Author Topic: DVD  (Read 2648 times)

sonicfan53

DVD
« on: September 01, 2020, 05:25:14 pm »
Is there a website similar to VGCollect, but for DVDs?

Re: DVD
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 06:33:47 pm »
The one I used, filmaf.com actually just shut down a couple of weeks ago.  I have not found a good substitute yet.

aliensstudios

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 09:23:34 pm »
I've been buying Blu-rays up like crazy since April and I too would love a website to track them with but I haven't found anything worthwhile so far.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

pzeke

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 10:30:10 pm »
All my searches would only bring me to websites offering some form of software or app for movie cataloging. Aside from that, most everywhere I checked they kept mentioning Blu-ray.com, but I also found TMDb (The Movie Database), which based on what I read is maintained by its community, similar to what we do here. Now, I didn't register to any of these websites to see if they function like VGCollect, but I figured I bring them to your attention and maybe you can check them out for yourselves.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 09:26:49 am »
The problem I found with the existing movie collection tracking sites is that they are way too incomplete for my liking. Ever since I started working on keeping VGC updated, I have had no motivation to do something similar (even for just items I own) on sites like that. So I still just use a text doc for tracking what movies I have.

pzeke

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2020, 03:19:56 pm »
That's what I've always done for everything I own that's worth keeping track of. Most of the places I've joined to catalog something in my collection I've abandoned because keeping a .txt file updated is far more easier and convenient. For me at least.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 04:35:27 pm »
All my searches would only bring me to websites offering some form of software or app for movie cataloging. Aside from that, most everywhere I checked they kept mentioning Blu-ray.com, but I also found TMDb (The Movie Database), which based on what I read is maintained by its community, similar to what we do here. Now, I didn't register to any of these websites to see if they function like VGCollect, but I figured I bring them to your attention and maybe you can check them out for yourselves.

At first glance, TMDb looks like trakt.tv. Not really for keeping track of your physical collection, but more for keeping track of your watch history on sites like Netflix. Apparently I already have a blu-ray.com account, to my surprise. Looking at my collection though, I barely logged anything.

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 10:22:10 am »
All my searches would only bring me to websites offering some form of software or app for movie cataloging. Aside from that, most everywhere I checked they kept mentioning Blu-ray.com

I just started using Blu-Ray this morning.  The library looks incredibly robust, but the interface is insanely cluttered - especially compared to FilmAF.  I'm going to log everything through there, just so I have my collection logged, but I wouldn't mind finding something a bit more simple.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 08:28:22 am by Cartagia »

gummo

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 04:25:25 pm »
I've used Blu-Ray.com for BDs for 10 years now and never realized they added a DVD database . I tried Collectorz years ago . It's not free though . It did have DVD , Blu-Ray , and HD DVD categories . The databases were severely lacking and the UI was not intuitive at all .

Warmsignal

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 11:04:52 pm »
Rate Your Music. Yeah, it was originally just a music oriented site, but they do movies now too AFAIK.