most regards. I wish snaking didn't exist in DS, but you get used to it. DS also had all those amazing mission modes, and I do really like Wii's cycles and tracks.

Mario Kart 8 is where things go down... I can't justify putting it lower because it has SO much content, but this is in the coin system being brought era... and I HATE the coin system. Mario Kart improved so much when it was removed, but now it seems like it may be back for good... god, I hope not.

Super Mario Kart is really nostalgic and it's battle system is second best, but too many improvements have been made. MK7 is a worse version of MK8. Super Circuit is in the same realm as SMK, but I have less nostalgia for it.

Mario Kart 64 is the most boring and standard of all the games in my opinion. I don't think it improved on SMK enough and I think the tracks go from boring to even poorly designed. It's ace, though, is that it has the best battle mode in the franchise. Much like reintroducing coins was bad to me, ditching the battle system of the first 2 games in most of the series is a baffling decision to me.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 04:40:11 pm »
I don't mind the coin system in Super Mario Kart. Why do so many hate it?, But I never played another player and maybe thats why? I can see if some one else hogs all the coins in the beginning and ultimately goes the fastest. but the CPU does not hog all the coins.

I never played Mario Kart 64, because that is usually a $30-$60 USD for a used 1 loose cartridge. from everywhere I've seen for sale. heck DKoldies is selling a copy for $80 loose and I could buy a whole console for that price
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 06:25:03 pm »
1- 8 Deluxe
2- DS
3- 64
4- Double Dash
5- Super Circuit
6- Super Mario Kart
7- Wii
8- 7

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 09:16:42 pm »
DS>Double Dash>Wii>8>7>64>Super Circut>Super

drewthatgamer

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 11:39:48 pm »
This may be a bit controversial, but...

1. 8
2. DS
3. 7
4. 64
5. wii
6. double dash
7. super circuit
8. super

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 01:38:08 am »
I'd put 64 higher tbh, other than that, about the same as your list.

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 01:45:36 am »
8 Deluxe
Double Dash!!
Wii
DS
Super Circuit
Tour
The four arcade ones..
Super

sonicfan53

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2020, 05:04:06 am »
8 Deluxe
DS
Wii
Double Dash
Super Circuit
Super (SNES)

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2020, 10:28:13 am »
I've only played Mario Kart 8, Double Dash, Super Mario Kart, and Super Circuit for any considerable amount of time
1. Double Dash
  By far my favorite, the two person karts, fun stages, lots of unique items, much fun was had with this one
2. 8
   I've only played this a few times, I had fin, but the spinning and looping levels are a bit disorienting
3. Super Mario Kart
   Back when I was little I never really played this much (instead going for Super Mario World) but I like this one, even if it isn't that great
4. Super Circuit
  I can't actually recall the last time I played Super Circuit but I don't hate it unlike how most people seem to

sworddude

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2020, 11:28:00 am »
Personally i wouldn't say that super mario kart or super circuit are bad games.

They are good, but those 2 in particular are quite different games compared to all other mario kart games imo.

Mario kart 64 onwards is the mario kart formula that I prefer. i love 2d games but in the case of mario kart I'd rather stick with 3d. but there is a fanbase of people prefering them 2d mario kart.
Your Stylish Sword Master!