Author Topic: BC - What happens when an Xbox 360 title is taken off the digital market place?  (Read 1962 times)

Hi,

A friend recently told me that the 360 version of Shadow of the Damned was taken off the Xbox Marketplace. I'm curious what this means for backwards compatibility as when an Xbox 360 game put into an Xbox One it downloads a digital version off the store. I did look on the store and it isn't there! If anyone has access to it, let me know :)

Shadow of the Damned Xbox 360 - https://vgcollect.com/item/31979
Link on the Xbox website - https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Shadows-of-the-Damned/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024541092a

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

If you have downloaded it before, you can find it on your download history, regardless if it's off the market or not. The Xbox 360 download history goes back years. However, if you have an Xbox One, they kind of screwed us. That download history only goes back 1 year.

Delisted games can still be downloaded and played, they just can't be bought. And delisting will not effect the backwards compatibility features of the Xbox One. There are several BC titles which do not have a digital version.

However, if you have an Xbox One, they kind of screwed us. That download history only goes back 1 year.
Not really. While you can't look at the download history like on the 360, the games will be easily accessible on the "ready to download" tab in the games folder on the system.

The only exception is if the game got completely purged from Xbox live, but to my knowledge, the only games to suffer from that have been the Minecraft: Story Mode games.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Delisted games can still be downloaded and played, they just can't be bought. And delisting will not effect the backwards compatibility features of the Xbox One. There are several BC titles which do not have a digital version.

However, if you have an Xbox One, they kind of screwed us. That download history only goes back 1 year.
Not really. While you can't look at the download history like on the 360, the games will be easily accessible on the "ready to download" tab in the games folder on the system.

The only exception is if the game got completely purged from Xbox live, but to my knowledge, the only games to suffer from that have been the Minecraft: Story Mode games.

Yes, but if it's a game you originally downloaded on 360, it won't show on that tab on Xbox One. I recently went through that when I upgraded my hard drive and tried to download some stuff onto it via Xbox One.

Shows just fine for me. Opening up my full library on my One shows me games I haven't redownloaded for over a decade.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Shows just fine for me. Opening up my full library on my One shows me games I haven't redownloaded for over a decade.

Can't find TMNT Arcade, X-Men Arcade, Halo 1, Gauntlet Seven Sorrows, Stubbs the Zombie, Breath of Death, WizOrb, and probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Those games aren't BC titles though.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Oh. But other Halo titles are, as well as those other original Xbox titles being BC with 369. Strange.

One that's weird is The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II. I downloaded it. Played it. Deleted it to make room when I had the dinky 500 GB hard drive. But when I went to redownload it recently, it said the purchase had been reversed, but I had never reversed any charges and got to play it.

Oh. But other Halo titles are, as well as those other original Xbox titles being BC with 369. Strange.

One that's weird is The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II. I downloaded it. Played it. Deleted it to make room when I had the dinky 500 GB hard drive. But when I went to redownload it recently, it said the purchase had been reversed, but I had never reversed any charges and got to play it.

That was a games with gold game once....did you download it when you had gold? Do you have gold now? If you let your gold expire you can no longer download it (Until you renew)

Minecraft Story Mode seasons 1 and 2, and all their associated episodes, show up in my ready to install list. The only games that ever "disappeared"' from my ready to install list were wwe 2k15 and wwe 2k16, however both have returned.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

That was a games with gold game once....did you download it when you had gold? Do you have gold now? If you let your gold expire you can no longer download it (Until you renew)

No, loved the 1st one. Bought the 2nd one when I finished it.

I'm not an online gamer. The only time I get Xbox Gold is when they offer it for a dollar or two every once in a while AND the free games look good.

Hmmm, the issue is that I don't have an Xbox One yet, but if it stays on your account it looks like I might be visiting my family with a rucksack full of my games this weekend :P

No, loved the 1st one. Bought the 2nd one when I finished it.

I'm not an online gamer. The only time I get Xbox Gold is when they offer it for a dollar or two every once in a while AND the free games look good.

You'll have to contact Microsoft then. Nothing on my XB1 has ever disappeared except the 2 WWE games i mentioned, and they are back.

I got some time rcently to put through some 360 games on my families Xbox One. I can confirm, despite being de-listed from the store Shadow of the Damned still downloads and is playable via disc :)