Author Topic: Retro Game Price Inflation  (Read 10078 times)

zing

Re: Retro Game Price Inflation
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2012, 10:51:34 pm »
It's obviously a bubble over the past year or so. Prices are 2-4 times what they were early last year. I don't know what caused the sudden sharp increase in market value, but it has reached the point where it is harming my gaming. I only buy what I want to play. I don't buy to speculate, to hoard, or just to have a game sit on my shelf. I just want to enjoy the games on my CRT TV with the original hardware.

I hate to think how many copies of Harvest Moon SNES are just sitting around in closets or on shelves, unplayed, while I am trying to find a copy on Ebay for a price that doesn't equal four other good games.

Re: Retro Game Price Inflation
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2012, 12:58:45 am »
I hate to think how many copies of Harvest Moon SNES are just sitting around in closets or on shelves, unplayed, while I am trying to find a copy on Ebay for a price that doesn't equal four other good games.

That's the reason I recently sold my PAL copies of Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shining Force 3 - I looked at them and I realised that much as I love them I hadn't played them in over a decade, so I put them up on eBay and within 24 hours they were on their way to people who were going to actually use them - felt great (and I still have my Japanese versions to play ^^~)!