Author Topic: Grading older games  (Read 3150 times)

jipsy

Re: Grading older games
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2022, 12:33:28 am »
Grading will usually not add any value to your games and a suspicious number of games sent out for grading "go missing"
Jipsy

conduit

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2022, 11:48:56 am »
The grading market is superfluous and its existence alone doesn't justify the astronomical price hikes given to graded games. Sucks that people are willing to support it.

If you want to preserve and protect your sealed copy of Little Samson, then get an acrylic case for it. Or better yet, get some box protectors and you'll surely get the same results while spending less time and money.

My sentiments exactly. The peace of mind I have knowing the value of my collection is preserved is immeasurable compared to money I spend on box protectors and acrylic cases.

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2022, 02:50:40 pm »
I know some hate grading, but I do it myself.... I keep sealed games in my collection which i like, and i sell others.

I like making money with it, but its not always easy.... you can have sealed games that looks nice, and you make them grade, and you only get , let say 80 of grade ( with VGA ) . When your games get lesser grades, you cant sell them for big prices. So sometimes its not a loss, but its a waste of money that wont get you profit as you expected.

Also, one thing i should mention; I've collected sealed games that had stickers on them... you can use gasoline (lighter fuel) to remove stickers and it works great , but sometimes it leaves a trace on the spot.