Author Topic: Your Opinions Of The Spyro Series  (Read 2149 times)

Your Opinions Of The Spyro Series
« on: March 30, 2018, 05:25:46 pm »
It's one of those SONY exclusive Series that can be vary frustrating at times. My opinion of the Spyro series has one major flaw. You have a life system in place and it it vary easy to die, and have to start over from the vary beginning of the entire game. (edit) without a memory card save file

I am just starting to play Enter The Dragonfly and I do like it

« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 05:43:44 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: Your Opinions Of The Spyro Series
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 05:32:22 pm »
Fun...nuff said.

hexen

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 05:46:06 pm »
I've played the first 3 and they are all-time classics. That's about all, peace out.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 06:22:46 pm »
Never played them.  I dabbled throughout the Crash Bandicoot games, but never got to Spyro, which is why I'm interested in the rumor of Spyro getting the remastered treatment like Crash, as I wouldn't mind check them out that way.

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 11:44:51 pm »
I've tried them multiple times but i quickly lose interest in them every time.

thecrypticodor

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 11:47:49 pm »
The first three on the PS1 are bonafide classics. The sixth gen ones however are mostly mediocre with a exception of heroes tail which is actually pretty solid in my opinion.

megasilverx1

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 01:45:34 am »
I played the PS1 games recently, having only grew up with Season of Ice on the GBA. While all 3 of the PS1 game are fun, I really only liked the first one mainly since I hated the character designs of Spyro 2&3; everyone who wasn't a dragon looked like a muppet to me. I haven't really been following the rumors, but if Activision is making a Spyro trilogy remake like they did with Crash, I'd be interested in playing it.

pizzasafari

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 08:03:42 pm »
Unpopular opinion but I've never really been a fan. Something about them just felt floaty and unsatisfying to play to me.

I know I've played the second game and Enter the Dragonfly, I think I've played others but I can't remember which. It was a long time ago.

thefr0zenanus

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 03:13:24 am »
It was the first game i ever got for my Playstation on a christmas morning, i love it but looking back it's platforming elements were a little underwhelming.

that aside, i'll express a unpopular opinion. Spyro's career post-ps1 wasn't a complete failure. the gba games were pretty good. hero's tail was decent. i hated the third game in the legend of spyro series but i heard the first game was a decent new take on spyro's origins.

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 07:45:32 pm »
i grew up on the original trilogy, still love to play them even today. :)

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 10:47:14 am »
I've only briefly played the first one back when it released. I had an N64/Super Mario 64, so I really wasn't impressed, but was definitely intrigued. I suppose my question is, "Do I get the new trilogy, or is there a convincing reason to revisit the old ones?"

Seems like a pretty subjective question, but when you consider remasters/remakes the likes of Secret of Mana, the stakes might be higher than they first appear!

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2020, 09:03:43 pm »
What do more of you think of the later Spyro games  verses the newer ones? is it true, that in later Spyro The Dragon games Spyro became a bad dragon? with red eyes? I was just watching a video of a game review where the Spyro the dragon figure looked more like an villain  more than a hero. The earlier games I played with Spyro the dragon in it. he was a hero dragon, now in the latest photo of Spyro he looks more like an evil sorcerer than a hero. I need to ask do later games have Spyro as a bad guy or is he still a hero?

(edit) I just looked up something about Dark Spyro, he has black scales Dark Spyro. And does not have red eyes so, does  the purple Spyro have red eyes in some of the later games?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 09:17:12 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2020, 11:20:47 pm »
I know many love spyro but I never cared for it much after the first one.