Author Topic: I want to become more of a retro gamer full-time do you guys have any tips  (Read 2524 times)

Like some of us otakus,weebs,gamers,final fantasy fan/huge fans & hentai fans I might be picky when it comes down to modern sorry. In a way you guys can thank the mainstream,the mainstream media,localizers,Anita Sarkseon,Puritans,normies,SJWs/npcs & feminists for this & this bs. I owed my thanks to Anita Sarkseon,Puritans,normies,SJWs/npcs & feminists for my love for the classics,retro games,anime classics,old school anime & manga classics even more.

& to explain my question even farther I admit it again that I buy,I still buy,I love,I still love,I play & I still play the classics,retro games,anime classics,old school anime & manga classics & so I'm asking ahead of time for any extra tips from any of you guys who left modern for the classics & retro games to be a retro gamer. & those of you guys who seeing what us otakus,weebs,gamers,final fantasy fan/huge fans & hentai fans are going through,dealing with & had to deal with you guys will see what I mean,you guys will know what I mean & you guys will understand what I mean.

Sorry for my a bit long question+rant & yes I will say it again that I'm a otaku,I'm a gamer,I'm a final fantasy fan/huge fan aka final fantasy nerd,I'm a hentai fan,I love hentai both vr & non-vr & I love hentai stuff too. Like Raging Golden Eagle I'm not loyal to a brand to name some of many examples I admit it that I have favorite games from Soyny to Microsoft to Nintendo to pc to console to handheld don't worry I do have other favorite games too as well these are just some of many examples. & lol don't worry I'm talking about both physical copies & digital/digital download since I love both physical copies & digital/digital download equally even though I preferred physical copies & if I choose to I will pirate the games & if I choose to & if I choose to go that far & don't worry I will support indie developers too as well If he/or she is worth supporting  :).
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 12:10:35 am by eaglelord9814 »

this thread has some great tips for all collectors to read, I was just browsing this earlier thread today

https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,8759.0.html
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

azure

I personally struggle to go back to older games, mostly due to having a huge backlog of current gen experiences to go through as it is! I think the best way to tackle it is by looking at something you already enjoy and finding an older/retro experience similar to it. You like Final Fantasy (I sure do!), have you considered playing older entries in the series? Looking at your Collection I see you haven't Final Fantasy IX or Final Fantasy VI both titles I'd highly recommend within the series! If you find you get along with VI, then maybe look into other big 16-Bit JRPGs of the time like Chrono Trigger or Breath of Fire and see what else is on offer.

sworddude

it really depends

even if where talking rpg's alone old rpg's and new rpg's are so different. most current gen rpg's I do not even like compared to the old era. 16 bit rpg's are a different beast. FF alone has changed so much since X.

If you especially enjoy current gen games with them bigger overworld like the witcher red dead redemption GTA V etc and you want something simular retro games might not be that enjoyable for you.

and if where talking arcade games aside from some indi games like blazing chrome wild guns reloaded ninja warriors and a few others it's either downgrade or a totally different experience. modern gaming is trash in that department but there are some gems here and there.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

ferraroso

Well, as a full-time professional anti-racist, social justice warrior, political correctness activist, leftist, feminist, antifa myself, I wonder what would it mean for someone to be a full-time retro gamer... Maybe someone who plays old games for a living or something like that?

Buy the way, I had never heard of Anita Sarkeesian (or Anita Sarkseon as you misspelled her name), but I she seems to be doing a pretty good job with Feminist Frequency and Tropes vs. Women in Video Games.
I'll definitely keep an eye on her work from now on! Thanks for the tip!

jipsy

I think you really just have to buy the games, if you enjoy them you enjoy them, really not a way to change that

Jipsy

soera

By the way, I had never heard of Anita Sarkeesian (or Anita Sarkseon as you misspelled her name), but she seems to be doing a pretty good job with Feminist Frequency and Tropes vs. Women in Video Games.
I'll definitely keep an eye on her work from now on! Thanks for the tip!

:( :( :( :( She is evil and I hope your post is in jest.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

ferraroso

:( :( :( :( She is evil and I hope your post is in jest.

Well, like I said, I first heard about her a couple of days ago thanks to eaglelord9814's post, so I don't know about her true personality, and I didn't perform a criminal background check on her to know whether she is good or evil, but what I've seen so far about her fight against racism, sexism and sexual objetification, misogyny, homophobia and discrimination in general really gave me a positive first impression about her.
As an ethics professor, I would need to know more about her and her movement before recommending anything she does to my students though.

Warmsignal

I've never been able to grasp what the deal is with all the hate for Sarkeesian. She's a media critic essentially, and with a particular political slant, sure. While I think most critics are full of crap, and I'll form my own opinions on art/media - nothing she's ever said has offended my sensibilities in particular. She's always made fairly obvious observations about video game narratives/cliches, which is somehow quite triggering to a lot of people.

It's not like she's some kind of authority on video game content, or a regulatory council. People can still develop games however they choose to, and she can continue to critique them. Everyone is still free to play, or not play whatever and for any reason. I don't see what the fuss is about? Don't like it? You don't have to. Let someone else enjoy it. Not every game is necessarily targeted at all audiences, that's always been the case, and this is more or less what she's often pointed out.

I've never been able to grasp what the deal is with all the hate for Sarkeesian. She's a media critic essentially, and with a particular political slant, sure. While I think most critics are full of crap, and I'll form my own opinions on art/media - nothing she's ever said has offended my sensibilities in particular. She's always made fairly obvious observations about video game narratives/cliches, which is somehow quite triggering to a lot of people.

It's not like she's some kind of authority on video game content, or a regulatory council. People can still develop games however they choose to, and she can continue to critique them. Everyone is still free to play, or not play whatever and for any reason. I don't see what the fuss is about? Don't like it? You don't have to. Let someone else enjoy it. Not every game is necessarily targeted at all audiences, that's always been the case, and this is more or less what she's often pointed out.

Ohhhhh you don't know she,SJWs/npcs & feminists is having influence on last of us part II if you saw last of us part II leaks yikes,naughty dog & soyny are going after their fans,naughty dog & soyny are abusing copyright systems,Soyny are fucking up+bad prs & Xbox one X series presentation backfires & have a history of bad prs or how about censorships as 2 of many examples dead or alive Xtreme 3 fortune won't get localize you have to import it with English subtitles,Omega Labyrinth is banned on ps4 what you want more I will give 2 more before I will make it way way way too long.

As 2 more examples are dead or alive Xtreme 3 Scarlet is censored on ps4 & Nintendo switch version is uncensored & Omega labyrinth Life is censored on ps4 & Nintendo switch version is uncensored & dare I say more about some of many examples of us otakus,weebs,gamers,final fantasy fan/huge fans & hentai fans always being attacked  or what about devil may cry 5 censorship :).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 01:14:08 am by eaglelord9814 »

ferraroso

I think Warmsignal was on point with his statements.
So far, I'm really enjoying reading her texts and listening to some of her podcasts.

I haven't seen any of the leaks from The Last of Us II, so I can't really say anything with regards to that, but if the game's story is being influenced by feminist ideals as eaglelord9814 seems to be pointing out (I'm not sure if I could really understand what he wanted to say...), I think there's a great possibility I'll enjoy this second installment much more than the first one.
Finally, about Dead or Alive... well, I've always seen this series as being very depreciative (to say the least) towards their female characters, so if pressure from social justice warriors and feminists is making publishers and developers rethink the way they depict women in video games, I find their effort to be admirable.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 10:33:11 am by ferraroso »

Sarkeesian’s base argument is completely sound.  Games could definitely stand to better represent women, in general.  However, a lot of her specific arguments are made I bad faith, mainly because she is not a game scholar.  She wanted to talk gender disparity and chose video games as her platform.  Because of that she has a ton of problems regarding confirmation bias or simply not understanding game mechanics - I don’t recall specifics, but there was one game that she talked about how you could get a higher score through violence, but it wasn’t a game that had “scores” at all.  I just wish that she wasn’t a major figurehead of the movement.