Author Topic: Super Mario Maker 2 Community Thread  (Read 913 times)

Super Mario Maker 2 Community Thread
« on: April 24, 2020, 12:41:53 pm »
So, I thought there was already one of these, but I couldn't find it.

Here is the link for Community Thread for the first game:
https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6488.msg98960.html#msg98960

With the release of the final major patch (details here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NABeP5oGygM) I am finally look at getting back into this game after only spending a little bit of time with it in the beginning.

The last patch has added a ton of interesting content, including World Maker!  I'm hoping to play some great new levels, as well as to actually finally make some with the new engine.

Please share Friend Codes and Level Codes here!

Cartagia Friend Code: SW-5591-0431-1049

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 Community Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 12:46:24 pm »
I was considering getting this, I played the original a lot. Is there enough to differentiate the two to justify paying full price? I haven't looked into it very much.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 01:07:13 pm »
The latest update alone  has added SMB2 physics, the Koopalings, and a World Maker.  It’s definitely different enough to check out.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 01:08:49 pm by Cartagia »

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 03:56:20 pm »
I finally picked this back up a couple of days ago.  I tried Easy Endless and was just bored out of my mind.  Normal endless was a little bit better, but there's a lot of garbage in there.

I added a bunch of high-end level makers to my follow list, and for some dumb reason I thought the best way to get back into Mario Maker was to play games from one of the best players in the world.  One of his levels taught me shell jumping, but I've put 2-3 hours into a level that I thought looked relatively easy (comparatively) and managed to make it about 2/3 of the way through.  I'm slowly getting better but I should probably just put in some more general practice time first.