Author Topic: Crash Bandicoot 4 Revealed - YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT!  (Read 1991 times)

Crash Bandicoot 4 Revealed - YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT!
« on: June 19, 2020, 02:27:04 am »
Seen this morning that a new Crash Bandicoot game has been leaked:

& it's called Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

Bold move, I LOVE IT! While Crash Twinsannity is my favorite Crash game sadly it didn't catch on and for a continuation this is the best way forward. Being Crash 4 it means that All Twinsannitys lore will go to waste which is a shame... The Crash Titans/Mutants games were a reboot anyway so they can be ignored (Which after my recent attempt in playing Titans I'll happily do)

Crash is relaxing and exploring his island in his time, 1998, when he finds a mysterious mask hidden away in a cave, Lani-Loli. The mask is one of the Quantum Masks and apparently knows Aku-Aku, Crash’s mask friend! With the Quantum Masks returning and a Quantum Rift appearing near our heroes, they decide to bravely head through to different times and dimensions to stop whoever is responsible.
Seems to have a very similar take that the new Ratchet game is having... a little too similar. I hope it can keep up with the competition. I also Hope that Spyro will follow a similar bold move after that remaster too.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/06/crash-bandicoot-4-its-about-time-rated-for-ps4-xbox-one-in-taiwan

Re: Crash Bandicoot 4 Revealed - YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 03:31:10 am »
Well Crash has always had a very different style from Ratchet and Clank, where Ratchet is more about guns and action and Crash is more about the platforming. With the numbering on it, I assume it's going to be more like the older games than what the series became later on when they redesigned Crash in like the mid-2000's, which is good.

sonicfan53

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 04:38:29 am »
AW YEAH, CRASH 4!

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 05:57:45 pm »
Not really a reveal yet just a leak. I think the reveal is on the 22nd.

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 08:27:03 pm »
Definitely super excited for this! May go back and platinum the trilogy. I know that we don't have a date yet but I wonder what the chances of this coming out on next gen consoles are?

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2020, 08:42:54 pm »
Definitely super excited for this! May go back and platinum the trilogy. I know that we don't have a date yet but I wonder what the chances of this coming out on next gen consoles are?

Games like this will probably just see performance and visual updates through a patch on the next gen systems, like Cyberpunk 2077 is doing for their game.  Since the consoles are backwards compatible to this gen, there's no real need for a separate re-release.

aliensstudios

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2020, 10:39:24 pm »
Awesome! I better finish the original trilogy soon  :o
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 11:06:44 am »
I've played Crash a little, but it's a series that has been mostly neglected by me my whole life in favor of Mario or Sonic. I have the N'Sane Trilogy and played it for a bit when I bought it, but really need to dive into it more.

On another note, hopefully this will be a launch title on the PS5. One thing that I was left very disappointed by from the PS5 reveal is the lack of any concrete launch titles. Sure, they showed off some really awesome stuff, but I doubt Gran Turismo 7 or Horizon 2 are going to be launch games. Hell, I'd almost be surprised if either of these games are released within the first two years of the PS5 being out.

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2020, 04:19:30 pm »
I've played Crash a little, but it's a series that has been mostly neglected by me my whole life in favor of Mario or Sonic. I have the N'Sane Trilogy and played it for a bit when I bought it, but really need to dive into it more.

On another note, hopefully this will be a launch title on the PS5. One thing that I was left very disappointed by from the PS5 reveal is the lack of any concrete launch titles. Sure, they showed off some really awesome stuff, but I doubt Gran Turismo 7 or Horizon 2 are going to be launch games. Hell, I'd almost be surprised if either of these games are released within the first two years of the PS5 being out.

Horizon 2 is confirmed for 2021 and we are getting the new Spider-Man game this year so I think that's a notable launch game even if it's not going to be a 100% all new experience from the original Spider-Man game.  Also you can remember that PS4 games will play on PS5, so if you want it to be a launch game for the PS5, you can treat it as one lol

Also the date was seemingly leaked yesterday with trailer images of the upcoming trailer for Crash, but it is rumored to be October 9, which will put it out around the time of the new consoles as those are probably releasing in either October or November.  June 22nd is expected to be the date that the new Crash game is officially revealed.

Here's some digital pre-order skins for the game which is very clear they are trying to connect this back to the old games more by being so 90's lol

« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 04:24:29 pm by kamikazekeeg »

hexen

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 07:22:26 am »
I like the idea, but I am not really sold on it having the balance and charm of the original trilogy. Heck, Crash 2 was the zenith of the series and even Crash 3 suffered a significant drop-off in my opinion (WAY too many vehicle levels). That is to say nothing about the blandness of the large majority of the following Crash games. I'm not optimistic, but hey, if it's good that's a nice surprise.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2020, 12:22:01 pm »
And here's the full reveal.  Definitely meant to be in line with the first three games, even joking about them only having fought Cortex 3 times.  Seems like fun, I'll probably pick it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOGwx3Ju6QQ

mrkonasoni

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2020, 06:58:11 am »
I was hoping they could rescued the original concepts for the original plans of the 4 game from 2001.

But I am liking the game, I also hope since Cortex is playable with his main gimmick the ray gun the developers built the level design based in the gimmick.

I want to buy it day one, I hope it is 40$ or 50$.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.