Author Topic: Why I joined this website (Not that anyone cares)  (Read 3030 times)

Why I joined this website (Not that anyone cares)
« on: April 19, 2020, 10:23:49 pm »
Basically before joining this website I had been using this game collection app for about a year or 2. (I forget the name of it) Anyway, long story short it deleted all of the data I had put into it about my game collection and wishlist unexpectedly back in early January. Needless to say, I was livid to find this out so I had to search for a new place to store my collection and wishlist. I tried to find a different app, but that turned out to be a waste of time after I read all of the reviews. So then I thought maybe somewhere on the internet there might be a website that does basically what the app I had been using did. So I went on Google, and found this place. I gotta say, this website is WAY BETTER than the app I used to use. So that’s my story.

Re: Why I joined this website (Not that anyone cares)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 10:39:15 pm »
I had the same thing happen to me, I used to use RetroCollect, in spite of their database being terrible. Like, not having all the games for any single retro console (and no way to add games) was a major pain. Even most of the games that they did have did not include any photo or year or release and no description.

The only reason why I found this site VGCollect is because, the other site kicked me off for no reason, or because I angered a senor member by posting a Christian Cross as an avatar, I took it down as was banned later.

I care about everyone on here and since you're new to us, know that you have nothing to worry about here, this site has great people working for it. I never had any trouble with my edits being rejected like others have.

the members are all nice too, except for some
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 10:45:29 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 02:02:05 am »
I joined this website because I heard it was the hang out of one of the sexiest men that ever lived.

Mr. TPugmire.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 02:39:57 am »
I've been part of this site since I believe near the beginning when it was still new. I dont remember how I stumbled upon it but when I saw it was a database to keep track of what you have I was all in. My account doesnt reflect that I have been here a long time due to closing my original account. There was point in my life a couple years back where my love for gaming was on a decline and part of that included deleting my first account because I couldn't stand looking at what I had accumulated which you would think the same could have been said for my actual collection but not the case. After some time and getting back into the swing of things for lack of a better term, I came back under a different name but with the same avatar with open arms. Part of the allure to me with this site is everyone is nice and there isnt any toxicity like there was during my years in the Gamefaqs gaming forums. I was there for a very long time and needless to say, it was downright annoying. Here not so much. It usually depends on individual users but thats on case by case basis. 

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 08:18:09 am »
I joined this website because I heard it was the hang out of one of the sexiest men that ever lived.

Mr. TPugmire.

TPugmire is one hot piece of man chicken.

telly

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 08:25:05 am »

Mr. TPugmire.

Seconded
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

tpugmire

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 09:28:10 am »

Mr. TPugmire.

Seconded

Thirded?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 01:01:14 pm »
I used Gamespot for years prior to coming here. They had a collection catalog tool that I used, but one day without warning they got rid of it. The forums on that site were also filled to the brim with trolls and fanboys, which luckily this site is mostly free of.

azure

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2020, 02:19:53 pm »
I used Gamespot for years prior to coming here. They had a collection catalog tool that I used, but one day without warning they got rid of it. The forums on that site were also filled to the brim with trolls and fanboys, which luckily this site is mostly free of.
Ahh yes, when Gamespot just changed their entire website layout/system. I made some good friends there. I miss the old leveling system they had and the collection tracker. Man, got me all nostalgic now, haha.

doafan

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 02:22:55 pm »
I started here almost six years ago when I still purhcased videogames, after three kids is kinda impossible for me to get new titles/consoles but still trying to get those titles that take my attention.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2020, 08:06:28 pm »

Mr. TPugmire.

Seconded

Thirded?
Mmmmm chicken! lol.

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2020, 11:10:31 pm »
Ahh yes, when Gamespot just changed their entire website layout/system. I made some good friends there. I miss the old leveling system they had and the collection tracker. Man, got me all nostalgic now, haha.

Oh man! I almost forgot about the leveling system! Yeah, old Gamespot hits me in the feels. Same with 2000s Gametrailers.

ffxik

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2020, 01:30:41 am »
I stumbled onto this place back in 2011.  I was using The Backloggery to track things but I absolutely hated it's layout.  I was searching around and here I am.   The community is great and very helpful overall.  So welcome aboard.  :)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2020, 11:25:22 am »
*raises his goblet of beer

To the best damn video game collection site on the planet!!  ;)

Warmsignal

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2020, 01:17:21 pm »
It's better than most.

I joined because the website RF Generation was going down on a near daily basis, and it frustrated me to a point of wanting to just find another place to catalog my games. I like the style of spreadsheet cataloging they do over there, but unfortunately now the user base has dwindled to the point that a lot of newer releases aren't even being submitted. I don't even catalog here anymore, I pretty much just poke around the forums here and there.