Author Topic: Why you should buy Xenoblade  (Read 8051 times)

darko

Re: Why you should buy Xenoblade
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2012, 01:43:53 pm »
I picked up the game yesterday. I asked if they had any extra pre-order books and they gave me one without any issue.

desocietas

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2012, 01:54:23 pm »
Nice!  I don't know why my shops are giving me such a hard time   :'(
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

darko

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2012, 02:45:33 pm »
If I end up snagging another one I'll let you know.

desocietas

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2012, 03:18:49 pm »
Cool.  Yeah, I'll keep bugging my stores over here 'till they tell me they're already all gone or kick me out.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2012, 04:47:20 pm »
I have been playing the ever living hell out of this game, just wandering around areas, killing stuff and collecting loots. The battle system is nice and the graphics are some of the best I've yet seen on the Wii. The music is amazing too and is catchy, I've not yet gotten tired of any of the bgm while hanging in an area for while.

I've found myself comparing combat situations with mmo games though, since you need to be careful of where you are fighting mobs or you will aggro adjacent groups, which is usually a party wipe. And you have to watch for knock backs when fighting on a cliff, or you will be thrown off.

One thing I still can't seem to get the hang of is the Monado's future sight ability and warning party members/ preventing abilities in time. I may need to reread that tutorial.

But yeah, this game is brilliant. So glad I snagged a copy new, and didn't wait to hop on the bus. Play it.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2012, 05:00:00 pm »
I like that you can play it however you want. For example, I'm doing a minimal amount of side-quests and almost no grinding but still doing fine, while my friend, at the same moment of the game I'm at, was 10 levels higher than me because he does all the side-quests.

desocietas

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2012, 05:19:57 pm »
Bah, wish I had a Wii right now and a copy of the game... But it also reminds me that I need to go back and finish some other epic rpgs, like FF XII or DQ VIII.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2012, 08:22:54 pm »
I like that you can play it however you want. For example, I'm doing a minimal amount of side-quests and almost no grinding but still doing fine, while my friend, at the same moment of the game I'm at, was 10 levels higher than me because he does all the side-quests.

I kinda feel the need to go back to Colony 9 and just blow through all the side quests.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread