Author Topic: An easy way to add a lot of games  (Read 861 times)

An easy way to add a lot of games
« on: June 14, 2020, 10:49:44 am »
With recently release of Itch.io's Bundle for Racial Equality and Justice (https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,10896.0.html), some of us suddenly acquired a lot of new games. And I noticed that many of them doesn't exists in VGCollect database. So I would like to know if is it possible to massively add this new entries to VGCollect database and to our collections, instead of item by item? I'm offering to help with it, if you want/need. I can generate a complete list of games on that bundle and work with matching and filtering the games, using shell scripts.

telly

Re: An easy way to add a lot of games
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 05:12:34 pm »
The problem is that some of the products in the bundle are assets or development platforms that aren't strictly games, per say.

I'm going to be adding games from the bundle as I add them to my collection to play them.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

dhaabi

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 12:46:22 pm »
Unfortunately, I think those who are wanting to add new games in bulk will simply have to add entries individually, one-at-a-time.

On that note, I did take the time just now to add the entire first page of items (of 57 total pages...) to VGC with as much information as I could.

pzeke

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 03:43:17 pm »
There are no shortcuts like that around here, so it has to be done one at a time. Best strategy to submitting such a volume of entries is to, essentially, divide and conquer.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!