Author Topic: What Is Your Most Favorite Video Game Console? And Why?  (Read 3525 times)

What Is Your Most Favorite Video Game Console? And Why?
« on: April 21, 2020, 11:26:37 pm »
If you were only going to list one, which was would be your most favorite of all time?

Mine would be the PlayStation 3, I guess. but this is a vary difficult question for me to answer.

Because of how much it can do, First off the PlayStation 3 super slims I've had seem vary reliable. they can be dropped on accident and still work fine. my 250 gig one I would use hours and hours and it still ran. I recorded over 700 CD's on it twice, and ran many hours of Gran Turismo 1 and 2. as well as a lot of other PlayStation 1 and PlayStation 3 games on it.

I use a regular PS3 slim now and I like it better than my old beat up PS3 super slim.

(edit) There is one other thread for your favorite 7th generation console in 2015 here is the link
https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6082.msg89420.html#msg89420

this thread is for all consoles big and small new or old :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 06:50:28 am by oldgamerz »
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

Re: What Is Your Most Favorite Video Game Console? And Why?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 10:09:28 am »
Sega Dreamcast

The ratio of good to excellent games on the console compared to bad games is one of the best of any console, maybe the best. There are so many excellent games on the console from many different genres. Still to this day I enjoy playing games on it that I never played before, and also enjoy going back and replaying games I've literally played hundreds of times. It was definitely an amazing console that was let down by poor business decisions at Sega, but also being unable to compete with the PS2 which had many advantages over it when it came out, at least from a consumer point of view.

There is also the nostalgia factor as well. My little brother got a Dreamcast a couple months after it came out in 1999 and I have so many fond memories of playing games like Sonic Adventure, House of the Dead 2, and Marvel vs Capcom in those early days, and so many others in the short time the console was supported. Over the years since I've continually gone back and played it, and it gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling each time that few things, video games or otherwise, can give me.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 10:23:16 am by bikingjahuty »

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 10:46:41 am »
My favorite console isn't the best console, but I still love it.  The N64 may not have the most games and the controller kinda sucks, but it has some of my favorite all time games.  Ocarina of Time, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Diddy Kong Racing, Super Mario 64, and a handful of others that I love.  I love the design of it and while it's labeling isn't as good as say Super Nintendo, I dig the cartridges too.  I think why I like it so much goes beyond just my favorite games, as it was very much MY system, like it was properly mine, not something given to the family like the NES and I didn't really own an SNES, and I don't even remember when we got the Genesis, but the N64 when we got it was very much mine as both me and my sister had a different colored console and I still have my arctic blue N64.

Warmsignal

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 02:53:27 pm »
I'm going to go with the N64. It was the pinnacle of excitement in video games for me, there was a lot of innovation going on and every game experience felt larger than life to my young and impressionable mind. I was blown away by a lot of the cutting edge 3D gaming experiences it provided, and the endless possibility of 4-player fun. So many good memories I have are associated with the days of playing N64 back in the late 90s. N64 set a new standard for my gaming preferences, and everything that followed was just a gradual improvement on those concepts.

So yes, my choice is nostalgia driven. Nothing can really compare to that experience as far as other video games or consoles, regardless of how much improved the games are, how much better the controller is, or how many great games there are across another platform. Some of you guys are clearly still very excited for modern gaming experiences, and I envy that, however it's just not the same for me anymore. At least not to that level of hype and immersion. It hasn't been since the N64 days, and probably never will be again.

So I can say with some confidence that N64 will hold the title of favorite console of all time.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 02:56:52 pm by Warmsignal »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 07:53:13 pm »
The NES is my favorite because I’m old

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 08:27:54 pm »
PS2 for nostalgic reasons and just the shear amount of good games.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 08:36:28 pm »
Snes is my favorite I have lots of good memories playing so many great games on it.

stealthrush

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 09:09:03 pm »
Sega Saturn.

Growing up with an NES, and SNES I enjoyed playing arcade games with colorful graphics, giant robots, 1v1 fighting, quirky unique gameplay, with an overall Japanese style to them. Fond memories reading upon the upcoming 32-bit home consoles anticipating playing all the systems settling with Sega Saturn. Great memories using it to first play Audio-CDs, playing arcade classics such as Daytona USA, Virtual-On, Die Hard Arcade, Virtua Fighter 2, and plenty more. Hours spent unlocking everything in Guardian Heroes, probably my post played game. Sega Saturn had it all for me- and that was only the beginning. The reason why it is #1 was several years later I discovered & played plenty of imports that got left behind for one reason or another. A close second would be Sega Dreamcast if it wasn't for its short life-span and smaller library.

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 09:12:34 pm »
That's a rough one. I guess it would have to be the 360? So many good games and nostalgic value in that console for me. But that was a hard decision to make, the N64 is a close second because of how often I played those games when I was younger. I have fond memories of playing crappy games with my brother on that console- Tom and Jerry, Hot Wheels Turbo Racing, etc.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 09:26:51 pm »
PS2 as that was the peak of my gaming during my teen starting at age of 13 into early adulthood. So many great games and memories. Also its the console with the most games I have for one console.

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 10:37:22 pm »
Dreamcast and Nintendo 64 are my favorites.

Sincerely, there's no motiv to take these how "favorites", is something that comes deep from the heart, but i will try to answer.

Dreamcast is a arcade machine, like your predecessor, the amazing Saturn, unfortunately both was a commercial failure, but, the Dreamcast had some efforts and give us the best of that period with such great fighting, racing and platform games, till the few RPGs like Grandia 2 and Skies of Arcadia are marvelous.

Nintendo 64 is one of biggest suprises in my life, Mario 64 is the last game that really blew my mind, after came other beatiful and memorable 3D platformers like Conkers, Banjo and Goemon series, and the amazing racing games? I love so much Rush 2 and Beetle Adventure Racing.

I adore all videogames in general, but theses two, Genesis and NES, are the most important for my gamer life.

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2020, 02:17:36 am »
The Xbox was there during every break up, every childhood memory, every heartbreak, every feeling of inadequacy and pain.  Tears dripping down your cheek patterning against the keyboard feeling like you are about to die. The Xbox was there with it's glowing LED white Xbox logo being like a portal into another world where you can be safe, loved, feel accepted for who you are. Video games provide Escape.  The warm summer hair flowing through the screen window on summer vacation. Xbox is like my best friend. Video games are like my crutch. Xbox was there when I found true love. , and that black piece of plastic will be there when I lose it. We are born free. We die slaves. Imprisoned by our mind

sworddude

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 12:01:15 pm »
Probably a tie between gba gamecube and ds.

So many great memories of playing those with friends in times in wich free time seemed endless
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2020, 04:20:01 pm »
I'm really digging all the N64 and PS2 love on here :)

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2020, 12:52:03 am »
I would say Super Nintendo, but let me also throw the Sega CD in there since I have really happy memories of playing Lunar and Sonic CD.  I know it wasn't the best system, but it holds a place in my heart.