Author Topic: Mods Or Custom Content For Games Discussion  (Read 1014 times)

Mods Or Custom Content For Games Discussion
« on: October 03, 2020, 07:07:16 pm »
To  avoid confusion I am referring to mostly free, fan made or company made free downloadable content.

This thread is for discussion of everything mods, or custom levels in a video game. andd/or  where to find some,  and your stories of mods, or maybe mods you've made or level editors you have used. All of the above, a fun thread to discuss a favorite mod. As I said below a mod is only legal to use if you have a real copy of the game, and your using that legit copy of your video game.,

(if I'm wrong please feel free to correct me) Doom needs a .wad File and Duke Nukem 3D needs a .grp files as some examples.

I am prepared to take heat for another topic creation, but... To get started

do any of you download and play custom levels? or custom mods? or custom content for some of your favorite video games?

A mod is usually a name for some custom content for a video game. Or fan made content and/or fan made stages or levels. for a video game. (edit) a mod/modification is sometimes usually a game that has been modified to be or even act like a whole another video game, within a video game.

for the most part downloading and or creating mods and custom content. is legal as long as you have, and are also running a legit real copy of the original games. As for creating a mod? I do think it is illegal to sell custom content for a video game, without rights to that particular video game.

Games for PC as an example. Like Doom and Duke Nukem 3D have a ton of custom levels and mods to choose from, So far in my life I only made custom levels for myself and 2 unfinished mod's I made on the internet, but there not really that great since I never finished them like i wanted to.

I use mods from this trusted source below, according to what I read the site in the link below is one such place to find the best mods for your PC games, but you may have to read up on how to install them.

here is the link to a more popular PC mod site
https://www.moddb.com/mods
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 09:34:23 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: Mods Or Custom Content For Games Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 10:54:56 am »
The best example of games with some great mods are Sonic Robo Blast 2 and Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart. Seriously, the amount of mods those games have as well as the quality of most of the mods is quite frankly amazing.

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 12:22:22 pm »
The best example of games with some great mods are Sonic Robo Blast 2 and Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart. Seriously, the amount of mods those games have as well as the quality of most of the mods is quite frankly amazing.

That's good to know :)

Great mods exist for a ton of games. I know just about every single PC game out there you can buy on steam has mods for it., and best of all 99% of them are free to download and malware free., the only hard part about using a mod is knowing where to put the files. It also helps to download 7-zip in which is really the only way to extract the contents of some files on Moddb.

in short  mods or custom content for video games makes them be more of your favorite video games for your money
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 03:53:58 pm »
The last Mod I really used was the one that restored all of the cut content in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II when I played at the end of last year.  It was nice to get a lot of those missing plot points in there.  I've been trying to play more on PC lately, so I'll probably be dabbling a bit more in mods.

kypherion

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 04:51:11 pm »
I've done a great deal of modding. From NES, SNES, DS and even Gamecube rom hacks I've played around with and fiddled with many games. Sometimes it's fun to do glitches or see if you can access any content locked away.

Probably the most easily modded game is Minecraft, and there's a bunch of cool stuff you can do with that.

Another example is DSVania randomizer, a randomize program to add a little bit of replay-ability to the DS Castlevania games.

GMod is another one that comes to mind, got a bunch of stuff on there.

20XX is a great training tool mod made for Super Smash Bros. Melee.

As mentioned above DOOM, Duke Nukem, and even games like Blood (made by the same people that did Duke Nukem 3D) are modded like crazy with DOOM having total conversion mods and turning the game into Resident Evil or some other game.

Persona 4 Golden on PC is getting more and more mods as we speak.

Super Smash Bros Melee, Brawl, Smash 4, Ultimate and even 64 have mods for them. Project M (Brawl mod) is super easily customizable and you can add a bunch of stages, characters, music, etc. to the game. You can even change menus and other images. Essentially the whole Smash Bros. Brawl game is your bitch to mod as you can literally change anything.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

pzeke

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 01:45:06 pm »
Fighting games are a good example, I would say. There are some really nice skin mods for games like Street Fighter V and Dragon Ball Xenoverse, just to name a few. The former has quite a slew of mods that are nothing more than eye candy.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 02:46:08 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!