Author Topic: Activision Or EA The Retro And The Newer Games  (Read 2036 times)

Activision Or EA The Retro And The Newer Games
« on: August 18, 2020, 11:46:13 pm »
EA was founded in May 27, 1982, San Mateo, CA

Activision was founded in October 1, 1979, Sunnyvale, CA

I don't keep up with modern gaming so I don't know, but both these companies are really big fishes, which one do stick up for, Activision is somewhat responsible for the Call Of Duty Series and tons of older great games I've enjoyed in childhood including Heavy Gear, and the Mechwarrior series 1 and 2 for the PC, and some of the greatest video games for the Atari 2600 era were also done by Activision.

EA what what I hear are responsible for Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefield and Medal Of Honer games. I personally was disappointed in what EA did to the sims series, after the sims 3 PC series came out. it seemed like EA was starting to get greedy in and around the year 2009

If I had to choose I'd Choose Activision, I enjoyed the Call Of Duty Series, and some of the Atari 2600 ROM's on the "Activision Anthology on PS2" are great for being early 1980's games.

Although I love EA Sports Retro games like PS1 era and PS2 era and SEGA Genesis era though
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 06:27:54 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Activision Or EA The Retro And The Newer Games
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 01:21:50 pm »
Activision is probably my favorite publisher currently. Tony Hawk coming out soon, Call of Duty is great, Spyro is back, Crash, all around really good right now.

EA I pretty much just like PvZ.

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 03:48:52 pm »
Activision is probably my favorite publisher currently.
Said no one ever.

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 09:44:54 am »
Said no one ever.
I just said it and provided several reasons why.

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 09:53:49 am »
Activision is probably my favorite publisher currently. Tony Hawk coming out soon, Call of Duty is great, Spyro is back, Crash, all around really good right now.

EA I pretty much just like PvZ.

Yea Activision has been around making games and or publishing games since 1979, all the ones I've played by them or at least published by them are great games, Never knew they were coming out with A new Tony Hawk game, it sounds interesting :)

and Call Of Duty was defiantly revolutionary for a number of years especially during the PS2 Xbox and  GameCube's heyday. in the 2000's decade
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 09:55:42 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

telly

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 10:26:10 am »
and Call Of Duty was defiantly revolutionary for a number of years especially during the PS2 Xbox and  GameCube's heyday. in the 2000's decade

I would personally argue that CoD was NOT revolutionary during the PS2 generation; it was just a copycat of MOH at the time, though the first game explored different viewpoints of the war.

CoD didn't really revolutionize the genre until CoD4.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 10:50:08 am »

I would personally argue that CoD was NOT revolutionary during the PS2 generation; it was just a copycat of MOH at the time, though the first game explored different viewpoints of the war.

Maybe  (2002)Medal Of Honor: Frontline, and (2003) Metal Of Honor Rising Sun, somewhat.

but (2004)"Call Of Duty:Finest Hour" and (2005) "Call Of Duty 2: Big Red One" enforced squad based combat with coop bots for 98% of the entire game. Medal Of Honer didn't really have coop bots to help you through the most of the single player campaign until "Medal Of Honor: European Assault"
in which came after Call Of Duty:Finest Hour.

Then came my Favorite Medal of Honor game called Vanguard in which was pretty much the same as all the Call Of Duty games I've played and that includes Modern Warfare series.

I know because I've played all the old school console Medal Of Honor games except for Underground on the PlayStation 1

I think Call Of Duty was also inspired by Bungie's "Halo: Combat Evolved" as well :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 10:56:18 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

telly

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 11:10:08 am »

Maybe  (2002)Medal Of Honor: Frontline, and (2003) Metal Of Honor Rising Sun, somewhat.

but (2004)"Call Of Duty:Finest Hour" and (2005) "Call Of Duty 2: Big Red One" enforced squad based combat with coop bots for 98% of the entire game. Medal Of Honer didn't really have coop bots to help you through the most of the single player campaign until "Medal Of Honor: European Assault"
in which came after Call Of Duty:Finest Hour.

Then came my Favorite Medal of Honor game called Vanguard in which was pretty much the same as all the Call Of Duty games I've played and that includes Modern Warfare series.

I know because I've played all the old school console Medal Of Honor games except for Underground on the PlayStation 1

I think Call Of Duty was also inspired by Bungie's "Halo: Combat Evolved" as well :)

Finest Hour and Big Red One are just console ports of the first PC games with some story changes/enhancements, and all games during this era have AI bots that play with you. BRO and Finest Hour don't do bots any differently than MoH Frontline, for example.

The idea that these bots are in more levels in those Call of Duty games than MoH games isn't really a revolutionary decision on the behalf of IW or Treyarch. They're overall very very similar experiences. And that's not even mentioning Battlefield.

Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 11:20:18 am »

Finest Hour and Big Red One are just console ports of the first PC games with some story changes/enhancements, and all games during this era have AI bots that play with you. BRO and Finest Hour don't do bots any differently than MoH Frontline, for example.

The idea that these bots are in more levels in those Call of Duty games than MoH games isn't really a revolutionary decision on the behalf of IW or Treyarch. They're overall very very similar experiences. And that's not even mentioning Battlefield.

I agree with this,  ;)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 11:23:55 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

pzeke

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2020, 10:42:35 am »

Said no one ever.

I just said it and provided several reasons why.

Hook, line, and sinker.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2020, 06:08:06 pm »
I've so far only heard negitive stories about EA, killing smaller companies such as Maxis and many others. I hate to ask this but has EA gotten better?

I've noticed that at least one EA published games in the Nintendo 64 era had glitches like In one of my favorite racing games "Beetle Adventure Racing" were the game makes is possible to get your car stuck between the scenery and the wall barrier on certain parts of some of the race tracks. However there is some kind of fix that teleport you back into the rest of the track but it does not work all the time.

(edit) looks like EA has brought a lot of great developers out of business by some quick research

I am not a fan of modern EA, but I do like the 1990's and 2000's EA Sports releases
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 06:20:23 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2020, 10:08:56 pm »
I shouldn't say much about the franken-companies EA and Activision have become, but first impressions were good.

The Activision Atari 2600 games (Kaboom!, Dragster, Pitfall!, etc.) got lots of playtime.  Probably still have some of their patches somewhere. 

While Pinball Construction Kit was pretty cool, EA's Adventure Construction Kit a few years later was great!  That title alone likely spawned, or certainly greatly influenced, many exceptional video game developers that followed.