Author Topic: Let's Talk About The 7th Generation Of Gaming Consoles  (Read 4007 times)

telekill

Re: Let's Talk About The 7th Generation Of Gaming Consoles
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2020, 11:01:21 am »
Favorite: PS3

I ended up getting a PS3 about a week after launch and that was only because I knew people. I missed the preorder window that was like... maybe an hour. I worked in Seattle at the time. Every day after launch I went to about 3-4 stores daily. Before the job I had during the preorder window, I worked at an EB Games and knew a few of the managers. I remember going in to a store 6 days after launch and a 360 fanboy was telling me that every PS3 game would also be on 360 so I may as well buy a 360. Had I not known.... had I been a casual gamer, I would have taken his idiotic word as truth cause he's the one working at the game store. Luckily, I've been a gamer probably since before he was born. I laughed at him and came back the next day. I saw the same moron was there and immediately left. I was going up an escalator and a friend of mine was coming down the escalator. Came to find out he was now the manager of that store and he had a PS3 in the store he wasn't supposed to sell till Black Friday, but he would sell it too me if I wanted it. I came back down to the store and bought it with Resistance and an extra controller. The moron behind the counter tried to interject that they weren't supposed to sell it but he couldn't cut off the manager's decision. It was fantastic.

My favorite series, Uncharted, was born on the PS3. I also loved the Infamous games, RE5, Tomb Raider (2013), Mass Effect 2 and 3, and tons of others. It was an incredible generation.

Neutral: X360

I didn't bother owning one but I had a few friends that had it. It was ok but didn't really have the games I wanted to play outside of third party releases that I could also play on PS3.

Loathe: Wii

Don't get me wrong, many Nintendo specific games still had a tinge of fun in them, but I found out with this system that I ABSOLUTELY HATE motion controls. I almost instantly regretted getting rid of my Gamecube. Luckily, my Wii could play Gamecube games so that's basically what it became. Skyward Sword was the nail in the coffin for me and it ruined me on Nintendo as a whole until the Switch advertising came out stating "Play how you want" and showed the Pro controller. After the Wii-U heavily advertised continued use of the Wii-motes, the system was DOA for me.

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2020, 02:22:23 pm »
1. PS3

Sony consoles have been my goto consoles since the 6th gen for the most part and the PS3 was no exception. I definitely own and have played the most games for the PS3 out of all the gen 7 consoles, and in terms of exclusives it's pretty much unmatched for the gen.

2. Wii

The Wii has a metric ton of shovelware on it, however the excellent titles mixed in that shovelware as so high quality that they alone make this an amazing title. On top of that there were some super fun first party Nintendo games that I have a bunch of fond memories of playing.

3. 360

While the 360 is my least favorite of the 7th gen consoles, I still really, really like it and I feel like it was the lat XBOX console really worth owning. It's also the SHMUP console of choice for the 7th gen, especially when taking into account imports.

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2020, 04:03:53 pm »
Wii was the first of the consoles that I bought from a co-worker of mines at the time that was selling it alongside a copy of Smash Bros. Brawl. I vividly remember getting this especially considering that this was the first gaming console I bought with my own money after getting my first job. Said co-worker was someone I got along with right away when I had arrived there. Not only that but because it had Gamecube compatibility, it allowed me to experience Gamecube games first hand since I was a PS2 owner in the previous generation and I had fun with it. I still have mines but in storage since I can use my Wii U for Wii games I havent gotten around to yet.

PS3 was the second one I bought and the my favorite of the 3. I bought mines via Ebay auction a few months after getting the Wii and best of all, it was the OG PS3 with PS2 support. I still remember doing a last minute sniping bid and winning it which felt so satisfying. Overall, I invested alot of time on it and my library is in the 100s but not as high as PS2. I've met awesome people through online who a few I still keep contact with and it was on overall great console. While I do have my OG PS3 from 2009, it has since stopped working atleast with the bluray drive. It works with CDs and DVDs but with Bluray media, it tends to lock up and I never tried to fix it. Instead I opted for Slim PS3 for a few years until I bought another OG PS3 and wound out giving my Slim PS3 and just because it was cheap, I bought a Super Slim from someone 2 years ago

Finally we have the Xbox 360 and I won't say its my least favorite but rather the least used if only because I bought mines way later for reasons I cant remember. That said, it is currently hooked up and I do have a number of games on disc and digitally. Most of what I have are multiplatform that supposedly run better but I do like the amount of digital games you cant find elsewhere in other digital platforms like Raystorm, Radiant Silvergun, Guardian Heroes, TMNT2(I got from a friend since it has since been delisted), UMK3(same as TMNT2) and few others. Alot of the big titles I have yet to play or I will but not on the 360 but on Xbox One since it is backwards compatible with a few games. Otherwise, it has gotten its use but not as much as the other two.

dhaabi

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2020, 04:10:37 pm »
PlayStation 3
Having grown up with Sony platforms, and, as a young, casual gamer during the PlayStation 3's release, I soon later bought the system without knowing too much about it, including the new focus and direction that gaming as a whole was heading. I bought the system because I enjoyed the PlayStation and PlayStation 2 and had hopes that the PlayStation 3 would continue to meet that satisfaction. However, this generation began the heavy focus on online gaming and first-person shooters, which are an aspect and genre I particularly do not enjoy. In short, I was and still am disappointed in the PlayStation 3, as the overall lineup of title selections is lacking in terms of variety.

Wii
One year before the Wii U's release in 2011, I inherited a Wii. Having not ever owned a Nintendo console prior, I was able to experience a lot of high-quality titles from both the Wii and GameCube libraries. Personally, I generally enjoy the motion control aspects, especially those in first-party titles. And, of course, the debut of Miis and their collection of titles are still fun today. While there is a lot of shovelware, I don't necessarily think it's worse than the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. While the Wii may not have had the high-quality support of AAA studios unlike Sony and Microsoft at the time, there are plenty of amazing albeit niche titles to experience.

Xbox 360
Not ever having been someone to game with Microsoft products, I have little to say about the Xbox 360 that hasn't already been mentioned with my opinions on the PlayStation 3. However, the notorious Red Ring of Death was an abysmal failure on Microsoft's behalf. If Microsoft wasn't the conglomerate it was and continues to exists as today, the Xbox line easily could have ended here.

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2020, 05:11:06 pm »
It worth knowing that not all Nintendo Wii consoles actually play GameCube games, A relative of mine had this one Wii the clean GameCube Disc  would not even detect. I would like to know exactly what Wii consoles do play GameCube games, mine is red and it has the GameCube Plugs and the memory card oirt but I never used it and I'm afraid to use it,

what I read earlier some Wii consoles do not read GameCube games, and I know this because I just said my dad owns a Wii that does not read GameCube game because I tired and I think it ejected the GameCube disc  :(

Do I need a special update? or software to read gameCube games On the Wii?

My own Wii is red and it's have 4 GameCube Plugs and 2 memory card ports, will mine read the GameCube discs? or do I still need Special Software installed from the internet?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 05:15:00 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

telekill

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2020, 05:14:20 pm »
It worth knowing that not all Nintendo Wii consoles actually play GameCube games, A relative of mine had this one Wii the GameCube Disc  would not even detect it. I would like to know exactly what Wii consoles do play GameCube games, mine is red and it has the GameCube Plugs and the memory card oirt but I never used it and I'm afraid to use it,

what I read earlier some Wii consoles do not read GameCube games, and I know this because I just said my dad owns a Wii that does not read GameCube game because I tired and I think it ejected the GameCube disc  :(

If it has the Gamecube controller and memory card plugs, you should be good to play the games as well. Pretty sure that those without those ports are the ones that won't play the discs either.

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2020, 05:16:52 pm »
It worth knowing that not all Nintendo Wii consoles actually play GameCube games, A relative of mine had this one Wii the GameCube Disc  would not even detect it. I would like to know exactly what Wii consoles do play GameCube games, mine is red and it has the GameCube Plugs and the memory card oirt but I never used it and I'm afraid to use it,

If it has the Gamecube controller and memory card plugs, you should be good to play the games as well. Pretty sure that those without those ports are the ones that won't play the discs either.

thanks  @telekill :)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"