Author Topic: My SNES collection - June 2020  (Read 2499 times)

My SNES collection - June 2020
« on: June 10, 2020, 01:31:14 pm »
https://imgur.com/a/VHKpz7P

Thought I'd share a pic of my SNES collection before boxing it up for my move. A humble mix of original complete in box, custom game cases, and loose cartridges. I will admit, the Super Mario World box is not original. It was purchased from DangerousGames on etsy about 2 years ago.

Latest pickup: Original Mega Man X box!

Hope everyone is having a good and safe kickoff to summer so far.

Cheers!  8)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 01:34:36 pm by ericsnes »

Re: My SNES collection - June 2020
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 01:59:28 pm »
You've got some great titles there. Goof Troop is actually an amazing puzzle game.

Only about half my collection is CiB, I'm going the same route with my loose carts though and gradually getting them custom cases. I've got a whole stack in cases that are just waiting for me to getting around to printing off the art.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 05:30:15 pm »
Very nice! Good luck with your move and hope you're having a good summer also and stay safe.

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 06:42:36 pm »
You've got some great titles there. Goof Troop is actually an amazing puzzle game.

Only about half my collection is CiB, I'm going the same route with my loose carts though and gradually getting them custom cases. I've got a whole stack in cases that are just waiting for me to getting around to printing off the art.

Thanks man! You probably saw one of my older posts here where I was indecisive about what route to continue taking with my collection. And like you said, I’ve decided that for the rest of the loose carts / other games I want to pick up, I will just get the custom cases for them. Im happy with the original boxes I have now, and it just hurts the wallet too much.

I will say though, that I plan on picking up Dr. Mario & Super Mario All Stars. For those, I want the original boxes. You can notmally find decent prices for those two games CIB.

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 07:48:52 pm »

Thanks man! You probably saw one of my older posts here where I was indecisive about what route to continue taking with my collection. And like you said, I’ve decided that for the rest of the loose carts / other games I want to pick up, I will just get the custom cases for them. Im happy with the original boxes I have now, and it just hurts the wallet too much.

I will say though, that I plan on picking up Dr. Mario & Super Mario All Stars. For those, I want the original boxes. You can notmally find decent prices for those two games CIB.

Yeah, I pick up CiB when I can, but if it's going to break the bank to do so, I'd rather go for the loose cart instead and save the money for more games. I'm a long way off right now, but I'd like to have a complete NA SNES collection someday. It would be ridiculously expensive to get everything in original packaging.

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 01:19:29 pm »
Great collection! As a kid who grew up in the 6th gen gaming, I'd love to have owned some CIB SNES games if they weren't so darn expensive. Guess i'll just have to be content with my SNES classic for now!

A great summer to you as well.