Author Topic: do you guys have any obscure pc games  (Read 3515 times)

htimreimer

do you guys have any obscure pc games
« on: January 28, 2012, 07:22:48 am »
for me yes

these  are the obscure pc games i have

Captain Bible in Dome of Darkness its a good game but the releasing of the game is screw up
War: CD-ROM Power Pack a three in one game pack that has 2 games and one piece educational software

ffxik

Re: do you guys have any obscure pc games
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 07:36:34 am »
Actually I have one.  Compainions of Xanth.  A Point and click game loosely based on a book titled "Demons Don't Dream" by Peirs Anthony

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 10:07:11 am »
Pretzel Pete.

According to Hardcore Gaming 101, it never made it past a demo... yet I found a sealed copy of it. And I almost found the soundtrack (but there was no CD, wah.)

amauriel

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 10:10:54 am »
Wow, @foxhack! That one's crazy! Hardcore Gaming 101 is one of my favorite sites...I even got The Guide to Classic Graphic Adventures for Christmas this year.

I thought they were one of the end-all resources for PC games.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

foxhack

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 12:33:16 pm »
I'm not entirely convinced the game was unreleased. If I found a copy then that means there's more out there.

I mean, there's a soundtrack on Amazon. No way did they release that and not the game. Maybe it's super rare for all I know, but it definitely was published.

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 05:31:41 pm »
Has anyone played Strife before? I haven't but it looks fun, it's kind of an obscure game because it's an RPG and a first person shooter game tied into one. I've had my chance but I never got to it, come to think of it I might have it in my game room somewhere. I found a CD of the game crammed in with a bunch of music CD's for sale.

Doom Wiki was giving out the .WAD file they also gav eout 2 of the chex games.

I would consider it an obscure PC game, I found it almost by accident,
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 05:34:14 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 05:39:53 pm »
Well this was one heck of a thread resurrection lol But an interesting thread still.  I don't know how "obscure" these are, like the games themselves aren't obscure, but I didn't even know these had a PC release in 99/00 till I found them when I was out hunting for stuff and a lot of folks probably don't know about them either.   Think I picked them up at a thrift shop.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 05:44:09 pm by kamikazekeeg »

mrkonasoni

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 05:48:29 pm »
- Answering to kamikazekeeg

I think those games are pretty cheap on ebay, I remember that some other Sonic fans told me there an expensive version of Sonic CD for PC.

-

About the subject I dont have anything, but a local store sell a lot of pc games CIB for like 2$ or 5$ the piece, people from my country dont care about physical stuff for pc.
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 06:01:01 pm »

I think those games are pretty cheap on ebay, I remember that some other Sonic fans told me there an expensive version of Sonic CD for PC.

They probably are, but these are probably gonna be one of the more uncommon versions of the games, though it looks like Sonic CD did have an earlier release than these, which could be the more expensive one out there.

sworddude

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 07:03:53 pm »

-

About the subject I dont have anything, but a local store sell a lot of pc games CIB for like 2$ or 5$ the piece, people from my country dont care about physical stuff for pc.

They originally came in big cardboard boxes, sonic cd for example is worth a decent amount when the cardboard box is included. in other words, pretty much the same story as even the sought after and fairly rare pc games. if you only have the jewel case plus disc, it's pretty much always a cheap game for pc.

Personally some diablo esk game

than there is this trash megaman game for pc.

probably the worst megaman game in existence.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 07:09:26 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

tripredacus

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2020, 10:43:40 am »
The Sega PC games posted above are not what I would consider obscure, at least not the Sonic ones. Panzer Dragoon is not obscure, there are some on Ebay and it is not too expensive. But none in the box, and none sealed.

I think the resting point for obscure, when it comes to PC games is whether it can be found on Ebay.

The most obscure I can think of, is one of those things you figure had a physical release because you can find it on download sites, but never shows up. That would be Notyet which I have on 3 floppy disks only.

Others that might be considered:
Longbow FX which is a special version that only came with Voodoo cards. For me it was the Intergraph Voodoo 6 MB PCI. That card also came with special versions of Moto Racer and Turok.

Power Tools for Duke Nukem 3D.

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 03:59:22 pm »
The Sega PC games posted above are not what I would consider obscure, at least not the Sonic ones. Panzer Dragoon is not obscure, there are some on Ebay and it is not too expensive. But none in the box, and none sealed.

I think the resting point for obscure, when it comes to PC games is whether it can be found on Ebay.

The most obscure I can think of, is one of those things you figure had a physical release because you can find it on download sites, but never shows up. That would be Notyet which I have on 3 floppy disks only.

Others that might be considered:
Longbow FX which is a special version that only came with Voodoo cards. For me it was the Intergraph Voodoo 6 MB PCI. That card also came with special versions of Moto Racer and Turok.

Power Tools for Duke Nukem 3D.

Most of the Duke Nukem 3D games are quite rare like the 3 official expansion packs and the Platonum edition and Duke Zone, Duke Zone II, Duke Xtreme

also
duke nukem platinum pack

and

and

Nuke It! expansion

and it does not end there, lots of duke nukem fan based levels were released for the game tons and they are not worth that much? Probably because nobody knows how to properly use them on a modern PC I am probably one of the few today.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 04:03:03 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pzeke

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2020, 05:32:42 pm »
Check the fanmade remake.

than there is this trash megaman game for pc.

probably the worst megaman game in existence.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2020, 12:53:52 pm »
I have some weird 20 games pack released back in the late 90s. It has some genuinely amazing clones of classic arcade games on it, some with amazing soundtracks.

Flashback2012

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2020, 02:57:47 pm »
I have some weird 20 games pack released back in the late 90s. It has some genuinely amazing clones of classic arcade games on it, some with amazing soundtracks.

I wonder if it had such classics as Chomper 3D on it which is in no way a clone of Pac-Man, no sir! I mean it does feature a yellow purple protagonist who just happened to be spherical in shape AND is situated in a maze arena populated by ghosts apparitions out to cause harm and the only way to clear the stage was for the spherical hero to consume pellets orbs. At least he could occasionally consume strategically placed power pellets larger orbs that would scare the ghosts apparitions into turning a different color to be consumed for points a sense of pride and accomplishment. Additionally, random fruits/food plant/vegetable matter will appear that you can consume for additional points senses of pride and accomplishment.

Unsurprisingly, the venerable classic Chomper 3D does not have an entry in the database even though a full retail version exists.  >:(