Author Topic: Do You Think It's Worth It To Spend Less Money On Same Thing?  (Read 1231 times)

Do You Think It's Worth It To Spend Less Money On Same Thing?
« on: August 25, 2020, 07:57:10 pm »
I can't answer this question for everyone. Because I don't know what it takes for everyone to be satisfied. If were talking money, Does expensive and exotic food really taste that much better then lets say cheaper food? Has anyone ever heard of a dollar store like Dollar Tree? where they have quality groceries and every item including king sized boxes of brand name cereal is only $1USD each?

why spend $1000 USD On a new suit when you can go somewhere else and get the same suit at Macy's for less.

why spend $1000 on A 2nd hand PlayStation 2 just because you have that much when someone else is selling the same one for $80, this is regarding a list price for one PS2 on Amazon a few years ago.

One of my relatives is vary frugal she finds all the best deals manually sometimes on the internet, sometimes from actually going places to find food and clothes. She managed to find a jacket $100USD on sale for a $20. at a store called Macy's

« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 10:35:46 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

thewelshman

Re: Do You Think It's Worth It To Spend Less Money On Same Thing?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 09:37:04 pm »
The thing about paying $1000 for a suit other than buying one for cheaper at Macy's is generally a $1000 suit is fitted and tailored to your sizes and a cheaper one is just bought per what they happen to have.

My brother-in-law used to work for a Rent-To-Own store and people would rather throw down $800-$1000 for a PS4 because they would be able to take it that day and pay it monthly rather than saving their money and only pay whatever it was at launch.

Sometimes people don't want to wait, other times people pay that amount because it might be special, a limited edition item or as they saying goes, "they have more money than they do sense."

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 01:21:47 am »
One of the things I always think of when topics like this pop up is this:

There's a lot of things involved in getting the best value, it's not just a matter of finding the cheapest option. As buying cheap doesn't always equate to being the best deal, as a cheaper product may not last as long, so you wind up paying more in the long run. Similarly, a person's time has value, so if a person spends hours hunting around for a better deal or clipping coupons, then while they've paid less, they've still spent more overall.

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 02:34:34 am »
Well of course it’s worth it to spend less on an identical thing, by the very nature it’s better value - the same thing at less cost.

However your examples are not identical items,  a $1000 tailored suit is not the same thing as a Macy’s suit nor is exotic food the same thing as cheap food from McDonalds.

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 04:05:24 am »
Just because something cost more money don't make it better every time. My family always told me. For example once found a brand new digital and portable short wave radio for about $10 with 8-9 frequency and including the usual AM and FM frequency bands, bands that could pick up clear signals in the Gulf Of Mexico. From near Canada.

that thing was built solid. Somebody I was living with at the time bashed it on cement and broke it. still worked, but I didn't like how it was cracked so I threw it out If that never happened, I would still have it to this day,

that thing also picked up more FM and AM stations than any portable stereo or radio I ever owned.

but if we're talking something like western boots in the 1800's and 1900's then expensive is sometimes better quality and last longer
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 04:21:54 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

sworddude

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2020, 05:28:57 am »
I can't answer this question for everyone. Because I don't know what it takes for everyone to be satisfied. If were talking money, Does expensive and exotic food really taste that much better then lets say cheaper food? Has anyone ever heard of a dollar store like Dollar Tree? where they have quality groceries and every item including king sized boxes of brand name cereal is only $1USD each?

why spend $1000 USD On a new suit when you can go somewhere else and get the same suit at Macy's for less.

why spend $1000 on A 2nd hand PlayStation 2 just because you have that much when someone else is selling the same one for $80, this is regarding a list price for one PS2 on Amazon a few years ago.

One of my relatives is vary frugal she finds all the best deals manually sometimes on the internet, sometimes from actually going places to find food and clothes. She managed to find a jacket $100USD on sale for a $20. at a store called Macy's

your ps2 examples doesn't make any sense, nobody will spend that much on a ps2 console. far to many options from even proffesional game stores for way less. why buy it at such an insane price from some random dude online

If where talking clothes, while good deals can be found. Allot of people hate 2nd hand clothing and avoid those like the plague. There is a reason why 2nd hand clothing is usually far cheaper. even when you could wash them for allot of people it ain't enough it's nasty they rather spend their money on brand new clothes in a store.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

pzeke

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2020, 12:37:18 pm »
False economy.

Then again, one should never be penny-wise and a pound-foolish.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 03:53:23 pm »
Well of course it’s worth it to spend less on an identical thing, by the very nature it’s better value - the same thing at less cost.

However your examples are not identical items,  a $1000 tailored suit is not the same thing as a Macy’s suit nor is exotic food the same thing as cheap food from McDonalds.

This.  Pretty much none of these examples are spending more money on the same thing - it's spending money on a comparable thing.