Author Topic: Would You Consider (Blinx) An Xbox Mascot? Opinions Discussion  (Read 1811 times)

I never even heard of the video game called Blinx until today. and the reason why I asking this question is because I would like to know more about this. Since

I was just looking through the Original Xbox database on this site. And I came across a fury game character called Blinx a cat like creature and according to this. This character is inside a couple of games made by Microsoft Game Studios. And to top things off Blinx apparently stars inside a platformer game just like the rest of the mascots for other companies

https://vgcollect.com/item/697
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Would You Consider (Blinx) An Xbox Mascot? Opinions Discussion
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 12:34:27 pm »
I doubt anyone remembers Blinx, hell probably not even Microsoft at this point. The closest the XBOX has to a mascot is Master Chief, who seems more appropriate for the XBOX brand than a fury video game character.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 03:08:45 pm »
Fully agreed on Halo's Master Chief being Xbox's Mascot & representing the consoles style.
Both Blinx games are backward Compatible on the Xbox 360 - I think only the 1st game is on Xbox One though. So the series is still accessible.. it's why I got them :P

sworddude

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 03:18:31 pm »
From what I've read online apparently there where plans to make blinx microsoft's mascot for the kids department so like mario crash bandicoot etc.

so master chief for the adults and blinx for the kids

Microsoft almost did so but it never went through only master chief.

Considering that sure I'd consider blinx a microsoft mascot than

If not for that maybe voodoo vince since that game was actually pretty interesting.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 03:20:07 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 03:36:18 pm »
It was an attempt at a mascot. I believe they dropped the trademark a few years ago.

I remember Blinx because he frequently popped up while watching Nick GaS: https://youtu.be/VRb1OOuoTTg

dreama1

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 02:08:38 am »
I think what everyone can be on agreement with this, that it was a failed mascot.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 03:26:03 am by dreama1 »

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 02:49:50 am »
Definitely.  When I think of Microsoft or Xbox, I immediately think of Blinx.  Can't wait for the new installment on the Series X!

Warmsignal

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2020, 11:25:47 am »
The Blinx games aren't bad, so I'm not sure why it failed other than being a bit too little, too late. The era of platform games was starting to fade out at that point, in large thanks to games like Halo.

I think that basically every anthropomorphic character is considered a mascot of their respective company nowadays, so why not? I would assume Microsoft intended for him to be bigger than he was, seeing how there was a sequel despite the first game not being a blockbuster hit by any means (at least I don't think it was).

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2020, 01:15:56 pm »
Microsoft definitely wanted him to be a mascot, but the games didn't perform well enough to push him. Everyone played Sonic and Mario, so they both were fitting mascots for the companies, unfortunately for Microsoft, that didn't happen with Blinx.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 12:43:20 am »
I thought Master Chief was Xbox’s mascot.  :o

sworddude

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 05:36:02 am »
The Blinx games aren't bad, so I'm not sure why it failed other than being a bit too little, too late. The era of platform games was starting to fade out at that point, in large thanks to games like Halo.

I haven't seen many people say that the blinx games are good, even OG xbox fans usually talking about other games pretty much never blinx and those games are fairly common so rarity can't be an excuse.

I think it's just a mediocre platformer,

Check all other platformers, mario, sonic, crash bandicoot all of those where some of the best games or at least very excellent games on the system period. I'm not to sure if you could say the same thing for blinx.

That's probably where it failed. it isn't good enough for a main mascot game reason why they never went through with it if I had to guess.

The term budget mascot would definitely apply in the case of blinx if the games actually where the main mascot games for xbox or at the very least in the kids department, since even it did happen, master chief would still be the mascot for the more mature audience of xbox.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 08:27:35 am by sworddude »

Warmsignal

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2020, 11:25:05 pm »

I haven't seen many people say that the blinx games are good, even OG xbox fans usually talking about other games pretty much never blinx and those games are fairly common so rarity can't be an excuse.

I have. --> https://youtu.be/-5Lebd-Co6A?t=497

Check all other platformers, mario, sonic, crash bandicoot all of those where some of the best games or at least very excellent games on the system period. I'm not to sure if you could say the same thing for blinx.

Check them? Does it hurt to give something else a try? Don't you ever get sick of hearing about that same plumber, blue hedgehog and weird little orange furred thing they call a bandicoot? Plenty of good games never get a fraction of the credit, and that was especially true of the original Xbox - a time when Microsoft actually tried to put out exclusive content that everybody mostly ignored because boo Microsoft, and now that they don't anymore boo Microsoft.

Both Sonic and Crash saw the downfall of their series begin with this era. Have you played Sonic Heroes? The game is a bit of a turd, sadly.

sworddude

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 10:25:52 am »

I have. --> https://youtu.be/-5Lebd-Co6A?t=497

Check them? Does it hurt to give something else a try? Don't you ever get sick of hearing about that same plumber, blue hedgehog and weird little orange furred thing they call a bandicoot? Plenty of good games never get a fraction of the credit, and that was especially true of the original Xbox - a time when Microsoft actually tried to put out exclusive content that everybody mostly ignored because boo Microsoft, and now that they don't anymore boo Microsoft.

Both Sonic and Crash saw the downfall of their series begin with this era. Have you played Sonic Heroes? The game is a bit of a turd, sadly.

Actually I have played Sonic heroes it's one of the final good 3d sonic games and imo potentially the best one aside from the adventure series. multiplayer was fun

Sonic boom, sonic 06 shadow the hedgegod than where talking shit, aside from quite some others wich aren't that hot either if where talking sonic in 3d era.

Still it's pretty funny

Voodoo vince already has a remaster yet blinx doesnt seem to have it

to it's credit character design and gameplay are fun in voodoo vince great atmosphere and  funny dialogues aswell probably a bigger fanbase. and it's not a pricy game either but it definitely sold less than blinx wich even got a platinum release.

IMO even if blinx sold better voodoo vince would have been the better mascot. more unique more charm. The character design of blinx is pretty much just a cat with some interesting idea's in terms of gameplay with rewinding time and such.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:41:40 am by sworddude »