Author Topic: How Do I Stop A PS2 Slim From Spinning The Disc When I Turn It Off  (Read 1445 times)

I am having a problem with both my PlayStation 2 slims that is. it continues to spin even when it's turned off, and I open the tray to change the disc.

if i ever put my finger on the disc to stop it. than I scratch the disc in the spin motion therefore permanently damaging the disc.

How do I stop a PS2 slim from continuing to spin when it's turned off? I open and close the tray it still don't stop, when I turn it on and off and open and close the disc, most times it just starts spinning all over again.

it's like a car without brakes, once it spins I have to wait for it to stop spinning or I'll damage the disc.

is their an easy fix to this problem? I am not technical and I don't know how to put things back together once i take them apart

the kind of PlayStation 2 I am referring to is the smaller top lid kind
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 07:24:45 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: How Do I Stop A PS2 Slim From Spinning The Disc When I Turn It Off
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 01:09:52 am »
Have you tried waiting 30 seconds for it to stop on it's own?

Edit: Looks like you do. That's just what you have to do....wait for it to stop on it's own. It's the same with the PS3 slim and any top loading disc device I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 01:11:44 am by wolff242 »

telly

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 08:43:01 am »
Yeah you'll just have to wait for it to stop spinning once you turn it off, it's not a big deal. I have to do that with my GameCube
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 02:29:08 pm »
thanks for the replies, greatly appreciated :)

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

byron

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 03:23:50 pm »
The PS2 Slim has a brake which prevents the disc from spinning while the lid is open.

The brake shoe, in the larger circle, presses against the edge of the disc with a spring. The prong in the smaller circle goes into a hole when the lid closes and causes the shoe to retract.

If your brake is damaged or missing it will likely not be simple to fix, but perhaps knowing this will be helpful to you.

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2020, 05:30:02 pm »
The PS2 Slim has a brake which prevents the disc from spinning while the lid is open.

The brake shoe, in the larger circle, presses against the edge of the disc with a spring. The prong in the smaller circle goes into a hole when the lid closes and causes the shoe to retract.

If your brake is damaged or missing it will likely not be simple to fix, but perhaps knowing this will be helpful to you.

thank you, I never knew about that :)

NO APPS NEEDED