Author Topic: Could There Be A Way To Add An Item Count Number Instead Of New Games?  (Read 1605 times)

I just thought of a way people might be able to make there item or game count more accurate without adding a new entry to the database like with gaming compilations, Since A game compilation is one product it would clog the database and it's against the rules to add arcade ports inside compilations.

Maybe there could be a way to add a custom number or add a number. To make those who count there games. Like with games that are not in the database.

But I am unsure if that is necessary (for most), I already have written a game count in my notes of most of my compilation devices, But it would be kinda cool to add a number count.

I have a handheld arcade cabinet without any games in the database, with the option I could add for example 200 items to be count or remove 200 items from my collection with some kind of button, it's just a thought. But I'll accept no if it cannot be done.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 11:49:19 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Technically, this site is a database for products not titles, so the only way to facilitate your request would likely be a new trackable attribute, that no one would want to manage.

telly

I would suggest just using Backloggery as you can make your own games for whatever category you desire.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

pzeke

I would suggest just using Backloggery as you can make your own games for whatever category you desire.

This.

When you add titles to your Backloggery, you'll have an option to expand them if they happen to be a collection. Check example below...

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

Technically, this site is a database for products not titles, so the only way to facilitate your request would likely be a new trackable attribute, that no one would want to manage.

I was thinking on the lines of getting an option to add some item numbers to my collection for personal usage or a bigger place to store notes, I could just add things on a calculator too though or use some kind of text program.

I don't see how this would need management if it was just for personal usage, I was thinking about an option to  add 200 items. not to the database but to the item count, and also be given the option to remove the custom item and subtract 200 games if I want and to not break the item tracker. some kind of placeholder.

customize collection, blank item 500 games, add to item count, remove blank item from count 500 games

This.

When you add titles to your Backloggery, you'll have an option to expand them if they happen to be a collection. Check example below...

I would use Backloggery but I just don't want to open another online account, and I am not that desperate since there is a lot of ways of doing this.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 07:50:45 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

tripredacus

so the only way to facilitate your request would likely be a new trackable attribute, that no one would want to manage.

It is not that no one would want to manage it, it is that it would require a large degree of work done to not only how the site behaves but also how the actual data is used. This site is built as a relational database, and the type required for such a function is an object database.

pzeke

At the end of the day, a compilation title is just one title no matter how many games it has, so adding the amount of games it has to a collection's item total is mere fluff. If by any chance having them counted is important, then adding that title to your collection based on the amount of games the compilation has could be an option. Like for example, Taito Legends 2 has somewhere around 30+ games, so add Taito Legends 2 30+ times to your collection. Quite unnecessary if you ask me, but hey, we all rock our boats however we want.

Perhaps entries for compilation titles could have a list of the games included in them for the sake of keeping those entries as informative as possible to any user that sees them. Note that this is actually something that I've pondered about a few times before, so might as well bring it up while it's fresh.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 03:04:10 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

tripredacus

It is something I'd like to see. Especially since I have many PC demo disc or comps in my collection. Even on other websites, it is sometimes hard to find what games are on what, be it demo or otherwise. Recently I tried to find an easy way to find out on what comps Phantasy Star was released on, there wasn't a good way for me to find this out. I eventually had to go to a Phantasy Star wiki to find it out. Being able to do that on one site would be great.