Author Topic: Instructions On How To Post Images To Forum  (Read 4085 times)

Instructions On How To Post Images To Forum
« on: June 14, 2020, 09:01:16 pm »
NOTE THIS IS INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO DO THIS ON A PC OR LAPTOP, BUT NOT A MOBILE DEVICE IF YOU KNOW HOW  TO DO THIS ON A MOBILE DEVICE PLEASE POST BELOW TO HELP US OUT

1: Log into VGCOLLECT
2: Open Up 2 Tabs or Browser Windows.
3: Write A Post in one and use the other windows for browsing the Internet Or Site Database
4: Click Home Button On This Site
5: Browse For A Game In the database or internet
6 Right Click Your Mouse (While Pointing On the Image) If Using A PC Or Laptop
7: Click on (Copy Image Address)
8: Click On Your Posting Tab (the Tab your using to post on)
9 Right click on the post window and click Paste
10: Hightlight the text link (click and drag mouse over link)
11: Click on the button UNDER the I on the top of the forum post
12: Your done

LINK LOOKS LIKE THIS, CLICK ICON UNDER  THE I

https://vgcollect.com/images/front-box-art/6118.jpg

« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 01:37:01 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Instructions On How To Post Images To Forum
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 10:52:09 pm »

I followed your instructions, I hope this works!

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 12:52:59 am »

I followed your instructions, I hope this works!

https://vgcollect.com/images/front-box-art/52816.jpg

your link needs work

Code: [Select]
[img]http://[i]https://vgcollect.com/images/front-box-art/52816.jpg[/i][/img]
need remove the first http://

remember to highlight the whole link and you need to remove the
[I]and[/I] from the link

[img]https://vgcollect.com/images/front-box-art/52816.jpg[/img]
Everyone needs the code to be just right in computers I took a manual web design class in high school. and every code need to be just right in computers.

the code in the 3rd link is how it should look, and take note not to use images on the internet with a long link code. (also make sure all you guys have images  with short URL/text in them,)

I got your link from your quote, just so you know.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 05:59:29 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 02:38:52 am »

Neat! Very handy to know as I have found that very difficult to do on this site - & I don't always want to sign into a photobank site like imgur.

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 06:24:58 am »
"Chopper Command on the Atari 2600 game image"

erased image

Also note when taking an image from a different website, sometimes you need to left click on the image normally, to open another link, then right click on that same image, than "Copy Image Address" otherwise you will see a bunch of gibberish and you don't want that. So only post an image that does not have a bunch of gibberish, because otherwise it might not display correctly inside your post on this forum.

all images need to have
[img] and [/img] on the end of them

here is another example for the image I just now posted
[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e0/Chopper_command.png/220px-Chopper_command.png[/img]

however I do not know how to resize an image taken off another site I didn't put online myself

also note occasionally there are copyright issues with artwork in some places online, therefore in class I was taught to not post certain photos on the internet, found on certain art sites I guess mainly artwork, that artist have to right to distribute legally.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 12:53:35 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

pzeke

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 03:46:22 pm »
Okay, let's see if it works...

EDIT: Hot damn! Would you look at that? It does.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 06:32:40 pm »
Okay, let's see if it works...

EDIT: Hot damn! Would you look at that? It does.

It's my internet so kiss off

NO APPS NEEDED

pzeke

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 10:14:00 pm »

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 08:28:15 am »
That's nice info- now, can anyone explain to me why none of the buttons for formatting, hyperlinks, & emojis actually work in my browser? They've never functioned in the entire time I've visited this site. Always assumed it was just a browser thing, but it is annoying being limited to BBcode I memorized back in high school & can type out manually that the site recognizes.

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2020, 12:19:10 pm »
That's nice info- now, can anyone explain to me why none of the buttons for formatting, hyperlinks, & emojis actually work in my browser? They've never functioned in the entire time I've visited this site. Always assumed it was just a browser thing, but it is annoying being limited to BBcode I memorized back in high school & can type out manually that the site recognizes.

could be just a bug in your browser did you try a different browser? try double clicking on the emoji face and see if you can see the coding come into the post, if it don't than you may or may not have to delete your browser history or cache, but be warned if you clear all of your browsing history cache it may make all your other web site saved logins log you off . requiring you to re-enter all your online accounts manually

NO APPS NEEDED

pzeke

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2020, 07:46:16 pm »
[...] & I don't always want to sign into a photobank site like imgur.

It may be a hassle, but I would recommend doing so since you would otherwise be stealing someone's bandwidth if you hotlink any image off another website - you don't even need to have an account to use imgur.

Works for me. What browser are you using?

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2020, 09:08:22 pm »
I'll be honest I didn't think that linking images was bad for the host, until I did some research on it, there should be another way to do this, now I  think I know why images go offline and are deleted on photo hosting websites.

But if that was the case still with today's technology wouldn't the entire internet infrastructure be unresponsive today? with all that piggybacking? and I was taught in school that Google is one giant database. A site like Wikipedia should not impact the Wikipedia host because it is already in the google database right?

(edit) however I know already that copyright infringement is a thing when using someone else's image on the internet. but that is only some images, my relative is an artist and won't put her artwork online for that reason alone she does not want people stealing or taking credit for her work :-\
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 09:17:16 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2020, 12:24:12 am »
and I was taught in school that Google is one giant database. A site like Wikipedia should not impact the Wikipedia host because it is already in the google database right?

Google is an index, not a database. Every site it links to for search results is its own site with its own bandwidth costs. Anything you view hosted on Wikipedia (regardless if it's a whole page or just an image) costs Wikipedia money, not google.

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2020, 12:57:21 am »
and I was taught in school that Google is one giant database. A site like Wikipedia should not impact the Wikipedia host because it is already in the google database right?

Google is an index, not a database. Every site it links to for search results is its own site with its own bandwidth costs. Anything you view hosted on Wikipedia (regardless if it's a whole page or just an image) costs Wikipedia money, not google.

that photo should be off vgcollect now, unless it's still linked somehow

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2020, 12:00:45 am »
Works for me. What browser are you using?

I typically use Windows Edge. The emojis at least will work in Chrome... when I can get Chrome to work (it's unbearably slow on my system for some reason). Plus, I'm not crazy about what Google does with my data (not that Microsoft is inherently better, just that it's less obvious at least.)