Author Topic: EPIC Game Store Free Games  (Read 1340 times)

mark1982

EPIC Game Store Free Games
« on: August 19, 2020, 03:29:17 am »

First of all, I would like to mention I'm not into collecting digital games - I only have my Digital Console games listed on this site for me to keep track of what I own. I don't even list my PC digital games here on VGCollect in my collection.

With that out of the way, I do log into the EPIC Game store weekly to claim the free games that they offer and I have amassed quite the library without paying a single cent. This screen capture is from my iMac so the OS is not supported on a lot of the games but I can play all of them on my PC when I log in from there.

Some of the recent free titles were quite good such as Total War Saga: Troy, Remnant, The Messenger, etc.

Any of you also getting the free games they offer or couldn't be bothered with digital?

Here's the full list of free games I have claimed, I missed out on a few as well. Plus some I don't even bothering installing, just get them when they are available since it's free.

- Aztez
- Minit
- Moonlighter
- Celeste
- Transistor
- Observer
- 20XX
- A Short Hike
- A Total War Saga: TROY
- AER Memories of Old
- Alan Wake's American Nightmare
- Amnesia: The Dark Decent
- Anodyne 2: Return to Dust
- ARK: Survival Evolved
- Assassin'S Creed Syndicate
- Bad North: Jotunn Edition
- Batman Arkham Asylum - Game of the Year Edition
- Batman Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition
- Batman Arkham Knight
- Borderlands 2
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- Carcassonne
- City of Brass
- Conarium
- Costume Quest
- Crashlands
- Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition
- Darksiders Warmastered Edition
- Death Coming
- Everything
- Faeria
- Fez
- Figment
- For the King
- Gone Home
- GoNNER
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Hob
- Horace
- Hue
- InnerSpace
- Inside
- Into the Breach
- Jotun Valhalla Edition
- Just Cause 4
- Killing Floor 2
- Kingdom Come Deliverance
- Layers of Fear
- LEGO Batman 2 - DC Super Heroes
- LEGO Batman 3 Beyond Gotham
- LEGO Batman the Videogame
- Lifeless Planet - Premier Edition
- Limbo
- Little Inferno
- Metro 2033 Redux
- Next Up Hero
- Nuclear Throne
- Offworld Trading Company
- Overcooked
- Oxenfree
- Pathway
- Q.U.B.E. 2
- Rebel Galaxy
- Remnant: From the Ashes
- RiME
- RUINER
- Samurai Showdown Neo Geo Collection
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI
- SOMA
- Steep
- Stories Untold
- Stranger Things 3: The Game
- Sundered: Eldritch Edition
- SUPERHOT
- Tacoma
- The Alto Collection
- The Bridge
- The Escapist
- The Escapist 2
- The Messenger
- The Stanley Parable
- The Wolf Among Us
- Torchlight
- Torchlight II
- Tormentor X Punisher
- Totally Accurate Battle Simulator
- Watch Dogs
- World War Z
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 03:31:53 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

Re: EPIC Game Store Free Games
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 03:39:59 am »
I have almost all of the free ones they've released too.  Honestly, between all the different digital platforms I have, I must have well over 100 games I've picked up for free at minimum lol I've probably played less than half of them as I don't have much interest in a bunch of them, or were stuff I already owned or had previously played,

mark1982

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 04:11:25 am »
I have almost all of the free ones they've released too.  Honestly, between all the different digital platforms I have, I must have well over 100 games I've picked up for free at minimum lol I've probably played less than half of them as I don't have much interest in a bunch of them, or were stuff I already owned or had previously played,

I know what you mean, I have all the major ones on consoles already and some of the titles I don't have much interest in. Recently I played through The Messenger again and playing a decent amount of the Samurai Showdown Collection on EGS.
  l    l 

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 04:50:40 am »

I know what you mean, I have all the major ones on consoles already and some of the titles I don't have much interest in. Recently I played through The Messenger again and playing a decent amount of the Samurai Showdown Collection on EGS.

There's definitely been good stuff I've got, like SOMA was something I was interested in, but didn't want to get because I wasn't sure if I would like it, and ended up loving it.  I'm playing Remnant right now and I think it's pretty alright in just the short time I've played it as it's basically like a third person shooter dark souls, with a post apocalyptic setting.  Nothing amazing, very simple gameplay, but the overall experience seems good.  Gone Home would be another I'd probably never pick up normally, it was kinda interesting, but I think I own at least 2 or 3 copies of that now across the different platforms lol Inside is a game I would've been pissed about had I paid money for it, because I hated the ending, but since I got it free, it was just annoying lol

It's interesting with Epic and how many free games I've got, because I've gotten a bunch through other places like Humble to have on Steam, so I have a huge library of games on there, but I've also bought a ton of games just normally and through sales, but Epic, I think I've bought a total of 5 games on there, and then I have what must be close to 50+ games for free lol
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 04:52:25 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 02:06:29 pm »
I've avoided the Epic Store myself, as I just don't support or trust Tencent, which owns 40% of Epic.

mark1982

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 10:23:29 pm »
I've avoided the Epic Store myself, as I just don't support or trust Tencent, which owns 40% of Epic.

Yeah it's unfortunate, Tencent has their hands in quite a few gaming companies these days. Riot Games, Epic Games, Bluehole (Player Unknown: Battelgrounds), Ubisoft, Activision Blizzard, Grinding Gears (Path of Exile), Supercell, Platinum Games, Yager, Paradox interactive, Funcom, Discord, probably some others I missed out on.

I believe it will only grow moving forward. Plus I used a fake email account to access the Epic Game Store things don't know if that helps, but ah well.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 10:34:19 pm by mark1982 »
  l    l 

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 01:02:31 am »
I don't really plan on ever switching to PC but the list sure is impressive. I hope World War Z and Just Cause 4 find their way to PS Plus someday since they were free here.

mark1982

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2020, 02:10:27 am »
I don't really plan on ever switching to PC but the list sure is impressive. I hope World War Z and Just Cause 4 find their way to PS Plus someday since they were free here.

I get what you mean. I'm not much of a PC gamer myself, only play a little here and there. I just log in from time to time to claim the free stuff on the Epic Store.

Just logged in and saw Hitman and the Shadowrun Collection is now free, don't mind if I do ;)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 02:13:23 am by mark1982 »
  l    l