Author Topic: PS4 - Replacing HDD Problem  (Read 1369 times)

PS4 - Replacing HDD Problem
« on: October 04, 2020, 04:13:25 am »
As I'm looking to sell my PS4 PRO I've been trying to return my original, 1tb HDD into the device - Sadly it is not so simple!

I've done this many times before so I'm not sure whats up, My guess is that as I used the 1TB as an external HDD it is now formatted to NTSF and not FAT32?

When I download the Official Firmware to run on Safe Mode (Yes I download the bigger file of the two), it comes up with say the update I downloaded is corrupt - I've put this on multiple sticks one which is FAT32.

Error Code is - SU-30645-8

Luckily my 2TB HDD I use still works but I want to really put the original 1TB hdd back in for the sale so any advice would be appreciated.

Re: PS4 - Replacing HDD Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 07:30:34 am »
Is there a way to restore the PS4 to factory shape condition? like on the PlayStation 3? did you try to manually reinstall the PS4's operating system?  but like you said, it might be formated to the wrong format, it needs to be Fat32 not NTSF like you said
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 07:33:53 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 03:28:53 pm »
I did the HDD replacement not so long ago, like 2 weeks ago.
Since you are using a drive that had filesystems on it (the 1TB one as you said, you had formatted it with NTFS), you probably would have to clean it from any partitions. Here's a quick guide:
https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/remove-partition-windows-10-free.html
REMEMBER, IF YOU CHOOSE THE WRONG PARTITION, YOU WILL DELETE ANY FILES ON IT, DO IT CAREFULLY AND I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERASING YOUR DATA :)

also you don't have to create any new partitions on the drive, PS4 firmware install will do it automatically since PS4 does NOT use FAT32 on internal HDD, or any HDD for that matter.

What you have to do is have a USB drive (FAT32 formatted) with the update (the big file, like 1GB) on it in directory PS4/UPDATE, then you hold the power button until second beep and you can install the firmware on new drive.

Here's the full guide by Sony:
"1. Initialize and reinstall PS4 System Software using Safe Mode
2. Using a PC or Mac, create a folder named "PS4" on a USB drive formatted as FAT32. Inside that folder, create another folder named "UPDATE".   
3. Visit the PS4 System Software Update page and select the "Reinstall system software" section. Download the installation file and save it in the "UPDATE" folder. Save the file as "PS4UPDATE.PUP".     
4. Plug the USB drive containing the installation file into the PS4™ system.
a)    If you get the error: "SU-41350-3" ,it means that the PUP file was renamed by your computer due to multiple downloads of the same file.
    Solution: Check the download location on your PC or Mac, delete any previous versions. Make sure the file is named: PS4UPDATE.PUP.
5. Start the PS4™system in Safe Mode: press and hold the power button, releasing after the second beep.
6. Select Safe Mode option 7 [Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)].     
7. Select [Update from USB Storage Device] > [OK]."
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 03:42:21 pm by demichel93 »

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 02:40:23 am »
Thanks for the descriptive instructions, I've done all the steps with the USB stick correct but have yet to reset the HDD successfully - I shall try that tonight and let you know how it goes!

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 04:59:45 pm »
Hurray! That softaware seemed to do the job so thank you very much! PS4's all sorted with it's original HDD, now to prep it up for sale!

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 08:35:00 am »
Good luck with the sale!