Author Topic: LRG blocking news sites regarding EU info on Streets of Rage 4  (Read 5710 times)

Re: LRG blocking news sites regarding EU info on Streets of Rage 4
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2020, 08:54:46 pm »
I'm trying to get mine cancelled atm.
Josh said it would be fine to and to send him the number of my refund request and he'd get someone to look at it today.

Unfortunately all i've seen so far as that my ticket has been passed from one person to another, and i don't even know if they work on tickets during the weekend, and the sales seem to be final after sunday has passed when the pre-orders stop.

I'll give updates as things happen, but i'll be honest, it's not looking good  :(
same.  Im expecting them to make an ordeal after the preorder window closes.

telly

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2020, 10:44:16 pm »
Last game I bought from LRG was Spelunky. Haven't really seen any releases that have been worthy buying for me.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2020, 09:14:48 am »
I'm trying to get mine cancelled atm.
Josh said it would be fine to and to send him the number of my refund request and he'd get someone to look at it today.

Unfortunately all i've seen so far as that my ticket has been passed from one person to another, and i don't even know if they work on tickets during the weekend, and the sales seem to be final after sunday has passed when the pre-orders stop.

I'll give updates as things happen, but i'll be honest, it's not looking good  :(
same.  Im expecting them to make an ordeal after the preorder window closes.

Tbh i'm expecting a 'sorry we couldn't fulfill your request in time, but it's too late now since the preorder windows have closed'.
What i don't understand is that other people who made a cancellation request AFTER i did have told me that their cancellations have gone through without a hitch   :-\

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2020, 02:16:21 pm »
Well it's now sunday, and still no one has responded to my ticket that i posted on Friday the second i found out it was possible to cancel the order. I've resorted to sending a private message to Josh on twitter around 3 hours ago and have had no response from anyone, and the preorders close today   :-\

EDIT: I'm starting to get the feeling i'm being completely ignored.
I added an extra message to my ticket on LRG support, i messaged Josh on twitter 6 hrs ago and he's been posting info to other people as of 3 hrs ago.
And i made a post about it to LRG official twitter.
No one has got back to me on it, and the time frame for cancelling it is getting closer and closer.
I honestly don't know what to do anymore. What's the point of telling me i can cancel something when the request is ignored, and if i want information no one is willing to talk to me?   :(
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 05:44:20 pm by ancestralspirit »

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2020, 02:16:37 pm »
Never been a fan of LRG
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 02:18:27 pm by koemo1 »
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2020, 03:40:43 pm »
I’m a fan

They have done a lot to get smaller developers exposure. They’ve done a lot to let us have physical versions of games that would otherwise be digital only. The new preorder system makes it way easier to get the games you want.

LRG is pretty developer friendly. They give those developers the publishing rights back after their run of the game.

I really don’t see what’s not to like.

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2020, 01:53:15 pm »
Fortunatley, my refund went through and so should anyones who put the refund request in before the pre-orders ended. Phew!

I got mine and thank god that's over, though it has made me more wary of bigger titles LRG put out from this point forward  :/

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2020, 02:04:52 pm »
I’m a fan

They have done a lot to get smaller developers exposure. They’ve done a lot to let us have physical versions of games that would otherwise be digital only. The new preorder system makes it way easier to get the games you want.

LRG is pretty developer friendly. They give those developers the publishing rights back after their run of the game.

Physical versions of games we wouldn't otherwise see physically without companies like LRG is a great idea on paper.

Unfortuantely, some of the decisions LRG has made over the past few years have shown that when it comes to customers, a lot of the time it's either them not knowing what people want or simply not caring.

The removal of the hold order system was a big one for people over seas (like myself), since now every game you buy, even if it's a single game costs $15 in shipping every time. Let's say you have to pick up 2 games on the one day, and one sells out in the morning but you put the order in for the other game in the afternoon. They won't combine your morning and afternoon order, i know this after experiencing it myself a couple of times. That means you pay for the two games and two lots of $15 shipping, only to then receive both the games in the same package, again i know this because it's happened to me personally  :/

Then there's the over saturation. The sheer amount of games that LRG put out in a year, exceeds EVERY publisher of games on the planet. Remember when there were loads of LRG full setters? I wonder how many of them there are now, given that CE's can cost anywhere between $50-$150+ now, and almost every single week there's at least 1 new game.

Let's not forget odd decisions like Lawbreakers, an entirely online based game printed on disc? Only to have certain people receive their games AFTER the servers went down, and ended up with a very pretty coaster.
Then games like Aaero having a price increase and only mentioning why AFTER the game went on sale.

They may be good for developers, but not so much for customers honestly.
Though i will admit, i do think they're doing a little better with the pre-orders lasting 4 weeks or more now.
Far more savvy business decision, and way better for the customers planning to make a larger order.

sworddude

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2020, 08:06:21 pm »
I’m a fan

Physical versions of games we wouldn't otherwise see physically without companies like LRG is a great idea on paper.

Unfortuantely, some of the decisions LRG has made over the past few years have shown that when it comes to customers, a lot of the time it's either them not knowing what people want or simply not caring.

The removal of the hold order system was a big one for people over seas (like myself), since now every game you buy, even if it's a single game costs $15 in shipping every time. Let's say you have to pick up 2 games on the one day, and one sells out in the morning but you put the order in for the other game in the afternoon. They won't combine your morning and afternoon order, i know this after experiencing it myself a couple of times. That means you pay for the two games and two lots of $15 shipping, only to then receive both the games in the same package, again i know this because it's happened to me personally  :/

Then there's the over saturation. The sheer amount of games that LRG put out in a year, exceeds EVERY publisher of games on the planet. Remember when there were loads of LRG full setters? I wonder how many of them there are now, given that CE's can cost anywhere between $50-$150+ now, and almost every single week there's at least 1 new game.

Let's not forget odd decisions like Lawbreakers, an entirely online based game printed on disc? Only to have certain people receive their games AFTER the servers went down, and ended up with a very pretty coaster.
Then games like Aaero having a price increase and only mentioning why AFTER the game went on sale.

They may be good for developers, but not so much for customers honestly.
Though i will admit, i do think they're doing a little better with the pre-orders lasting 4 weeks or more now.
Far more savvy business decision, and way better for the customers planning to make a larger order.

The sheer amount of games that they release might be a blessing though, if people remembered the early lrg days, them games where scalped like crazy. nowadays way less of that and more people that just buy the games when they actually want them.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

telly

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2020, 10:11:25 pm »
The move to open preorder for a lot of their titles was also a big help imo.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

mrkonasoni

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2020, 03:39:37 pm »
I cant stop thinking that other reason because they didnt tried to bring their forum back is for avoid future controversial subjects like this one lol
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2020, 07:11:48 pm »
I cant stop thinking that other reason because they didnt tried to bring their forum back is for avoid future controversial subjects like this one lol

More than likely, which is unfortunate imo.
Would have been nice to have some warning it was shutting down though, rather than trying to visit and being met with a wall of txt that basically says 'nothin to see here bro'.

@sworddude
That is true, plus the more LRG release it seems the less interested i am in a lot of their later titles. I had noticed quite a few of their games don't quite fetch the price they do on the after market these days, so you may have a point there.

@telly
This has been a god send! Don't get me wrong, the P&P has gone up again which has ticked me off a little, but the fact that i can hold off on purchases for 4 weeks or more, has defo helped me on the P&P front and being able to manage my money a lot better. Defo grateful for the open pre-order system that seems to be attached to most of their games now  :)