Author Topic: Feature Request - Count Digital Games as Part of a Console's Collection  (Read 1268 times)

Hello!

First of all, I'd like to say that I've found this site to be super cool and useful so far, so good work to the creators!

I was wondering if a certain feature could be implemented. Currently, my digitally downloaded games are listed under Nintendo Network or Playstation Network, instead of with their respective systems. This makes it harder to see, for example, my 3DS collection as a whole in one spot, and also causes the pie graph on my "About" page to not accurately represent how many games I have on  a particular console. I think it would be pretty nice to have the option to change how digitally downloaded games are grouped.

Thanks for reading!

pzeke

Re: Feature Request - Count Digital Games as Part of a Console's Collection
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 09:01:30 am »
Physical and digital media are separated for a reason, so I don't see any functionality to this other than mix and matching for the sake of having a false sense of uniformity. Not to mention doing something like this will throw the pie chart out of whack.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 11:23:20 am »
If this was implemented as an option, those who prefer physical and digital to be separate would not experience an issue with the pie charts, as they would be able to keep it as it is now. I can understand that many would like their physical and digital collections to listed separately, but personally, I would rather see a single console's games listed together, no matter how I obtained the games. Edit: With a feature that allows what I'm requesting to be optional, no one who likes the current system will be bothered by this.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 11:30:48 am by missingno »

pzeke

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 12:00:40 pm »
Well, nevertheless this is the umpteenth feature request made, so it'll undoubtedly get tossed to the side. However, the search bar was broken once, and it was finally fixed after we spoke out, so perhaps if you can rally a decent amount of members then maybe you'll get what you want. Still, it seems like it could be one of those instances where it's too much effort for little gain since I think this is the first time something like this has been requested.

Either way, all requests are considered, so just wait and see.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 12:15:01 pm »
Yeah that makes sense. It's definitely not crucial. I figured I'd just put it out there and see what people think, or what the dev team thinks.

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 09:34:38 am »
Any request such as this should definately be treated as an option that a user can choose to enable or not.

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2020, 10:03:54 pm »
Download licenses shouldn't even be on this website to begin with

pzeke

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 11:07:26 am »
This is a video game database that catalogs both physical and digital media, any bias goes out the window.