Author Topic: Do You Think They're Will Come A Time Where Graphics Will Be Maxed Out?  (Read 1313 times)

This question is about technology getting so good in the graphics department. that do you think it could no longer improve or get better? If some video games looked the same way it does in possible human vision of real life.

I personally really don't care about how realistic a game looks but I'm curious.

For example the 7th generation games like Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare PlayStation 3 had almost movie like graphics, but even then things still looked to shiny to be exactly like things do in real life vision. I remember thinking that the graphics could not get better then the PlayStation 2.

But I have to consider that if things were too real lifelike 99% of all games would be so violent that I don't think it would be fun at all to play.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 12:33:27 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Do You Think They're Will Come A Time Where Graphics Will Be Maxed Out?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 02:35:39 pm »
Eventually yes. I think we'll reach photo realism in the next decade, and it'll probably be widespread by the 2030s. I have to imagine that AI is going to have to play a big role in being able to render graphics like that since having a person do it would take a ridiculous amount of time.

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 03:47:57 pm »
Holodeck style? 

Yes, but I think people will get bored with seeing the same thing in every new game, and that's when the games with a more cartoon-like approach will become more popular. 
You can only play so much Call of Duty before you have to switch to Paper Mario for awhile.

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 01:53:33 pm »
Yeah, I think it's going to be soon. I can't say I like the photo-realistic stuff, but I think stylized games will benefit as well from these advancements. I don't however think that graphics will end the console generations like some people I have encountered. I suspect they'll start competing over other things like improved speeds and features.

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 05:09:53 pm »
By today's standards we should have the technology to have realistic graphics on handhelds, But I know current technology batteries are a thing that needs to be charged. I don't use handhelds, but I know they often don't have HD graphics yet.

How is the Virtual Reality scene today? I don't hear about that much but I've heard of PlayStation VR

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2020, 05:16:07 pm »
Holodeck style? 

Yes, but I think people will get bored with seeing the same thing in every new game, and that's when the games with a more cartoon-like approach will become more popular. 
You can only play so much Call of Duty before you have to switch to Paper Mario for awhile.

I agree I can see myself getting board with realistic graphics on everything, As a retro gamer and collector I can see this, as I said graphics don't mean anything much to me, I also play early 1980's graphics too :)

NO APPS NEEDED

sworddude

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2020, 05:36:23 pm »
Holodeck style? 

While that might apply to some this ain't true for the majority.

Allot of people are facinated with war and cars. Those 2 things alone will always be popular and have to be realistic.

Same for GTA, Allot of people aren't to interested in cartoon grapics or more fantasy themed games.

realistic is how a ton of people want their games, Speaking of games like modern warfare, some people literally play nothing else. there is a reason why these games remain so popular.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 06:18:26 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2020, 06:48:37 pm »
Holodeck style? 

Allot of people are facinated with war and cars. Those 2 things alone will always be popular and have to be realistic.

Same for GTA, Allot of people aren't to interested in cartoon grapics or more fantasy themed games.

realistic is how a ton of people want their games, Speaking of games like modern warfare, some people literally play nothing else. there is a reason why these games remain so popular.

I do prefer my golf games to have better graphics than lets say SEGA Genesis and I also prefer realistic car games and war games too. But in my opinion it's good to have a bit of both.

NO APPS NEEDED

sworddude

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2020, 07:01:27 pm »
Holodeck style? 

I do prefer my golf games to have better graphics than lets say SEGA Genesis and I also prefer realistic car games and war games too. But in my opinion it's good to have a bit of both.

retro golf games aren't that great so I can see where your coming from

There are only 2 exceptions

Mario golf series
Neo turf masters

Those are imo superior over realistic golf games.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

mrkonasoni

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 04:01:04 pm »
I think the top was reached when The Neverhood was released, just think about it, it is literally real world graphics moving with fluidity, The Neverhood will look nice for all eternities

About 2D graphics I would love people to always mention Rayman, it was a great looking masterpiece back then in 1995 and it still looks gorgeous and with a level of detail just a few guys could achieve
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 04:16:13 pm by mrkonasoni »
I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

Warmsignal

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2020, 01:21:09 pm »
Aren't they already? I'm struggling to see the difference in the newest games. It's come down to really fine details like shadow casting and particle effects and that stuff. I don't notice those things so it's wasted on me. Funny thing is I've totally lost interest in animated photo-realism. The worst kind of graphics for a video game. I like fantasy stuff, color, stylized graphics.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2020, 09:57:29 pm »
Aren't they already? I'm struggling to see the difference in the newest games. It's come down to really fine details like shadow casting and particle effects and that stuff. I don't notice those things so it's wasted on me. Funny thing is I've totally lost interest in animated photo-realism. The worst kind of graphics for a video game. I like fantasy stuff, color, stylized graphics.

I thought it was just me.
I can’t tell the difference in my PS4 and the PS5 showcase.  There’s just not that big of a jump in graphics anymore.
Besides, I’d rather see style over photorealistic stuff.