Author Topic: Has Anyone Heard Of (Disc Reply) Brick and Motor Stores?  (Read 905 times)

Has Anyone Heard Of (Disc Reply) Brick and Motor Stores?
« on: December 07, 2020, 09:32:52 pm »
Disc Replay is my choice for all my game shopping. from what I gather there a lot newer than the GameStop franchise, but are still not as wide spread. If you have one of these stores near you I recommend you go there and shop around, they sell movies and games and other used electronics including Lap Top PC's and TV's. and other gaming merchandise

https://www.discreplay.com/locations#illinois

here is some of the states that have a disc Replay store in them if you don't want to click the link

1: Illinois
2: Indiana
3: Iowa
4: Michigan
5: Ohio
6: Kentucky

They just opened 2 new stores recently, one of them is in Saginaw Michigan.

Does anyone live near one of these stores? I love them and just thought I'd recommend them.

They sell both modern and older video games, and Blu-ray and DVD movies and I read somewhere some stores will even buy VHS tapes
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 09:44:46 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

bizzarnage

Re: Has Anyone Heard Of (Disc Reply) Brick and Motor Stores?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 09:54:33 pm »
I haven't. It's probably hard territory here in PA tho. Especially in my city since there are several B&M shops mainly Classic Game Junkie. But I am interested in the idea of a chain.. it sounds shocking to me for some reason. I guess after watching Not For Resale I feel like the idea of one store seems hard enough. Are they anything like CEX in terms of sales and inventory? Sounds like a place to hit up when I visit Michigan again soon.
Do I look like I celebrate Festivus? 依ヴど疫 ヺ び慰

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 10:04:44 pm »
I haven't. It's probably hard territory here in PA tho. Especially in my city since there are several B&M shops mainly Classic Game Junkie. But I am interested in the idea of a chain.. it sounds shocking to me for some reason. I guess after watching Not For Resale I feel like the idea of one store seems hard enough. Are they anything like CEX in terms of sales and inventory? Sounds like a place to hit up when I visit Michigan again soon.

Not sure what CEX is but

I've seen staff talk to people on the phone at my home location, from what I gather I guess they were talking about a specific game they had or didn't have in stock? I never called them before, but I do know you need to wear a facial mask in order to entering the store now. The staff is always nice but you may have to wait your turn to purchase in store though. you basically just pick out a game then they need to look it up, but all of their discs consoles and cartridges are buffed and cleaned then sold. i other words Disc Replay where I live never sells junk
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 10:07:17 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Warmsignal

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 01:06:36 am »
I get the feeling they are a small regional chain that's living on borrowed time. I used to visit a defunct chain known as "Replay Games". A big-ass Blockbuster sized store with similar isle setup full of games and movies, but they never had a single customer in them when I'd go to any of them. They bit the dust by the mid 2010s, I believe?

Any store that's still basing their entire business on discs or carts, is not long for this world. I think I might have bought some stuff from this Disc Replay through eBay, or seen them around eBay for god knows how long now... particularly because you say Ohio. I remember a similar name shipping from there a lot. Now that's going to bug the crap out of me... if anyone knows the name of a major store/seller on eBay that ships from Ohio that's been on eBay for maybe over a decade? Lemme know. Something about a Disc, I believe.... Pretty sure it's Disc Replay. Also pretty sure I've got at least one game in the bottom of my junk games box that has the sticker on it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 01:09:30 am by Warmsignal »

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 09:34:22 am »
I have a Disc Replay less than 10 minutes from my house (in Indiana). I’ve been there a few times, it’s pretty cool.
However, recently they received some competition: Another local chain called the X-Change opened just down the street. They’re a bigger store and have a TON of games, along with vinyl records, figures, CDs, all that kind of stuff. I think there’s 3 or 4 X-Change stores around the Indianapolis area.

jason

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 07:25:46 pm »
I've had good luck with the ones I've been to in Michigan. :)

theflea

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 03:33:23 am »
Ya I go to Disc Replay all the time, the one in my area isn't to badly priced. Usually under going value online.
Really cool staff and very helpful, they know me all to well.  ;)
"Happy game hunting!!!"