Author Topic: What I don't like about some consoles. [Not serious topic]  (Read 2705 times)

tripredacus

Re: What I don't like about some consoles. [Not serious topic]
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2021, 09:23:31 am »
Original Gameboy Advance
You wanted to what?  To see what you were playing.  All you have to do is stand or sit awkwardly to get optimal viewing angle, full illumination, and little glare.  You can only have two of the three.

This but for the Neo Geo Pocket Color.

N64 controller is terrible and the graphics are even worse.

Wii motion controls were too light, the nunchuck for FPS is a terrible and confusing design. Almost all games only supported motion controls and few actually could use the wii remote as a regular controller.

Sega Saturn with the battery draining issue when plugged in but not powered on.

NES having to blow the cartridge.

I'm not going to rail on the older stuff like the VCS because back then it was fine. Systems like that just do not hold up to current "minimum" expectations and are not enjoyable to a lot of people. Same goes for any system that used a cassette player for loading games.

sworddude

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2021, 12:34:03 pm »
Original Gameboy Advance
You wanted to what?  To see what you were playing.  All you have to do is stand or sit awkwardly to get optimal viewing angle, full illumination, and little glare.  You can only have two of the three.

Can't you apply that to all cardridge based systems when dirty?

|Start》|

- What I don't like about the Sega Genesis?

This will sound hilarious but what I don't like is how the console is connected to the tv, at least the one I had needed to unplug the tv paid channels cord and then put the adaptor of the console just to plug the cord again with the adaptor, of course I assume other Sega Genesis models didn't needed that thing and had more simple AV cords, it's just that I had bad luck buying mine.

ye that antenna cable is the standard. Legitimate 1st party sega genesis av cables are quite the rarity.

99 out of 100 times your going to buy a 3rd party av cable or go scart.

I agree though searching channels is horrible but once you set up a seperate channel for them sega consoles it's just plug and play again for all future consoles. Same applies to any other console with antenna.

although aside from testing cables out I'd really recommend to go av or better for personal use even av alone is a huge upgrade.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 12:38:40 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2021, 01:03:15 pm »
Man game collecting has changed. You used to be able to find Genesis AV cables for $10-$20.

sworddude

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2021, 02:17:00 pm »
Man game collecting has changed. You used to be able to find Genesis AV cables for $10-$20.

Sure if you check online and buy them seperately you can find og 1st party cables boxed for not to high of a price although still pretty tricky to find if you'd ask me. even years ago they where pretty uncommon. I'll say this I've personally seen more Gamecube component cables than sega 16 bit av cables  :o 1st party av cables functionality wise are just useless. It's just a niche collectors thing when it's cib considering 3rd party av is fine and av in general is more of an entry lvl option as reasons why the price is quite low.

I have never come across them in sets always those damm antenna cables and the occasional low quality 3rd party scart the quality of the set doesn't matter. Sega just hated av cables it seems. Even with the nes you can get official av cables since it was usually included when you bought them.

Not expensive at all, but considering how you pretty much never see them in sets it's a rarity. still 3rd party av cables are only a couple $ and work just aswell. but it ain't the best option anyway. AV is just a quick plug and play option withouth much hassle compared to the better options. Probably only very few people that bought av cables for the system back in the day considering you had to buy them seperately.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 02:27:07 pm by sworddude »

tripredacus

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2021, 09:20:20 am »
Original Gameboy Advance

Well it comes down to personal history. Possibly you are right. For me, I had a brand new Nintendo and the carts had to be finessed to work. Everyone else who had a NES had these same problems. The SMS I had I never had to, the GB or GG I borrowed never, the Genesis I got years later or any of the other people's Genesis you didn't have to do it, never even for VCS. Sure I can say that nowadays, sometimes I come across finicky carts and decks for Genesis, but this is like 30 years later, not within 1 year of purchasing a thing from retail.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2021, 10:48:59 am »
Original Gameboy Advance

Well it comes down to personal history. Possibly you are right. For me, I had a brand new Nintendo and the carts had to be finessed to work. Everyone else who had a NES had these same problems. The SMS I had I never had to, the GB or GG I borrowed never, the Genesis I got years later or any of the other people's Genesis you didn't have to do it, never even for VCS. Sure I can say that nowadays, sometimes I come across finicky carts and decks for Genesis, but this is like 30 years later, not within 1 year of purchasing a thing from retail.

Agreed. I've owned pretty much all the major cartridge-based consoles. And the only one that gave me issues like that was the NES. Other consoles would work fine if you cleaned the game.

sworddude

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2021, 01:42:36 pm »
Interesting

Snes sega and gba for me mainly.

Nes rarely has to be cleaned for me.