Author Topic: "Your connection is not private"  (Read 2204 times)

"Your connection is not private"
« on: October 13, 2020, 08:27:31 am »
Not sure if anyone else has been getting this, but it has been popping up on every visit to Vgcollect.com - be in the main site, collections, or the forum.

tripredacus

Re: "Your connection is not private"
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 09:33:10 am »
Certificarte expired. It was just updated so that message should no longer be present.

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 09:54:41 am »
Message isn't present anymore, but I'm still getting "Not secure" when visiting the site.

kashell

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 10:58:52 am »
I'm not getting the "not secure" thing anymore.

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 11:02:57 am »
You might have some cached files in your browser that isn't updated. Otherwise, some browsers will show a "not secure" alert on a page with mixed-content, such as someone has linked to an image file on another site using http including some users VGC sig.

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 10:35:05 pm »
 I was getting an unsecure connection on some threads for a while And, about a month or 2 after I created a thread. about this issue. everything is back to secure, on my end. even on the threads that were non secure. it was from what I gather certain peoples collection banners.

I would clear your browsing history from the beginning of time setting to fix this, just remember if you clear ALL your browser cache and history you will automatically be logged out of all your online accounts and then will need to re-enter your usernames and passwords for each site you attend
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 10:38:00 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

jason

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 06:40:07 pm »
I was getting an unsecure connection on some threads for a while And, about a month or 2 after I created a thread. about this issue. everything is back to secure, on my end. even on the threads that were non secure. it was from what I gather certain peoples collection banners.

I would clear your browsing history from the beginning of time setting to fix this, just remember if you clear ALL your browser cache and history you will automatically be logged out of all your online accounts and then will need to re-enter your usernames and passwords for each site you attend

That was a separate issue. Earlier (mentioned above) it was a sitewide issue where the cert hadn't auto-renewed which has been resolved since that morning.

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 11:11:50 pm »
I've been getting this warning since last week.

Anybody have any idea why this is?

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 09:39:42 am »
Need the exact URL you see this message on.
Also what browser and version (preferrably user agent) you are using.

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 12:34:07 pm »
The exact URL is pictured below.

I have Kaspersky as my Internet security protection. It's my security that is prompting this message as you can see in the picture.

I'm using Firefox, although the same thing happens in Chrome.

User agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:83.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/83.0

tripredacus

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 10:24:09 am »
This issue is caused by your antivirus, which does not recognize certificates from certain CAs. By default, it appears to use a MiTM certificate interception method. Take a look at this page:
https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/kaspersky-antivirus-does-not-recognize-letsencrypt-certs/90197

Click through on the link posted by Rip.

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 12:47:58 pm »
Thank you.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2020, 04:25:52 pm »
This is happening on my phone. So no antivirus software involved.

tripredacus

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2020, 11:01:52 am »
Cert is still valid as of this posting.

Kaspersky is just one example but it reveals two specific things:
1. It uses its own cert on some or all websites
2. It doesn't recognize the CA that we use here

This doesn't mean that only Kaspersky does this, as it could be your browser or some other software on your phone that is doing the same things that Kaspersky is doing. I'm not really sure how to tell on a phone what cert is being used, and how to view the reason why the cert is being rejected.