Author Topic: Is there a way to see what's being sold?  (Read 1010 times)

Is there a way to see what's being sold?
« on: May 27, 2020, 11:11:13 am »
I've noticed there are some people on this site putting their game up in their "sell list", I'm just wondering if there's a way to see all items that are currently being sold without having to browse through the databases?

Like, there should be a tab that lists all games/systems that are currently on the sell list.

Flashback2012

Re: Is there a way to see what's being sold?
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 07:47:18 am »
I've noticed there are some people on this site putting their game up in their "sell list", I'm just wondering if there's a way to see all items that are currently being sold without having to browse through the databases?

Like, there should be a tab that lists all games/systems that are currently on the sell list.

It would be nice but unfortunately there isn't a way to do it (that I'm aware of anyway). It would be convenient if there was such a page but for now the best you can do is put the item on your wish list and peruse games till you find someone with on their sell list.

Yep! https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/board,6.0.html

Good intentions on your part but not quite what he (and some of us others) are looking for. There are TONS of users on here who don't use/actively avoid the forums yet still list things on their sell lists and it'd be nice to be able to see those titles all on one convenient page instead of looking everything up by title.  ;)

Re: Is there a way to see what's being sold?
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 10:04:08 am »
No, there isn't.  I don't know that there ever will be either, it's just a real "functional" part of the site.  There are a lot of folks who "use" the sell list but don't actually use the forum, so you'd never get a response.  There are people who use the sell list for some other purpose, I know I have in the past used it strictly to track what manuals I'm looking for.  There are people who have used it in the past, but don't keep it updated, so you wind up asking about something sold years ago.  There are also people who keep their collection private, which includes their sell list, and by revealing that info you're violating that privacy setting otherwise you'll just see "someone" is selling it, but not who.

It just isn't functional in its current state.

In general your best bet is deciding that there is something you're actively after, go look at the item on the site and look at the list of folks with it in their sell list and reach out to them.