Author Topic: A quick opinion about Toki remake (2018)  (Read 1385 times)

mrkonasoni

A quick opinion about Toki remake (2018)
« on: September 09, 2020, 05:45:12 pm »
START

This time I have played Toki remake for the PS4.

While that I am not a big fan or I have an emotional connection with the original arcade game, I have always knew the game had quite a big success back then in the 80s and early 90s, I even remember reading stories about people from europe that truly loved the game.

About the original game I wont say much, its a good platforming game mostly well design but with a obviously mild trial and error but not too harsh, at least, also the story is about a man transformed into monkey trying to save his sexy babe, because everyone done that in the 80s.

Anyway, I think the remake is good but maybe lacking some extra content, there barely changes but the remastered music and graphics are gorgeous.

Pretty much is the graphics what make the remake appealing, instead of 3d graphics or something like sprites, they used sketches for the graphics, and everything looks gorgeous and full of detail, I truly hope that someone that know about animation and illustration will appreciate the level of detail that was put into the graphics, its like playing those concept art from movies and animation show from the 90s, since I am a believer that level of detail has gone a bit lost nowadays, I truly hope more people will love the graphics.

Well, I could mention it looks a bit choppy sometimes but trying to being positive, it make it look like a comic-strip.

Anyway I think Toki 2018 is a good remaster/remake of the original game and I want to believe fans of the original arcade game will feel nostalgic watching the revamped graphics, I think it is worth spending at least bucks into the remake.

Also the redesign of Toki wife is sexy gorgeous...

- See ya next adventure.

- Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qlkVHhRXzs
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

maximo310

Re: A quick opinion about Toki remake (2018)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 02:38:43 am »
Sounds about right, this game is definitely a memorizer from what I've played so far ( up to stage 5 w/o continuing). Do the controls feel the same as the original?

mrkonasoni

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 03:23:43 am »
- Answering to Maximo310

I think so, the remake is pretty accurate from the source material, of course you could maybe feel it different when playing it, though.

What I can't confirmed at all is if the physics from the cart mine of the last level are the same of the original game.

I think they are pretty similar and just like the original game us the most annoying part of the game.

I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

maximo310

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 03:51:48 am »
- Answering to Maximo310

I think so, the remake is pretty accurate from the source material, of course you could maybe feel it different when playing it, though.

What I can't confirmed at all is if the physics from the cart mine of the last level are the same of the original game.

I think they are pretty similar and just like the original game us the most annoying part of the game.
Haha it defenitely is (besides figuring out the last boss); I'll check it at some point soon.