Author Topic: Any of y'all have special edition console variations or used to have one?  (Read 1706 times)

I dont make a whole lot of threads here but that topic with the dude asking if someone could help him get the Taco Bell Xbox One X inspired me as and make this question. Now Im not talking about different models of the same console but rather a console variation that is different from what you get in the base model. For me its one of those things that would be cool to get if you dont already have said console or handheld and maybe even have as a secondary console to use because otherwise they function the same no matter what you get.

I'll start by saying when I bought my first 3DS, it was the red Smash Bros 3DS XL which was nice and glossy but I would up trading it in to Gamestop(judge way) for the New 3DS XL since they had a deal where you get more towards it if you trade in a regular 3DS XL. I have that N3DSXL to this day.

I also have the OG Xbox Halo Edition sans the Halo controller. Someone on Craigslist was selling for a very reasonable price with some games and a couple of strategy guides so made the deal much more sweeter. I'm still on the lookout for the Halo controller just to have it all and since I dont want to tamper with this one like I did my first one with homebrew, I have kept that as is while having the other one with CoinOps because no chance am I ever going through that process again.

Lastly, I bought the Nintendo DS Lite Zelda Edition which like golden with the triforce on the front. It even came with an R4 which was nice. I was looking for the DS Lite which I found but when I saw this I had to get it and its now my default DS.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

The pokemon X/Y 3DS xl is the only special edition I own. The only other one I tried buying was the Majora's Mask "new" 3DS xl, but I was one of the one's whose pre-order was cancelled due to not enough stock to satisfy the demand if anyone remembers that whole shitshow.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

1.two original Halo xbox
2.Gears and Call of duty xbox 360
3.Animal Crossing Switch
4.Sponge Bob,retro nes and Pikachu gba sp
5.Mairo kart ds
6.Pokémon Black and Pokémon White ds light
7.Super Mario Dsi Xl
8.Super Mario Bros 2,Blue SSB,Red SSB,Retro ed,Dream Team,Persona Q, yellow Pikachu,green yoshi,Link Between worlds ed,red Pokémon X and Y and Japanese Pokémon 3ds Xl
9.Luigi's mansion, Animal Crossing happy home designer and Legend of Zelda ds
10. all North American n64 special ed consoles
11.Mario Kart Wii Mini and Skylanders Wii
12.Majora's Mask,Hyrule,Metroid Samus,Fire Emblem,super nintendo ed,Galaxy and Monster Hunter blue "New" 3ds
13.Zelda and Disney 2ds
14.Ps3 Test system,red God of War ps3
15.gba micro special ed
16.Atari 2600 black(vader)
17.Sega sport Dreamcast (black)

Had to check my gallery picks this is mostly off the top of my head I sure I forgot some.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 10:20:02 pm by wartoy »

14.Ps3 Test system

What is this? Never heard of it.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

It is a ps3 system that was given to developers to help design games it can play ps1,ps2,ps3 games from all regions.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

It is a ps3 system that was given to developers to help design games it can play ps1,ps2,ps3 games from all regions.
It looks the same as the original fat system But it says ps3 test across the top

The only one I have is the Circuit City GBA SP with the Metroid Zero Mission pack in.

Both my 360s are special editions, one Halo 3 one and the other the Halo Reach one. I've also got the Pikachu edition 3DS XL.

never had probably never will.
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

soera

1) Pokemon XD Gamecube, it's just a silver gamecube where the black center doesn't have the nintendo gamecube logo but rather some imagery from Pokemon XD
2) Clear Green Halo Xbox.  Got this for free, but it was sorta busted, but I fixed it.  My wife bought it on ebay as a gift for me, guy shipped it console only in a box way too big, with no bubble wrap or anything, and didn't tape up the box, how it arrived at all let alone in one piece baffles me.
3) Halo Reach 360 Slim, this one I don't have anymore, it lasted a couple of years and then got the E85 error or something, so I exchanged it for...
4) Gears of War 3 360 Slim, still have this one, makes gears related noises for turning on, off, and opening/closing the disc tray.
5) Zelda Wii U, I had bought a launch black Wii U and then they announced the Zelda Wii U, bought that day one, kept the Gamepad and box and sold the system and my OG gamepad to a friend.  So I guess technically now it's a mismatch system, but I'm never getting rid of it, so whatever.
6) 20th Anniversary PS4, What a crazy day, fought so hard to get one with their site crashing constantly, my wife and I each got an order in at pretty much the same time, and when mine went through, it went through as 2 separate orders so we wound up with 3 of them.  Sold 2 and kept 1.
7) God of War PS4 Pro.  I'm a fan of Norse mythology, so when this system got announced, I knew I wanted it and it would be an acceptable substitute for the 500 million PS4 Pro that I never managed to get (  :( ).  Silver/Grey/Gold system with a silver controller.  Got this in the mail a couple of weeks after my son was born, didn't really get to play it for quite some time and didn't even get to play God of War until almost my kid's 1st birthday.
8) NES style GBA SP
9) Famicom style GBA Micro
10) Zelda DS, we actually bought this from some website, pretty sure it was a mildly shady website, so I'm not confident that this is authentic, but we did buy it like 10 years ago.
11) Black Zelda 3DS
12) Gold Zelda 3DS XL
13) White Mario New 3DS
14) Gold Zelda New 3DS XL

tripredacus

Nothing currently, but I used to have the Play It Loud green Game Boy that came in the clear plastic box.

Flashback2012

Here's a few variant console/portables I DON'T have that I wish I did...

PlayStation Net Yaroze - I've been jonesing for one of these things since I first saw them. The black/charcoal color of the system plus the prospect of being able to program my own games (even though I knew jack-squat about programming), what's not to like?!  ;)

PC Engine LT - Something I've had a few chances to get a hold of for a decent price but being terrible with money in my youth, I never got around to getting one.

PC Engine SuperGrafx - I actually HAD one of these CIB with all of the games except Darius. For whatever reason I sold it all to a friend of mine and there's less than zero chance he'll sell it back to me. He also has my PC-FX and I wanna say my Neo CD (I upgraded to a CDZ).  :P

Star Wars Xbox 360 - I like Star Wars but was never super geeky about it though I absolutely loved the look of this console. I didn't have a XB360 at the time this came out but I was still leery about owning one so this one came and went and then shot up in price afterward.

As for console variants/Special Editions, here's some I DO have...

Gold PS4 from Taco Bell? (CIB) - I bought it off a friend who needed the money and didn't want this going to GameStop.
Hitachi V-Saturn - Got this from NCS back in the day. Was excited for the pack-in DV Card but it was also modded so I could play US games on it as well.
Watermelon N64 CIB - I have zero memory on how I acquired this unit.  :o
LOZ: Wind Waker HD Nintendo WiiU - I'm a straight up sucker for Zelda themed consoles and this came out at the perfect time as I was in the market for a WiiU.
Black Wii Mario Kart Bundle - I knew at some point Nintendo would make a Wii in Black and when they did I jumped on this.
Mario Bros. 25th Anniv. Red Wii - Already had the black one and didn't really need a 2nd Wii but I really wanted it so I snagged one.  ;)
SegaSports Black Dreamcast - I always had a preference for black colored systems and traded my launch DC to get one of these (acquired a 2nd one from the little bro of a gal I dated).

Some of the special edition portables I have include the Nintendogs DS, LOZ DS, LOZ DSi XL, LOZ 2DS, Mario Maker 2DS, Pokemon White (?) DSi, Classic NES GBA SP, Game Boy Pocket Light and a Blue Game Gear. I know I'm forgetting a bunch of others.  :P

-Halo original XBOX
-Pikachu N64
-Pokemon X/Y 3DS (Red)
-Pikachu 3DS

Overall I'm not a huge console variant or special edition guy. I'd like to have a 25th Anniversary PS4 and  Mountain Dew OG XBOX, but I'm not going to lose any sleep if I never do.