Author Topic: What retro items you are expecting will get expensier this 2021?  (Read 4300 times)

Re: What retro items you are expecting will get expensier this 2021?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2020, 12:11:49 am »
This year is the 20th anniversary of the original Xbox releasing. The articles that come out saying that will probably spark some nostalgia and the games will in turn go up in price.

I'm still waiting for the XBOX to have its turn. It isn't as easy or cheap to collect for as it was about 10 years ago, but it's still pretty damn easy compared to almost everything else released around that time. I think in a few years maybe XBOX will be remembered fondly like the PS1 or PS2 is now, but I'm just shocked it hasn't happened yet.

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2020, 04:22:40 pm »
This year is the 20th anniversary of the original Xbox releasing. The articles that come out saying that will probably spark some nostalgia and the games will in turn go up in price.

I'm still waiting for the XBOX to have its turn. It isn't as easy or cheap to collect for as it was about 10 years ago, but it's still pretty damn easy compared to almost everything else released around that time. I think in a few years maybe XBOX will be remembered fondly like the PS1 or PS2 is now, but I'm just shocked it hasn't happened yet.

(MY OPINON)

I love playing racing games on an original Xbox games using the actual original Xbox. I highly recommend anyone to try playing any of the mainstream OG Xbox console racing game using an official Xbox S controller. It feels vary much like I'm playing them in in a real arcade.

All the Original Xbox racing games I've played with use the upper right and left trigger on the Xbox S controller for moving or stopping. Giving you (the player) more precise control over your driving, unlike the racing games I've played for other consoles,

push the right trigger all the way down to go faster. Or hold the trigger down a little less for to drive a little slower, and you can press the brake for a little more control for those turns and track bends. I never played racing games more easier and more fun. :)

(edit) oh yea I forgot, all those racing games steer using the left joystick and the controller joystick is vary good quality
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 04:46:03 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pzeke

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2020, 09:08:39 pm »
The Xbox has its share of "gems" and rarities for sure, but outside of those, and maybe an exclusive here and there, I don't see it becoming as collectible in the same scale as the PS1 or PS2, or even the PS3 for that matter. Maybe in another decade. I don't mind being proven wrong, though, so who knows...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 09:42:21 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2021, 08:40:48 pm »
well 2021 is here and what about the current prices for handheld games? I was just at a retro game store last month sometime and this guy asked the prices of some random Gameboy Advance game and they wanted $33 USD for one random GBA game. while I was picking out console games for. At most 2 times less then what Disc Replay wanted for this one handheld Gameboy Advance game. I'm sure glad I collect for console only.

I don't see the appeal for handheld games, I'd rather buy a console game. If I was a kid again I'd love a handheld, I had a Gameboy Advance SP that I gave to some of my relatives I got as a gift as a young adult, I still don't care too much for GBA games other then Pokémon
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 08:44:05 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2021, 09:01:32 pm »
well 2021 is here and what about the current prices for handheld games? I was just at a retro game store last month sometime and this guy asked the prices of some random Gameboy Advance game and they wanted $33 USD for one random GBA game. while I was picking out console games for. At most 2 times less then what Disc Replay wanted for this one handheld Gameboy Advance game. I'm sure glad I collect for console only.

I don't see the appeal for handheld games, I'd rather buy a console game. If I was a kid again I'd love a handheld, I had a Gameboy Advance SP that I gave to some of my relatives I got as a gift as a young adult, I still don't care too much for GBA games other then Pokémon

Forget the disadvantages of a handheld. Game Boy Player (if you own a GameCube).

Best way to play Game Boy, GBC, or GBA games. Full-screen on a T.V., with a GameCube controller. I go one step further, though, I got a GameCube-to-SNES adapter so I can use the SNES controller to play my GB library on.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 11:53:07 am by burningdoom »

sworddude

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2021, 07:19:18 am »

Forget the disadvantages of a handheld. Game Boy Player (if you own a GameCube).

Best way to play Game Boy, GBC, or GBA games. Full-screen on a T.V., with a GameCube controller. I go one step further, though, I got a GameCube-to-SNES adapter so I can use the SNES controller to play my GB library on.

Gamecube controller has a terrible D pad. I'd recommend to at least buy a gba gamecube connector and use the handheld console as a controller. wich has the same button layout as was intended, The very best option is the hori gameboy player gamepad but that one has always been a bit pricy
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2021, 11:43:53 am »

Gamecube controller has a terrible D pad. I'd recommend to at least buy a gba gamecube connector and use the handheld console as a controller. wich has the same button layout as was intended, The very best option is the hori gameboy player gamepad but that one has always been a bit pricy

Like I said, SNES-to-GameCube adapter. The SNES controller is better than the Hori one, even, for GameCube. No weirdly shaped buttons. Only $30.

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2021, 12:39:43 pm »

Like I said, SNES-to-GameCube adapter. The SNES controller is better than the Hori one, even, for GameCube. No weirdly shaped buttons. Only $30.

You wouldn't happen to be talking about the Raphnet adapter would you?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2021, 01:37:51 pm »

I am.

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2021, 11:46:15 am »

I am.

How good is it? I want to get one but out of stock atm.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2021, 12:08:32 pm »

I am.

Works as it should. You just plug a SNES controller into the cord, and the cord into the GameCube. Shame it's sold out.

Flashback2012

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2021, 12:11:28 pm »
- Answering to @Warmsignal

It is a reference to Gradius Galaxies or Gradius 3 when you start the game a title screen saying "Start" appears.

You should start each of your topics with this...

Either that or the "walking" logo but I couldn't find a gif of that. Here's a YouTube version for reference...

The Konami "Walking" Logo

As for the subject...probably just about everything?  :P

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2021, 01:09:28 pm »

I am.

Works as it should. You just plug a SNES controller into the cord, and the cord into the GameCube. Shame it's sold out.

Website states there should be a restock this month so hoping thats the case

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2021, 01:16:45 pm »
I started building up my original Xbox collection around last year, after someone sold me theirs + 8 games for 25 bucks. Pretty much all the games worth having for that platform are dirt cheap, but probably not for much longer. I wanted a physical copy of Silent Hill 2 for the PS2, but even a loose disc alone goes for like 100 bucks. Compare that to the Xbox version of Silent Hill 2 which you can grab now for 30 bucks CIB, maybe a little more for a sealed copy. Otogi 1 & 2 were super cheap but are now slowly going up in price because Souls fans want those early FromSoftware games.

What I'm saying is, if you're at a used game shop and happen to see copies of Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, and Shenmue II... buy that shit and hold onto it!

gummo

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2021, 02:59:32 pm »
I think TG-16/Pc Engine will go up in 2021 . They're not super cheap at the moment , but I think there will be a surge in demand for them as the Analog Duo comes out . Especially PC engine and CD games .