Author Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus | Disc 1 VS Disc 2  (Read 3480 times)

I recently received a few GC games from my fiance's family and have been going through them to see what all is there and complete. One of the games I got was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus, which was unfortunately missing the first disc. I've tried looking up what the difference in content between the discs was but I can't seem to find an answer.

Does anyone know what is on disc 1 of the game VS disc 2?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus | Disc 1 VS Disc 2
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 12:02:28 pm »
Shot in the dark here the first ½ to ⅔ of the game

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 12:12:50 pm »
Pretty sure one of the two discs has the classic arcade game on it.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 04:08:08 pm »

Dang it. Now I have to find this game.
I’m pretty sure I’ve had it before and sold it thinking it was a trash game.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 07:06:05 pm »
Small update.

I cleaned up the disc and tried to run it. It got to main screen and then allowed me to "start" a new game. I say "start" since hitting New Game only allows me to see the level select screen. If I try and pick a level it tells me to insert disc 1. redblaze57 was correct. I'd like to know how much of the game is split up between the two discs though... Hopefully, I can find disc 1 online somewhere for a good price.

mrkonasoni

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 03:41:26 am »
For example the game in PS2 has a size of 1.8 GB, while the game fits correctly in a DVD-5 for the console, that's not the case in GCN due the 1.35GB limit of the mini dvd.

So the game was split into two mini dvds, so pretty much what you have in that second disc is the second half of the game.

I think both discs has the original arcade game but with a change of music because of the copyright, but I am not sure if you can play the second disc without starting a new run in the first disc.

Game is good, it's like Turtles in Time mixed with the third game for GB but in 3D.

Edit: I sent this before I watched the last message.

First disc is like 600MB and the second one about the same.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 04:42:40 pm »

Dang it. Now I have to find this game.
I’m pretty sure I’ve had it before and sold it thinking it was a trash game.

It's pretty rough emulation though. I have the Xbox version. All the music is taken out and there is just a single generic tune that plays through the whole thing. You can't select your turtle either, it's bound to the controller port like the arcade game (i.e. P1 is always Leonardo, etc...). If I remember correctly you have to unlock it too, so it may not be worth it. Still pretty neat though. It's the only reason I bought this game.