Author Topic: What Is Your Favorite And Least Favorite 3D Platformers and Why  (Read 3477 times)

Re: What Is Your Favorite And Least Favorite 3D Platformers and Why
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2020, 11:43:07 pm »
Favorite: Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Super Mario Sunshine

Least Favorite: Mario 64, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon

mrkonasoni

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2020, 01:08:46 pm »
I like everything that feels someone gave a damn about the quality of the game, I like creative level design with obstacles to sort and if you offer me that I am open to give it a thumb up to the game if it works and feels fairly designed.

I dont like anything that feels like obviously shovelware
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

pzeke

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2020, 03:38:58 pm »
Favorite: Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy and Super Mario Galaxy (I honestly can't decide between the two, so it's a tie...)

Least: Mega Man X7 - BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN!!

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2020, 01:34:51 am »
Favorite: Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy and Super Mario Galaxy (I honestly can't decide between the two, so it's a tie...)

Least: Mega Man X7 - BURN TO THE GROUND! BURN!!

which version is worst (EU) aka the one in the photo  on 14 wishlist's or the (NA) version that 101 people want this game in their wishlist's
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pzeke

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2020, 12:53:08 pm »
They're both the same. The thing is this was the first time the X series went full 3D, and it wasn't handled well. Personally the soundtrack is about the only good thing the game has.

Also, as alluded in my original post, the game has quite possibly one of the single-most annoying bosses in gaming history ever...

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2020, 10:43:04 am »
Favourites

Super Mario Galaxy - A lot of Mario games could be here like SM64, but I think Galaxy has some of the best level design out of any game in the series. The space setting is so well done and the whole vibe of the game is great fun.

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction - The first Ratchet and Clank game I played so it's what got me into the series. Arguably more of a shooter than a platformer, but the weapons are great fun to use making the combat great, and the controls are perfect making the platforming really good. Not a bad story either with good humour and likable characters.

Ape Escape 2 - Very lively game, the cheesiness is great fun and collecting monkeys is an interesting spin on the collectathon concept. All of the different gadgets add loads of gameplay variety and the levels are very fun.

Least favourites

Sonic Unleashed - Don't hate it, I just haven't played any 3D plaftormers I despise and this is just one of the more unremarkable ones. I didn't finish it as kid as it just didn't really hold my interest.

Banjo Kazooie - As I said, I enjoy the vast majority of 3D platformers I play so I can't think of any I actually dislike. I completely understand why people like this game, the humour and characters are great, it's very creative and has very interesting levels. However I didn't play it as a kid, so playing it for the first time a couple of years ago make it seem like it hasn't aged well. The controls aren't too great, and having to collect every music note in a level to improve your score made progression unnecessarily tedious. I also hated the hub world. It was cool, but it was just too big, and it was a pain losing health while travelling to a level, meaning to die more quickly and have to do the whole process again. I really wanted to like it as it has awesome qualites, but it could quite frustrating and I didn't finish it in the end.