Author Topic: [MKS》] - Crash Bandicoot  (Read 1126 times)

mrkonasoni

[MKS》] - Crash Bandicoot
« on: August 29, 2020, 10:30:39 am »
|Start》|

Recently I am playing a lot of games because I have always liked to give it a chance to everything that looks nice for me.

Recently I have beat:

Crash Bandicoot for the Play Station

I don't there must to say about the game that most people haven't said already.

Both the music and story of the game are simple but likeable and charming, and that what I could call the game, charming, after all the main character Crash while that almost never talk is just as charming like the rest of the game.

The game itself feels a bit amateur, though, after all it was indeed made by some guys that believed in the future of the project, the level design start pretty easily but soon-ish it become a challenge and in fact it like taking dozens of lives from the character, I don't think is a problem at all because the game also like to gift the player a lot of lives for overcome the challenges.

So, pretty much that's the level design, most of the time it include interesting obstacles and hazards for keep it interesting and most of the time those challenges feel rewarding.

The only flaws I think of the game?
Sometimes the level design feels a bit cheap hitting or killing the player using the classic trial and error, I also think Crash's jump and bouncing feels a bit odd, sometimes you can die because the fixed arch jump of the character or because you bounced onto a box jumping without your control to the inminent death.

But of course what's the biggest flaw? That weird save system of the game, you can only save the game if you complete the bonus of some levels and if you fail to complete the bonus you can't save the game, this maybe don't sounds bad at first but quickly you realize how much it'll hurt missing that bonus.

-

Overall while I don't consider the game for being perfect or a master-piece, I believe Crash Bandicoot to be a charming and memorable game at its own, and pretty much a classic of the console.

- See ya next adventure!
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

Re: [MKS》] - Crash Bandicoot
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 03:36:26 pm »
(edit) if I was not suppose to reply please tell me, :-\

I only have one PlayStation 2 version of Crash Bandicoot in my collection, I hesitate to play Crash Bandicoot and all my PlayStation 2 Spyro The Dragon games. Because of that hidden limited continue system the original Spyro trilogy had. that makes it possible to save the game on your last continue causing you, the need to re-load the entire game as soon as your die every single time. it takes about 3 minutes to get past Spyro the Dragon's game over screen and even more time spend re-loading your last save from the menu

I assume Crash is the same way once I read your review
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 03:39:38 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

mrkonasoni

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 06:01:54 pm »
- Answering to @oldgamerz

What do you mean pal? This is a free forum I think, if you want to write something just do it I will be happy to read  your thoughts

I have never played Spyro at all but I guess they fixed that in the ps2 games.
What I can confirm you about Crash is that only the first game has that weird save system, the rest of the games has a most friendly and useful save system.

If you have the N.Sane Trilogy, the remake of the first game allow you to save anytime.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 06:06:55 pm by mrkonasoni »
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 08:41:14 pm »
Just wait until you play the sequels, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot: Warped. As they make Crash 1 seem like garbage in comparison.