Author Topic: Avengers 2020 Game  (Read 6846 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Avengers 2020 Game
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2020, 12:56:18 pm »
Okay, so I just watched the latest official reveal video, and I'm sold. I have it pre-ordered at GameStop.

They did a gameplay reveal of the demo; both single-player and co-op multiplayer. The graphics look phenomenal. And lots of little unlockables for comic fans like me, such as comics to collect, new costumes and character variations, and character customization.

Plus the upgrades system everyone seems to be up in arms about looks cool to me, I don't get the hate with that.

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2020, 02:15:24 pm »
Okay, so I just watched the latest official reveal video, and I'm sold. I have it pre-ordered at GameStop.

They did a gameplay reveal of the demo; both single-player and co-op multiplayer. The graphics look phenomenal. And lots of little unlockables for comic fans like me, such as comics to collect, new costumes and character variations, and character customization.

Plus the upgrades system everyone seems to be up in arms about looks cool to me, I don't get the hate with that.

People are bothered by that? I thought that was a cool setup getting gear items to upgrade your characters.  I think the graphics look good too, I just wish they had gone with maybe a slightly different art style that doesn't make all the heroes look like the stunt men of their MCU counterparts lol

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2020, 01:54:24 pm »
Game is better than I thought it'd be. I don't care about Avengers at all but gameplay is decent.

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2020, 02:14:47 pm »
I just found out the other day that the game is online only, so that's going to have to be a hard pass for me.

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2020, 02:16:34 pm »
I also played the beta abit and I liked the game.  Gameplay is pretty good, I think the story will be good, so I will most likely pick the game up.  The beta only had 4 of the available characters, but I look forward to more time with Captain America and Thor.  I dabbled in all of the characters, Hulk and Iron Man of course being fun, Kamala was okay, but I only played her in the first story mission for abit, and Widow was alright, I just need a little more time with her since she feels...naturally...kinda underpowered, but I feel her moveset might be built way more around her movement than I was actually playing her.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2020, 02:35:08 pm »
I have a beta access passcode that I got with my pre-order, but I want to wait until I have the full game to experience it all at once.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2020, 01:08:21 pm »
I just found out the other day that the game is online only, so that's going to have to be a hard pass for me.

Wait. What??

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2020, 01:19:28 pm »

Wait. What??

One-time only for the single-player campaign.

pzeke

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2020, 07:18:55 pm »

The cover says it all. It's a no go for me (since the beginning, if I'm being honest).

The game looks pretty, but also boring, and the character models look hideous, too.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2020, 09:35:02 pm »

Wait. What??

One-time only for the single-player campaign.

So I have to check in once to play the single player campaign?  Well, it won’t be a Day 1, I’m sure I’ll get it when the price drops.

I hate that though. This is exactly what I hate to see. You can’t get this one 10 years from now. No servers=no game.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 09:37:15 pm by turf »

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2020, 02:01:49 pm »
Was a day one buy for me, but I've just become less and less interested in it.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2020, 10:35:26 am »
Well, I’m out for a while.
I’m just had my fill of planned DLC. Why announce DLC before you release the game?  If there’s a “Game of the Year” or “Gold” edition in a year or two, I’ll get it. I’m interested, and I’d like to give it a go, but just not a partial game for full price.

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2020, 01:43:51 pm »
Kate Bishop just got announced as DLC, which is weird that she's an entirely original character and not just a Hawkeye/Clint skin even if she has some original moves.  Seems like due to Boseman passing, they decided to hold off on revealing Black Panther who would've been shown off out of respect for him and that Kate was then rushed to be the post-launch character.  Not the best start to the DLC, but at least Black Panther and Spider-Man aren't likely too far off.

pzeke

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2020, 03:15:54 pm »
Well, I’m out for a while.
I’m just had my fill of planned DLC. Why announce DLC before you release the game?  If there’s a “Game of the Year” or “Gold” edition in a year or two, I’ll get it. I’m interested, and I’d like to give it a go, but just not a partial game for full price.

C'mon, man, that's how it's been for a good while now - they first plan the DLC stuff, and then work the game around it. It's standard practice now, nothing to be surprised about.

Seems like due to Boseman passing, they decided to hold off on revealing Black Panther who would've been shown off [...]

Pretty much.

I haven't bought/read a comicbook in well over a decade now, but once a comicbook nerd always a comicbook nerd, so they can lob all the stuff they want that I'm sure I'll recognize, but I'm still not budging an inch. Like turf, I'll wait and get this game a year or two from now once they release a GOTYE version...if they do...

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

shfan

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2020, 12:21:57 pm »
My nephew's interested, he loves the Marvel movies, I've zero interest in it.