Author Topic: A Year in Review - 2020  (Read 2178 times)

Bluemoon

Re: A Year in Review - 2020
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2020, 12:01:29 pm »
Favourite 2020 Release: Animal Crossing New Horizons (Switch) - I don't usually play most games in their release year but this has just been a fun and relaxing experience for me

Least Favourite 2020 Release: FIFA 21 (Xbox One) - I deserve to be disappointed buying this one, this is literally fifa 20 but the defensive AI is trash now. Not much more to say

Favourite Game Played in 2020: Hydro Thunder (PS1) - A cheap arcade racing game that I found myself having way more fun with then i ever thought I would. It's just so fun to play through over and over again. I have no shame saying this was my favourite game this year

Least Favourite Game Played in 2020: Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (Wii) - technically probably not the 'worst' game I've played this year, however I hate how this game controls and how it pretty much marked the end of one of my favourite series being any good or 'alive' if you want to put that way. This game was probably more disappointing than it was outright bad and the HD remake makes little improvement

Sleeper Hit of 2020: Battletoads (Xbox One) - I don't know this was a really weird category for me to choose so the only thing i could think of was the new battletoads game that's gone under the radar. While not the best game, this is defiantly the way to make a modern battletoads game and it's a good bit of a fun

Favourite Gaming Moment in 2020: Finally getting first place on Nile Adventure in Hydro Thunder after countless attempts, meaning I had finally beaten the game

Proudest Collection Accomplishment of 2020: Hitting 100 games in my collection, while I know this may seem a very small collection to most but this really feels like I've hit my first collecting milestone

It's been good to reflect on my gaming this year, most years I feel the need to do this because of stuff like the game awards and steam awards but I never feel like I can because, I don't play many games in release year but I think this template idea is great and something everyone here should try

kashell

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2020, 08:14:41 am »
I'll give my choices to ignition's categories:

Proudest Gaming Accomplishment in 2020: Giving Suikoden IV and Suikoden Tactics fair chances. Neither game was nearly as bad as I said they were years and years ago. This is especially true for Tactics - I had a blast with that one and didn't want to end.

Favorite Game Revisited in 2020: Breath of Fire III (PSP). It's still as fun as I remember. This time, I had Prima's strategy guide by my side when I was playing which made the experience slightly different than last time.

Least Favorite Game beat in 2020: Bendy and the goddamn Ink Machine.

soera

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2020, 03:50:33 pm »
Im going to do mine a little different. This year has been about Trails of Cold Steel. It is, without a doubt, the best series E V E R.  I have played through the first 3 games and am over 150 hours into IV. Hopefully the next 3 titles in the series see localization soon (all 3 have been released in Japan this year or next year).

Ive played other titles this year such as FFVII remaster and Ys: Memories of Celceta. Trails however has me hooked.

What were your favourite and most disappointing games of 2020?
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2020, 02:27:36 pm »
My favourite games were:
Cyberpunk 2077
Star Wars Squadrons

My most disappointing games were:
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot (can’t really even remember it now despite finishing it I’ve blocked it out, I think every enemy was a tedious damage sponge)
One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows (Didn’t play because obviously bad, but had so much potential with the concept)

Honestly there was hardly anything I even cared to play this year.

shatterstar69

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2021, 06:54:54 am »
My favorite 2020 release: The Last of Us 2

Least favorite 2020 release: G.I.Joe: Operation Blackout

Favorite Game Played in 2020:  Little Nightmares

Least Favorite Game Played in 2020:  Night Call

Sleeper Hit of 2020:  Hades

Favorite Gaming Moment in 2020:  The sad fact that violence just begets more violence in The Last of Us 2

Proudest Collection Achievement:  I guess, finally buying a Nintendo SWITCH!!

Time to make the donuts!

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2021, 04:51:35 am »

Favorite 2020 Release Diden't really play a whole lot of games that were released in 2020 for the most part so i'll have to mention Assasins creed Valhalla for the time being, by far the most time i've put into a game. I don't know what it is about ubisoft games but for some reason i learned i just like ticking things off the map even if it means busy work to some. The story is also worth mentioning as that is pretty good too.

Ghost of tsushima would be an honarable mention aswell.

Least Favorite 2020 Release : probably would call this most disappointing releases instead. My pick would be Dirt 5, the game isen't bad or anything just not what i expected it to be the fact you can beat the career mode in 10-20 hours. Standard Rally is completly gone aswell.

Favorite Game Played in 2020 : Red dead redemption 2, Don't know why i waited this long to start playing it, but yeah glad i finally got around to it atleast.

Least Favorite Game Played in 2020 : Farmers Dynasty, kind of expected a realistic clone of harvest moon/story of seasons but yeah i don't know how anyone can get into this pile of shit it's boring, getting around the map is a chore with your slow ass tractor, every female/male character looks the same. The fact that this was even released as a full price game euh  Stay away from this one at all costs.

Sleeper Hit of 2020 : Planet coaster console edition, can't talk too much about it yet as i've only spent a few hours into the game enjoying my time with it so far, pretty sure this one will be futured in a hidden gem video from Mjr in 2025 orso.

Favorite Gaming Moment in 2020 : Playing shitty kinect games with my younger nephew and niece and see the smiles on their faces it made me feel like an 8 year old again. Offcourse this was earlier in the year before the pandemic hit everybody hard.

Proudest Collection Accomplishment of 2020 : So many stuff to choose from i woulden't know where to begin first, maybe i'll add it into top 30 pick ups thread.