Author Topic: What Outdoor Activities Or Games Are You Into  (Read 3319 times)

What Outdoor Activities Or Games Are You Into
« on: June 24, 2020, 05:02:15 pm »
I'll name only one primary one. since I don't want to write an extremely long post.

Once in a while I play Croquet. it's a fun activity for myself and even better with friends and family in my opinion

(google definition)
Croquet is a sport that involves hitting wooden or plastic balls with a mallet through hoops embedded in a grass playing court.

(me explaining this fun game)
It's a lot like having a custom (easy to setup). mini golf course in your own backyard, only it's has more ways of playing and making use of your yard space or land. without tearing up your lawn.

first off, you place various steel hoop vertical brackets throughout your lawn. Then, you hammer 2 wooden stakes into your grass or dirt. opposite of one another.

than hit the ball and knock it against the starting stake, then you then you try to knock it through each of the vertical hoops, in order. then, once your ball reaches the 2nd stake, You then first try to hit the ball on the 2nd stake Then do the whole course backwards. Until you knock the ball on the first stake again.

Whoever complete the course forwards then backwards first wins the game, I know two options for playing this outdoor game, one way is racing whoever complete the course the fastest wins,

Or the other way, in which is what I prefer. Is taking turns knocking the ball though the vertical  hoops taking turns between players. it's fun and a little expensive a full Croquet set goes for about $50 USD at Walmart currently

Have any of you guys play Croquet? The object is to knock the ball through each hoop successfully. Otherwise you need to try again until you make it through the hoop, than onto the next hoop.

Do any of you have a favorite outdoor game you like to play? or maybe some other activity? I also like walking through trails through the woods at parks as long as I don't get lost in the process.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 10:09:02 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: What Outdoor Activities Or Games Are You Into
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 01:42:41 am »
I used to heavily be into biking about a decade ago. It was easy for me to hop on my bike and go for a 12 to 40 mile bike ride almost daily back when I was in college and only working part time. I loved exploring the trail system near where I was living and found some amazing routes over the years.

Sadly, I graduated college, got a full time job, got into the most committed relationship I've ever been in, moved about 4 times over the last decade, and of course got involved with other hobbies, and so biking faded towards the back of my priority list. I bought a nice bike a couple of years ago and sadly it has not been used nearly enough since. With me working from home full time I'm hoping to maybe jump back on and at least budget at least an hour to go on a 10-15 miles ride like I used to. Unfortunately I'll need to build back up to that point since I'm woefully out of shape compared to my peak fitness in my late teens and early 20s.

doafan

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 10:31:34 am »
None, a full time job, three kids and everyday less time to play any games I can barely can have free time for myself and to do what I do like.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 01:44:31 pm »
Gardening

pzeke

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 03:00:07 pm »
Outdoor activities?

What's that?

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 03:06:11 pm »
The last big outdoor activity I use to do before moving to a place that's too hot most of the time was paintball.  Loved it, it was a lot of fun, though it's funny that I ended up moving to a place that's like 5 minutes away from a proper paintball arena, rather than just playing in some makeshift places in the woods lol  Too hot though even during the winter personally for paintball, but someday I'll get back to it. 

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 02:51:15 am »
Swimming, I grew up in a hot climate and living in one to this day. Swimming is great to cool off and work out without blowing out my crappy joints. Swimming is also just a good skill to have. I wouldn't want to drown.  It's a fairly common life skill where I'm from unlike where I live now.

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 04:46:15 am »
I play icehockey  ;D
Our team has a chance to play for the whole summer so that is what I'm going to do with the guys.

Greets from Finland

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 07:32:08 am »
Is drinking on the deck an outdoor activity?

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 09:31:24 am »
Is drinking on the deck an outdoor activity?

yes lol

I am usually indoors myself for year round. Croquet is a great game for anyone to get into, it's a nice activity for a cool summer day, and after recently mowing the grass. it's even more fun with someone. for $50USD it's worth the money.

I also enjoy swimming as well I used to have a small pool in my backyard but It was a lot of work to maintain.

I never tried paintball but I heard it hurts to get hit,

biking is also cool too

I used to garden when I was younger it's fun too :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 09:37:19 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

ferraroso

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 10:45:29 am »
I've played sports for most of my life: basketball, volleyball, handball and, most of all, baseball.
I still play baseball in the Aichi Prefecture amateur league a couple of weekends per month or so. We haven't had a match since early March due to COVID-19, but since most restrictions were lifted in Japan, we'll finally be able to play again starting from next weekend and I'm really looking forward to it (I even bought myself some new shoes, haha)!

Other than that, I love cruising on my Vulcan 1500. I wouldn't classify it as a physical activity, but it is definitely one of my favorite pastimes.

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 12:37:55 am »
Most of my activities are very indoors, but there's two main things that involve the outdoors: gardening (usually potted plants these days since the yard's kinda set with perennials & there's less weeding), and pokewalks. Maybe street fairs? Don't know if that counts (and it's not like any are happening right now anyway).

Swimming, I grew up in a hot climate and living in one to this day. Swimming is great to cool off and work out without blowing out my crappy joints. Swimming is also just a good skill to have. I wouldn't want to drown.  It's a fairly common life skill where I'm from unlike where I live now.

Fun Fact: I cannot swim. My parents put me in lessons as a kid, but I panicked so badly I was thrown out becuase it was scaring the other kids. Underwater bothers me greatly- to the point that if I go to an aquarium and they have one of those 360 hallways, I go through it really fast becuase being that kind of surrounded by water makes me SUPER uneasy. And my fiancé had to bribe me to go on Splash Mountain becuase I was worried about going under during the drop (yes, I know that was extra paranoid). I actually really like the beach & shells & fish & whatnot- but apparently I'm too aquaphobic to do much but walk along the sand & look. Sometimes if I'm feeling daring I'll go into the water ANKLE DEEP! Shocking, I know!

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 10:27:29 am »
Most of my activities are very indoors, but there's two main things that involve the outdoors: gardening (usually potted plants these days since the yard's kinda set with perennials & there's less weeding), and pokewalks. Maybe street fairs? Don't know if that counts (and it's not like any are happening right now anyway).

Speaking of street fairs some people are having garage sales in my area now, I know it may not be the same but I would definitely call a street fair and going to a garage sale an outdoor activity.

I've played sports for most of my life: basketball, volleyball, handball and, most of all, baseball.
I still play baseball in the Aichi Prefecture amateur league a couple of weekends per month or so. We haven't had a match since early March due to COVID-19, but since most restrictions were lifted in Japan, we'll finally be able to play again starting from next weekend and I'm really looking forward to it (I even bought myself some new shoes, haha)!

Other than that, I love cruising on my Vulcan 1500. I wouldn't classify it as a physical activity, but it is definitely one of my favorite pastimes.

thats a nice motorcycle, I like that the 2nd seat has a back to it for the comfort of another rider :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 12:16:24 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2020, 05:43:03 pm »
I enjoy tons of outdoor activities because my dad is really into hunting and fishing, so he used to take me along when I was young. By far the weirdest that I enjoy is actually lawn-mowing. I know that sounds super weird and most probably wouldn't consider it an activity, but it's relaxing to me. I can just pop on some earbuds and listen to music, get some fresh air and some work done, all while escaping the chaos of everyday life.

I'd love to get into motorcycling, but I'm too nervous. I'd put money into buying a nice motorcycle then rarely ride it out of fear. I do like to help my friends work on theirs though. Yours is beautiful, makes me wish I would buy one.

ferraroso

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2020, 09:19:40 pm »
thats a nice motorcycle, I like that the 2nd seat has a back to it for the comfort of another rider :)

Thanks! I just wish the lady would appreciate riding on the back-seat as much as I'd like her to... Haha

I'd love to get into motorcycling, but I'm too nervous. I'd put money into buying a nice motorcycle then rarely ride it out of fear. I do like to help my friends work on theirs though. Yours is beautiful, makes me wish I would buy one.

Well, if you'd like to get into motorcycling, just go for it! Anyone who can ride a bicycle can handle a motorcycle. You just take a good safety course and learn that the bike's limits are usually beyond those of the rider.