Author Topic: Do you sell/trade your games after you’ve completed them?  (Read 1369 times)

Do you sell/trade your games after you’ve completed them?
« on: October 04, 2020, 07:03:37 am »
I have stuff on my shelf that I haven’t touched in ages.

I completed Mario Odyssey around the launch of switch and still have that knocking about despite not touching it since.

Warmsignal

Re: Do you sell/trade your games after you’ve completed them?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 11:04:45 am »
If I've I beat it, then I actually liked it so I keep it. Will only sell stuff I don't care about it, or thought was hot garbage.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 11:39:10 am »
Only if it's a double or I hate it.

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 02:01:19 pm »
It's what I usually do for new games unless there's a multiplayer component I'm going to keep playing or it's a singleplayer game I'm likely to replay, so I don't tend to have a lot of new physical games on console anymore.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 07:27:44 pm »
I've been collecting about 40 years and only traded in games once which I regreted.Although I have given away lots of games to friends or family many times.

pzeke

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 01:41:50 pm »
I mentioned this on another topic, but the first time that I ever traded in something I was a little kid that didn't know any better—I traded my complete NES for this and this, which amounted to essentially $20 or so. I was, in the simplest of terms, taken advantage of. After leaving the store and getting in the car I realized what I had done and remember regretting the trade on the way home. It was a learning experience.

Then there was this one time many years ago where I was at a GameStop and witnessed a trade going on where this guy brought in a bunch of games and got something like $50 and some change for it all. All of the games were complete, mostly for PS1, and one of the games, if memory serves, was Final Fantasy VII.

Overall, I don't trade even if my life depended on it, and whatever I end up selling is either because it's a double, doesn't interest me at all, or just outright doesn't belong in my collection.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 10:19:03 pm »
I traded only 3 times my whole life, regreted it.  I bought all those games back.  >.> NEVER AGAIN!!!

Only way i am selling/trading anything anymore, will be when all must go.  Retreating to Full Body VR: Sword Art Online World.
The Mind is The Slayer of Reality. --- LoS