Author Topic: The Game Awards 2020  (Read 2544 times)

lex2000

Re: The Game Awards 2020
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2020, 12:56:44 am »
I'm in such a predicament. I haven't been able to play a majority of the nominations due to being on a stricter budget this year, so I missed out on so many games. The thing is though, I'm 90% sure I'm instead getting a majority of these games around Christmas due to my family basically saying to me, "Hey I got the games you wanted". Going based on just my personal tastes and experiences in the past, my GOTY would probably be Final Fantasy VII Remake. I didn't grow up with the original in any way, but Square Enix is probably my favorite developer. That, and I played quite a bit of the demo, and it was very very good. Looking forward to playing the full game in just a few weeks.

As far as announcements go I'm not going to go in expecting too much based on how last year went. I'd love to be surprised, though. Reading through this thread I'm seeing posts talking about how Microsoft has an announcement, which is VERY interesting. We only have a full day left to go before it's the day of. See you guys after the show.
@ me when Sinnoh remakes are announced

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2020, 05:08:52 pm »
Not really important to the show itself, but the pre-show is gonna have some live music from Lyn Inaizumi who did the singing for Persona 5 music, which is great as while I didn't super love the game itself, it's visual style and music are top notch.  Pearl Jam seems like they are going to be there too, not sure if they are doing actual music or not, not super sure why they would be there otherwise except to maybe give out an award for the music category.

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2020, 04:12:09 pm »
And Nintendo just straight up announced that a new Smash character will be revealed tonight, so that's pretty cool.  Genuinely have no idea who they could add at this point.

pzeke

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2020, 06:32:22 pm »
Crash Bandicoot?

Probably not.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2020, 06:37:24 pm »
Crash Bandicoot?

Probably not.

I think Crash is a strong possibility, maybe not here, I could see them doing another Nintendo character for this one (Not sure who I would actually want to see from Nintendo at this point, other than like Urbosa from Zelda), but with 4 more slots left in the character pack, I could see it happening.

pzeke

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2020, 06:58:00 pm »
Urbosa actually crossed my mind when I made my post; I honestly think she would be a nice choice. The announcement being a Nintendo character makes sense, I mean, there's still plenty to choose from.

We'll see.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2020, 07:06:53 pm »
Holy crap, Sephiroth in Smash.  I was actually struggling to think of villains I'd like to see show up, but Sephiroth is a damn good one lol

New Perfect Dark game announced, that's pretty cool, I hope it works out, though it's apparently pretty early in development.  hopefully it's way better than their last reboot of the series lol

Back 4 Blood looks really cool, it's just straight up Left 4 Dead, made by the same studio, just not with Valve, but they are very clearly making this because there is no new Left 4 Dead.  This looks super cool because it seems like they are taking abit of their work from Evolve to work it into this with the giant monster zombie.

A brand new Evil Dead game is a surprise, it's a 4 player co-op game of some sort.  Not what I would expect for an Evil Dead thing, mixing different eras of the series as it has young Ash from Evil Dead 2, the girl from the tv show, the blonde friend from Evil Dead 1, and the knight from Army of Darkness as characters, which is pretty neat.

Ughh, what a useless trailer for Mass Effect lol It was already announced to be coming, so a trailer that showed almost nothing to reiterate it, especially with it likely being years out from release, it's really not what I want to see, especially as the last reveal of the show.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 09:47:48 pm by kamikazekeeg »

dhaabi

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2020, 09:58:03 pm »

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2020, 10:17:16 pm »
Yeah The Last of Us Part 2 sweeping was pretty expected.  It's a good game, though I still enjoyed my time with Final Fantasy 7 Remake more.

kypherion

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2020, 02:22:54 am »
Sephiroth is in smash... Honestly didn't care about the rest after that, hate to say it. I'm super stoked to see the presentation next thursday and hopefully download him then too.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2020, 04:06:28 am »
The new trailer for It Takes Two was the best thing in the show. Looks like a ton of fun.

Returnal looks fun too.