Author Topic: Is foreign movies & foreign shows on UMDs region free or region locked  (Read 2023 times)

Since I'm a fan of foreign movies & I'm a fan of foreign shows even though I do have favorite movies & I do have favorite shows here in America too as well & yes I'm including adult foreign movies,adult foreign shows,cat3 movies,JAV & JAV movies & I know that some of import games for psp are region free but what about foreign movies & foreign shows on UMDs thanks. Thanks for sharing your opinions about UMDs & if any of you guys love import games,foreign movies & foreign shows like me you guys will understand what I mean :).

Flashback2012

Re: Is foreign movies & foreign shows on UMDs region free or region locked
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 07:19:55 am »
Since I'm a fan of foreign movies & I'm a fan of foreign shows even though I do have favorite movies & I do have favorite shows here in America too as well & yes I'm including adult foreign movies,adult foreign shows,cat3 movies,JAV & JAV movies & I know that some of import games for psp are region free but what about foreign movies & foreign shows on UMDs thanks. Thanks for sharing your opinions about UMDs & if any of you guys love import games,foreign movies & foreign shows like me you guys will understand what I mean :).

NGL, that seems like an excessive amount of times the word 'foreign' appears in your post.  :P

Also, Google is your friend...

Although PlayStation Portable has no region locking for UMD games; UMD movies are locked by region. However, Sony has confirmed that it is possible to implement region-locking on the PSP, and the firmware will disable features based on region. For example, Asian region PSPs will not display the "Extras" option on the XMB despite having been upgraded to the US version of Firmware 6.20, preventing owners of such PSPs from installing the Comic Book Viewer and the TV Streaming applications. As the applications are installed through a PC, and users from the region are not blocked from downloading them, it is possible to install them on non-Asian PSPs that have been imported into the region.

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 07:47:41 am »
Yes, with some quick research most DVD and Bluray movies only play on DVD and Bluray machines in there local region, there are some region free bluray players out there doing looking further into this on goggle

Xbox One and PlayStation 4 games I read are not region locked though

(edit) I never heard of UMD movies until now only heard of DVD and Bluray movies
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 05:02:11 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

gummo

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 08:45:31 pm »
I collected UMD movies back in the day and have like 40 from the UK . As far as I remember some UMDs are region locked and some are region free . Some of the region free ones have the ALL REGION logo on the back , not all do , some say REGION 2 but can play anyways . I have the Little Britain Series 1,2,3 UMDs and they work in my US PSP . The rest of mine are general Hollywood fodder and US TV shows (I assume I bought them because they were UK exclusives) . 90% of what I know about UMD region stuff I've forgotten .

ferraroso

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 09:11:03 pm »
[...]yes I'm including adult foreign movies,adult foreign shows,cat3 movies,JAV & JAV movies[...]

Just a guess, but I don't think there are that many adult movies on the PSP's library...

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 05:27:03 pm »
Yes, with some quick research most DVD and Bluray movies only play on DVD and Bluray machines in there local region, there are some region free bluray players out there doing looking further into this on goggle

Xbox One and PlayStation 4 games I read are not region locked though

(edit) I never heard of UMD movies until now only heard of DVD and Bluray movies

Xbox One and PS4 ARE region locked for movies (I've tried),  but not for games.