Author Topic: Roughly How Long Do You Think You've Been Posting On Forums?  (Read 2617 times)

I have been blogging posting on the internet on different forums for at least 10 years now. My post were not always readable. And they still are not grammar or spelling perfect.  the 3 longest forums I've been in. is the Amazon Classic Rock forum, Retro Collect forum, and this one VGcollect.

I've heard of an app called Grammarly but I don't use it. it's suppose to automatically tell and correct you (I think?) when you have made a grammar, or a spelling mistake. I constantly edit my posts still because I have a habit of misspelling words. and making run on sentences still. This happens to me too and I'm sure others. and I constantly misspell words, so I right click on the red text and choose the correct spelling for the words.

So how many years or less have some of you all been posting? and Do you use raw writing like me or do you use a grammar app?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 08:56:10 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Roughly How Long Do You Think You've Been Blogging?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 07:59:03 pm »
Posting on forums is not blogging.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 08:15:48 pm »
Yeah this isn't "blogging".  Some people can write to alot to the point that it might be considered blogging, but forums are simply just a general way to chat and interact with other people.

As for just how long I've been on forums...Hard to say for sure, but probably since like 2002/2004'ish, somewhere around there as I was participating in the Star Wars Galaxy forums back in the day.

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 08:55:08 pm »
Posting on forums is not blogging.

sorry my mistake. I just fixed my post and the thread.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

Re: Roughly How Long Do You Think You've Been Posting On Forums?
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 09:42:51 pm »
I discovered the wonders of the internet back around 1998-9. My dad had AOL and I would post in the alt.toys.transformers Usenet group. A couple years later I joined my first message board, one dedicated to pro wrestling entrance music.

I currently have a relatively low profile online. I’m not on Facebook, Twitter, or any of that stuff. I belong to this board, a Transformers board (for 8 years), and another wrestling music board (for 12 years).

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 11:03:10 pm »
I want to say I fully started posting on forums in 2005. Particularly on Gamefaqs for the better part of I want to say almost 10 years before I left cuz that place was turning toxic with fanboyism that I wanted no part of. Aside from that, I was on a forum of ex Gamefaqs users that I was cool with which closed down. I came to VGCollect very early on, closed my account cuz i was getting tired of video games for a bit, got out of that hump and rejoined under this name. I also had a account on NeoGaf for some reason but never used it.

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 12:04:29 am »
About 30 years or so I'd say. I started with Bulletin Board Systems way back in the days of dial up internet connections.

pzeke

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 04:49:23 am »
For far too long now. I've been a member, a mod, and an admin of quite a number of forums. Some are still up and running, some lost their steam (or way), while others bit the dust. You know, the usual.

Even though the platform is practically a dinosaur by now, I like forums. I've met nice folks over the years, so it's been quite an enjoyable ride, to say the least.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 10:26:15 am »
Since 1999 or so I believe. I want to say my first forum was either on EZBoard or perhaps one of the Planet forums.

Not counting BBS like emporerdragon mentions, just basic website based forum. If also counting other forms of "social media" then I go back further with listserv, newsgroups and also BBS as well.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 02:33:33 pm »
Since the late 90s.

Started on comic boards like Hero Realm and Alvaro's Comic Boards. Then added wrestling and video game forums like Wrestling Inc, GameSpot's Retro Board, and here. Before that, even, I was in the AOL chat rooms in the 90s. Man, those were chaos.

Now I'm just on Facebook groups mostly, and you lucky people here have my returned presence.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2020, 03:10:23 pm »
since the myspace forums

jipsy

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2020, 12:39:44 am »
depends on what you count, i posted on the club penguin forums back in like 2011
Jipsy

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2020, 08:47:23 am »
Probably since the late 90s. I used to occupy forums for various bands and anime I liked, as well as use Yahoo messenger to chat with people.

ferraroso

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2020, 10:34:52 am »
Now that you mentioned it, I realized that I've been participating in forums and discussion boards for well over 20 years now. Even in the 90's, when I didn't have a computer at home, I used to sneak my way into my school's computer room and be very active in forums that ranged from politics to animation. Usually with the usernames Tempest or Sr_Madruga.
However, right now I have to say that VGCollect is the only forum I still access (most of the old ones died anyway... haha).

byron

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2020, 11:51:24 am »
I started chiseling posts on Bulletin Boulder Systems 35,000 years ago. I've been on forums ever since.