Author Topic: GameStop brick and mortar is all but dead  (Read 1660 times)

pzeke

Re: GameStop brick and mortar is all but dead
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2020, 02:37:00 pm »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

Warmsignal

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2020, 01:30:57 am »
Part of this is definitely their fault, however even they couldn't stop the digital wave that's been taking over the game industry for years.

I think the reason it's taken so long is because the industry knew they'd have to groom the younger generation into digital distribution, they knew the dinosaurs weren't going to just accept it full stop. We're now reaching that point, I suppose. Does little Billy care that Fortnight is just a download of a license? No. He doesn't even think about it. They've waited years for this, and now that they have a wider market to sell their "licenses" to, they're doing a slow, but forced phase out of physical media. Think how much money it's going to save for anyone producing any type of media? But don't expect that savings to reflect in the price of whatever you're buying, because reasons.

/rant

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2020, 03:11:23 am »
Part of this is definitely their fault, however even they couldn't stop the digital wave that's been taking over the game industry for years.

I think the reason it's taken so long is because the industry knew they'd have to groom the younger generation into digital distribution, they knew the dinosaurs weren't going to just accept it full stop. We're now reaching that point, I suppose. Does little Billy care that Fortnight is just a download of a license? No. He doesn't even think about it. They've waited years for this, and now that they have a wider market to sell their "licenses" to, they're doing a slow, but forced phase out of physical media. Think how much money it's going to save for anyone producing any type of media? But don't expect that savings to reflect in the price of whatever you're buying, because reasons.

/rant

I wonder what will happen if the game licenses started taken away from the buyers in mass, and if somebody takes the risk and makes a physical only retail console, to compete with all digital, I wonder how that would work out? would they get their butt kicked then by the digital only platforms or would they be successful? Or maybe the digital companies won't take digital licenses away from consumers. Even though they have the power to take the a digital game  away from it's consumers whenever that developer wants to.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 03:18:49 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"