Author Topic: The Price of PS2 Games Are Exploding  (Read 5389 times)

sworddude

Re: The Price of PS2 Games Are Exploding
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2020, 01:47:30 pm »
I wouldn't say nes and master system are the same as xbox vs ps2 and the cube

master system has quite allot of sought after games wich are very pricy including trash filler title grails. let alone the same kinda genre's unlike xbox wich has a focus on different genre's you got your zelda clones, your rpg's your platformers shootemups. and just allot of good games in general.

Also even though master system grapics are overall better with exceptions, it's soundcard was kinda mediocre. so it's not a win for master system by default, if where talking the multiplatform games on multiple systems, let alone that in them olden days the same game could be totally different per console. This isn't xbox ps2 era with pretty much the exact same product for a multi platform game after all.

The only thing that keeps nes games more pricy is especially cardboard for cib collectors. plastic cases are just far more durable. you could pretty much compare it with snes vs genesis. Master system for the good titles is not a cheap hobby I'd say.  cardboard doesn't last and the difference between cib and lose cart is huge. if it wasn't for cardboard nes would be a hell lot cheaper for cib products.

That the nes is more popular absolutely, but the master system didnt sell that well so prices are pretty high and the supply especially for the good stuff isn't all that great

Still superior Xbox versions being undervalued depends,

Since majority of those superior xbox multi platform games are not the kinda games that people might replay on any of the 3 consoles today so those should probably never rise that much in value if the games aren't played that much in the first place, and the few that actually matter do increase in price if where talking xbox. examples like marvel vs capcom 2 and fatal frame exist after all.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 03:08:05 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Warmsignal

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2020, 12:31:03 pm »
Def Jam? I find it hard to believe that such a casual game would appeal to collectors at all. Maybe I should hit up my local retro spot and buy all 50 copies they likely have for peanuts. Who wants this, and why? I'm pretty familiar with PS2 and calling a random EA fighting game like this "a PS2 cult classic" just doesn't sound correct.

sworddude

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2020, 12:58:47 pm »
Def Jam? I find it hard to believe that such a casual game would appeal to collectors at all. Maybe I should hit up my local retro spot and buy all 50 copies they likely have for peanuts. Who wants this, and why? I'm pretty familiar with PS2 and calling a random EA fighting game like this "a PS2 cult classic" just doesn't sound correct.

it has a ton of interesting battle modes that you don't see in any random fighter.

subway and window matches especially seem like fun, I havent seen those modes in any fighting game

https://youtu.be/VMsU2MsxHMo?t=775

always ignored this title but it's not bad, not my kinda game but I could see the appeal if those modes are pretty unique for that title and not found elsewhere.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 01:12:13 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2020, 01:18:16 pm »

The Def Jam games are surprisingly solid.  I'd imagine because of the sheer amount of star power behind them, along with the pretty deep soundtracks would add a lot to the collectible-ness of them.

pzeke

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2020, 04:37:44 pm »

The Def Jam games are surprisingly solid.  I'd imagine because of the sheer amount of star power behind them, along with the pretty deep soundtracks would add a lot to the collectible-ness of them.

Pretty much. The rap/hip-hop culture behind it is one of the reasons the game goes for so much and has such a high collectibility. The game is dirt cheap in Europe, though.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

Warmsignal

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2020, 08:09:30 pm »
By that token, I declare THPS 4 a PS2 cult classic. I’ll be stocking up on copies.

pzeke

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2020, 10:09:25 pm »
By that token, I declare THPS 4 a PS2 cult classic. I’ll be stocking up on copies.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!